Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I'm sure he'll keep his word I'm just confused why Blizz will give a shit or even let him in the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    people are being delusional if they think he will be able to do anything meaningful. he hasn't worked for blizzard in 10 years.
    Sadly (in my opinion,) this is probably the case.

As much as I want a legacy server, I don't think this is really going to change anything, but I'd like to be proven wrong, of course.

I think Mark Kern knows Mike Morhaime personally, and that's why people believe he got a chance in it all. But even if that is the case, Mike Morhaime is not the final voice in it all. There's probably loads of discussions, data, figures and what not to be taken into consideration.

Doing something "wild and taking chances" is surely something a company can do, but, not on certain extents, that would be foolish. I don't think a petition like this will change anything.

It might make them have another discussion around their table, raise a few points... and that's it. They won't come to any different conclusion about this all at this point of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I can't speak for everyone who wants legacy servers, of course, but I think the overwhelming majority would respect it if they were upfront about it. As I said, hardly anyone bitched about dark souls 1 being a buggy mess on PC, the developers said it upfron and explained why it was so.
    I don't know of any other game where the community is so vocal with developers period. Much less that their opinions can and should influence design direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I don't know of any other game where the community is so vocal with developers period. Much less that their opinions can and should influence design direction.
    Any game with dev forums. So all popular MMO's since '05?
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracens View Post
    Any game with dev forums. So all popular MMO's since '05?
    Sounds like grounds to remove forums.

Sense of entitlement... GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Sounds like grounds to remove forums.

Sense of entitlement... GONE!
    I don't know if it'd be that easy. lol

That sense of entitlement comes from more than just the outlet that the game represents.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

"Entitlement", this thread's overused Buzzword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    You're still ignoring the begging question of how bringing legacy servers around would noticeably benefit the live retail game in any big way, shape, or form.
    It doesn't need to benefit the live retail game. It would benefit Blizzard by gaining them more subscriptions.

Why would you think legacy servers would have to benefit the current iteration of WoW? They'd be two completely separate things working independently.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "Entitlement", this thread's overused Buzzword.
    Overused?

This thread screams entitlement, what else do you want people to call it?

Blizzard shut down a private server that ran an old version of the game, and people demand Blizzard give them old version of the game to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It doesn't need to benefit the live retail game. It would benefit Blizzard by gaining them more subscriptions.

Why would you think legacy servers would have to benefit the current iteration of WoW? They'd be two completely separate things working independently.
    You think it would but you don't know it would. Nor do you know how long those subs would last or if the cost to create this would be offset by your supposed subs.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Well I like your computer/car/house and I don't care that it's yours nor do I feel the need to justify to you why I want it so I can just take it right? That's what you're basically saying.
    Terrible logic, theres a pretty big difference between stealing(by definition, taking one object and placing it elsewhere, removing the object from its original location) and _cloning_ something.

While you werent quoting me, you can clone my computer, car, and house anyday and enjoy my badass work i've applied to all 3 so far, aint hurting me one bit since i still got mine .

Deleted
    The petition is to demonstrate that there is a market for legacy servers and to try and reverse blizzards very condescending viewpoint of trying to dictate what their customers want rather than actually listening to them.

"Case in point: "You think you do... but you don't".

Because even a small redistributation of manpower could potentially end up resulting in something making it to the live game or not. Not saying it would necessarily "cost us a raid tier" to try to make it work, but it could cost a new feature, zone, or simply more cosmetic items because of the side project that would be legacy servers.

As much as I hate the idea of classic servers, I would like to have a server available without crz.

Considering WoW's biggest problem on retail has been content droughts, I kind of got the feeling it would benefit the live game just because less people would be quitting (once you get geared out on retail and seen everything, you wouldn't have to unsub). I think this is really the only type of tool that blizzard has that could actually work in those content droughts, as this is the 4th expansion we've seen in a row that has one, and it seems pretty obvious that despite removing raid tiers, nothing is being sped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Overused?

This thread screams entitlement, what else do you want people to call it?

Blizzard shut down a private server that ran an old version of the game, and people demand Blizzard give them old version of the game to play on.
    I don't think you know the meaning of the words Entitled and Demand...

Hint: "I want an ice-cream"; Is not me being entitled to, nor me demanding an ice-cream. It's a simple statement displaying a desire.

But I guess calling it with the right words wouldn't suit the agenda..
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2016-04-20 at 05:03 PM.

I hope the movie sucks, i hope legion sucks, and I hope Legacy is given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarian View Post
    Terrible logic, theres a pretty big difference between stealing(by definition, taking one object and placing it elsewhere, removing the object from its original location) and _cloning_ something.

While you werent quoting me, you can clone my computer, car, and house anyday and enjoy my badass work i've applied to all 3 so far, aint hurting me one bit since i still got mine .
    Except you are stealing it. Period. You are taking something that does not belong to you that you are not paying for. That is stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Considering WoW's biggest problem on retail has been content droughts, I kind of got the feeling it would benefit the live game just because less people would be quitting (once you get geared out on retail and seen everything, you wouldn't have to unsub). I think this is really the only type of tool that blizzard has that could actually work in those content droughts, as this is the 4th expansion we've seen in a row that has one, and it seems pretty obvious that despite removing raid tiers, nothing is being sped up.
    Says WoW's biggest problem is a content drought then says he wants to play on Legacy which has a permanent content drought. Sometimes I wonder about you people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I don't think you know the meaning of the words Entitled and Demand...

Hint: "I want an ice-cream"; Is not me being entitled to, nor me demanding an ice-cream. It's a simple statement displaying a desire.

But I guess calling it with the right words wouldn't suit the agenda..
    Perhaps YOU are not acting entitled but the vast majority of the posts in this thread from the pro-vanilla crowd are saying but we paid for it years ago so we deserve it! Which is being entitled. You do not equal everyone.

Says WoW's biggest problem is a content drought then says he wants to play on Legacy which has a permanent content drought. Sometimes I wonder about you people.
    Here's the problem with that, with private servers, there's no new content - besides of course the 5 raids being released and the fact that you have to do them all in order... get attunements.... hell even get a mostly BIS list before you see those raids (which involves crafting, pvping, and doing lots of 5 mans). Because of this, you got entertainment for a few years before you actually see Kel'thuzad dying in Naxx. Keep in mind during all of that time you probably got a full friends list of people.

With the retail servers, you can pretty much see the latest raid within a week of hitting max level. So from there you may hit it up a few more times, but not much is going to keep you staying (you probably didn't have to make any friends along the way to see that raid, so it's not like you are going to miss anything). From there you can hit up the raid some more to get gear you want, but after a few months you got all of that. Now why keep logging in?

Get it now?

Except you are stealing it. Period. You are taking something that does not belong to you that you are not paying for. That is stealing.
    Who cares. Really, who cares. You say that like its some big bad thing. "Stealing" something in terms of playing a video game you previously purchased on an alternative/free service is about as badass as going 61 in a 60.

Actually no its more like going 60.1 in a 60. Its such a non factor its hardly worth even mentioning.