Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Actually listened to a interesting 'freakonomics' podcast about the pay gap a while back. Found it http://freakonomics.com/podcast/the-...radio-podcast/

Not exactly what one might expect, or even what's being broadcast by the media on either side.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ZweiHandler View Post
    Well, I make more than enough money to support my wife and 2 kids. So her being able to stay at home, enjoy her life and raise the kids is something she wants. So as well as you make some good points:

Make staying at home with kids illegal, just like child labor is illegal.

You are an idiot.

Infracted
    Quoting this guy because he's right and nazi mods are retards.

Let the women do what they want so long as their partners are okay with it. You are a fucking idiot.

[Infracted - It's still against the rules to insult other users]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2016-04-20 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    That wont solve the problem.
    Probably because there isn't one :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Quoting this guy because he's right and nazi mods are retards.

Let the women do what they want so long as their partners are okay with it. You are a fucking idiot.
    !!!!!!

Read the article

Also I didn't write it

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    !!!!!!

Read the article

Also I didn't write it
    You may find that podcast I linked interesting.

It notices a lot of similar things, but comes to very different (and is less intentionally volatile / clickbaity and partisan) solutions to combat some of what's causing it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    These things are not the argument.
    I will parse the argument so you can understand:
    man and woman create a Zygote.
    A Zygote is a Non person.
    The woman then creates, the foetus, the baby, and then the liability.
    putting it this way, man and woman makes a fire, then man leaves, 9 months passes, then woman torches a house, the man is deemed an arsonist.
    Yes they are. You want not the same option as women, you want a better one. You want it so that when the child is already born man gets the option to opt out. That´s an insane idea. Both know the risk. So either make everything signed befor having sex or deal with the possible consequences. They aren´t unknown to men.

This is not about rape and having to pay for the child like in those two cases you introduced. Those are fucked up.

No, these are the options, woman chooses to have kid, women gets stuck with the kid - Her choice her problem.
    Or for those who think that's 'unconscionable' - To hold a woman responsible for the shit she did... - We introduce option two, woman gives birth, if she cant get another person to assume financial liability (sign the birth certificate) then the state adopts the kid, and then no single mother in need of help.
    Women can´t get pregnant on their own. Yes they have more options during pregnancy and even after, but that´s because it´s their body. That being said i do think that men should have the option to adopt their child if the mother doesn´t want it. Though in that case she should have to pay alimony.

Can i have the first way to opt out of responsibility?
    and again, women have several ways to opt out.
    Again, your way to opt out of responsibility is to not have sex. Is it fair? No. Does a man have to share the same burdon during pregnancy as a woman. No.

Options and choices should be equal when the conditions are equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yes they are.
    No they aren't.

Thats the problem with you anti-social types, you shirk all responsibility and expect others to carry you.
    No i want the same one - To be able to opt out of fatherhood, like they can.
    you want it so that when the child is already born man gets the option to opt out.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_hatch
    To think Women have that choice.
    Women can´t get pregnant on their own.
    They produce the kid solely though - as has been established, a Zygote is a non-person.
    Again, your way to opt out of responsibility is to not have sex.
    Ah yes i love this argument - How about this one:
    Again, your way to opt out of pregnancy is to not have sex.
    IN favour of abortions? Or are we going to have a sudden case of "logic"?

No need for that, if we give them that, they will want more and more.

Woman's equality is to see man be inferior to them. Women, already have their equal rights, they are being greedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    No need for that, if we give them that, they will want more and more.

Woman's equality is to see man be inferior to them. Women, already have their equal rights, they are being greedy.
    I'm helping balance the scales by aspiring to stay-at-home dad status.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    They produce the kid solely though - as has been established, a Zygote is a non-person.
    Yeah and that´s why they have more options! You almost got it.

Ah yes i love this argument - How about this one:

IN favour of abortions? Or are we going to have a sudden case of "logic"?
    And then you blew it again. Bodily autonomy is a thing. Stop trying to equate it with wealth, it doesn´t work.

Men have fewer options, because they aren´t the ones that get pregnant. Don´t like it? Blame biology/nature. Men have fewer options, men carry fewer risks, that sounds pretty fair to me.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Yeah and that´s why they have more options! You almost got it.
    Let us return to the fire - legal precedent has established that the fire is a non person - them woman then makes the fire into a person - Thus Her problem.

And then you blew it again. Bodily autonomy is a thing.
    Its the same stupid and retarded argument - feel free to peddle it, but it remains a stupid argument.
    Stop trying to equate it with wealth, it doesn´t work.
    I didn't - i said that if you don't want a kid, telling a person not to have sex is an equally applicable argument -
    Men have fewer options, because they aren´t the ones that get pregnant. Don´t like it? Blame biology/nature. Men have fewer options, men carry fewer risks, that sounds pretty fair to me.
    No, its men have no options, and full liability.
    You may not have heard about this thing called, Liberalism? - Its about treating everyone equally and so, You may confuse it with "feminist liberalism" which treating women as good as men, and men worse than women.
    Child support, education, the draft, criminal law, civil law, family courts, pretty much always - For some reason, people seem utterly unable to notice it.
    Probably having to do with the second thing i listed.

This is nonsense. Moms are better off at home than working.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let us return to the fire - legal precedent has established that the fire is a non person - them woman then makes the fire into a person - Thus Her problem.
    ... woman makes fire into a person. Ok yeah.

Its the same stupid and retarded argument - feel free to peddle it, but it remains a stupid argument.
    No it´s not. Until it is deemed a person it is just part of her body and she can do with it what ever she wants to do. Blame biology on that one.

I didn't - i said that if you don't want a kid, telling a person not to have sex is an equally applicable argument -
    It is, you can tell that to women too. Doesn´t change that women can also do with their body however they please. I know, i know, it´s so unfair, but then again, men carry very few risks during pregnancy.

No, its men have no options, and full liability.
    Men have the same options as biologically comparable to women as possible, namely to not have sex. Everything after that becomes unequal because of vastly different bodily functions, women endure pregnancy, men endure women who are pregnant. And after pregnancy, both share the same liability.

You may not have heard about this thing called, Liberalism? - Its about treating everyone equally and so, You may confuse it with "feminist liberalism" which treating women as good as men, and men worse than women.
    Child support, education, the draft, criminal law, civil law, family courts, pretty much always - For some reason, people seem utterly unable to notice it.
    Probably having to do with the second thing i listed.
    And what has this to do with pregnancy, bodily autonomy and everything we´ve been talking about?

You want to have an option for men that´s better than every option there is for women, how exactly is that treating everyone equally?

Deleted
    ... woman makes fire into a person. Ok yeah.
    To bad the analogy was to hard for you to follow.

No it´s not. Until it is deemed a person it is just part of her body and she can do with it what ever she wants to do. Blame biology on that one.
    That's the argument for abortion - having nothing to do with an opposing argument against it - given that we are evaluating the second argument, not the conclusion of the other argument.

It is, you can tell that to women too. Doesn´t change that women can also do with their body however they please.
    It seems you are just incapable of following basic logic and argument structure.

Men have the same options as biologically comparable to women as possible, namely to not have sex. Everything after that becomes unequal because of vastly different bodily functions, women endure pregnancy, men endure women who are pregnant. And after pregnancy, both share the same liability.
    I wonder if its worth dragging things up here, but its an equally equitable position to ban abortions for both gender as it is to allow them.
    You may want to look up the arguments for gay marriage.

And what has this to do with pregnancy, bodily autonomy and everything we´ve been talking about?
    I'm merely explaining why you think the warped way you do.
    You want to have an option for men that´s better than every option there is for women, how exactly is that treating everyone equally?
    How is the current position equitable? - and more importantly, that would actually make the position equitable, because both parties would have the same options - the male option is in no way better than the woman's, its strictly worse, as there is a position he can take, where he does not get what he wants, a position that is strictly impossible for women - All this would do, would make it so, that in one of those two instances, the woman assumes sole responsibility for her choice.
    Feel free to make a 2x2 matrix of the current positions, and then in the following scenario.
    Warning though, might cause you to change your mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if its worth dragging things up here, but its an equally equitable position to ban abortions for both gender as it is to allow them.
    You may want to look up the arguments for gay marriage.
    And back to bodily autonomy, i thought it wasn´t about that. You can´t ban abortions for both gender, because men can´t abort anything.

How is the current position equitable? - and more importantly, that would actually make the position equitable, because both parties would have the same options - the male option is in no way better than the woman's, its strictly worse, as there is a position he can take, where he does not get what he wants, a position that is strictly impossible for women - All this would do, would make it so, that in one of those two instances, the woman assumes sole responsibility for her choice.
    Feel free to make a 2x2 matrix of the current positions, and then in the following scenario.
    Warning though, might cause you to change your mind.
    It´s pretty simple to make the situation equitable. Decide beforehand. Not afterwards when things might change and you want to opt out of responsibility for your actions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    And how do you two get along? You obviously have a pecking order right? You're the fucking man in the house. And she has to lie in order to comfort you after a hard day at work "oh honey i've had such a hard day" "oh honey let me rub your back, i can understand you fully". After she sat her whole ass on the couch atleast half a day.

And that's the other reason why today's world is filled with idiots that have wierd views on women, men, pecking orders, being honest to the person they love and more. Because they are raised by people like you. Because Mr. limp dick pseudo-Alpha male prefers the fragile housewife. You couldn't handle a strong woman.
    You do not have kids or a wife do you?

Do you have any idea the amount of work, time and effort it takes raising children? Why would would I want my wife to go out and have to handle the pressures of a full time job and then come home and deal with that stress.

"Mr. limp dick psuedo-Alpha male? I laughed at this. I work my ass off to provide for my family. I come home and clean, do laundry, change diapers and help my wife. Its a team effort. I think your mindset is twisted and sad.

I am thankful my wife can do what she wants to do. If she wants to work she can. She came to me and wanted to raise the kids because she grew up in daycare and other family members houses and never spend any time with her mom growing up.

So please continue to think my mindset is messed up, as far as I am concerned I am doing what a man should do. Taking care of his family.
    Conan! What is best in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.