10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    Oh, gotcha. I usually wait for the datamining. There could be something small in there. I'll take anything at this point.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand nope. Nothing. Not even a typo fix or a clarification.

It's not only IP that is bugged our FR costs 6 rage and gives 0 damage (inc) according to new tooltip that pops up.

On the fair note, our range on Neltharion Fury was quite increased. It seems like the range mentioned by Clutch on wow forums to be about Shockwave one. It does seems to be nice, although maybe its another bug. There are quite a few changes in tooltips but nothing major...

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    i imagine macros to intercept targetoftarget/nearestally/theothertank will become popular :P

Though i'm in two minds about intervening the other tank. we get that artifact trait that lets us take 3 hits at 20% off for them, which could help with rage when offtanking and could fill gaps in their mitigation uptime, but on the other hand those hits will probably apply any debuffs the boss has to us.
    You have to remember though that they changed it to have a minimum range on intercepting an ally as well. You can't do it to someone right next to you. Not just an enemy.

A lot of people are saying rage is calculated before absorb, dodge, parry, block and shields but did anyone actually test it ? Because from my experience in dungeons and raids I had times when I was not generating much rage and I was actively tanking.

If the formula says "damage taken" I would assume it is the actual damage taken mitigation excluded.
    Regardless, with the way it scales with max health it means the more gear we get the less rage we generate. Exactly the opposite of what it is now on live.
    Focused rage with the current system doesn't make much sense as you usually spam heroic strike more as you overgear the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    A lot of people are saying rage is calculated before absorb, dodge, parry, block and shields but did anyone actually test it ? Because from my experience in dungeons and raids I had times when I was not generating much rage and I was actively tanking.

If the formula says "damage taken" I would assume it is the actual damage taken mitigation excluded.
    Regardless, with the way it scales with max health it means the more gear we get the less rage we generate. Exactly the opposite of what it is now on live.
    Focused rage with the current system doesn't make much sense as you usually spam heroic strike more as you overgear the fight.
    It's more a assumption on my part at least. Based on how vengeance and resolve work that way, and why they made them work that way to prevent getting less with more gear.

Then again rage from damage taken was thrown out for similar reasons so who knows.

i dont know much about the wow code but it says "damagetaken/maxhealth" in the formula someone posted, which at first glance suggest its after mitigation. but i dont know what words are used for the vengeance/resolve calculation so. But presumably it is before absorbs or else that would really mess with ignore pain.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-15 at 03:33 PM.

It's a little backwards how taking Indomitable also drops your rage regen from damage by 20%
    Now you still get some rage from slam and revenge, but in high damage phase it would be interesting to compare how much less you'd generate due to the extra health...
    I honestly don't get what was so bad about IP being tied to health either, why would we even want more health at this point?

You could argue you want to drop your health as low as possible now, unless massive burst is a part of the encounter.

Just to shed some light on how massive a difference it is, having a million health means you have to take 800,000 damage to generate 40 rage for a single IP.
    50*800,000/1,000,000=40

Cutting your health is half means you'd only have to take 400,000(half again) to generate the same ammount of rage.

In this scenario, lets say IP absrobs 250k, as it no longer scales with health at all.

With 1,000,000 health that means you'd mitigate roughly 31% of the damage taken, through IP.
    With 500,000 health you'd mitigate close to 62% of the damage taken.

Add the bits of rage from other sources and you're looking at some impressive mitigation, mostly thanks to a low health pool.
    There's honestly no upside to running stamina trinkets unless you're afraid of being one shot.

Ip scaling with health however would give value to stamina, and balance out an scaling issue, as more health might mean less rage, but your IP's will be more powerful in return.
    That said the most positve change here is just to drop rage from damage taken all together and now have to have a work around...but I doubt that, as they haven't given us much attention outside of minor changes and tuning. Meanwhile Blood knight are looking like a new class every build.

Quote Originally Posted by Neehs View Post
    It's a little backwards how taking Indomitable also drops your rage regen from damage by 20%
    Now you still get some rage from slam and revenge, but in high damage phase it would be interesting to compare how much less you'd generate due to the extra health...
    I honestly don't get what was so bad about IP being tied to health either, why would we even want more health at this point?

You could argue you want to drop your health as low as possible now, unless massive burst is a part of the encounter.

Just to shed some light on how massive a difference it is, having a million health means you have to take 800,000 damage to generate 40 rage for a single IP.
    50*800,000/1,000,000=40

Cutting your health is half means you'd only have to take 400,000(half again) to generate the same ammount of rage.

In this scenario, lets say IP absrobs 250k, as it no longer scales with health at all.

With 1,000,000 health that means you'd mitigate roughly 31% of the damage taken, through IP.
    With 500,000 health you'd mitigate close to 62% of the damage taken.

Add the bits of rage from other sources and you're looking at some impressive mitigation, mostly thanks to a low health pool.
    There's honestly no upside to running stamina trinkets unless you're afraid of being one shot.

Ip scaling with health however would give value to stamina, and balance out an scaling issue, as more health might mean less rage, but your IP's will be more powerful in return.
    That said the most positve change here is just to drop rage from damage taken all together and now have to have a work around...but I doubt that, as they haven't given us much attention outside of minor changes and tuning. Meanwhile Blood knight are looking like a new class every build.
    Post this here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743064194

- - - Updated - - -

Soon, in legion raiding:

Raid Leader: hey, beardy, I'm looking at the logs, and you're taking WAY more damage than anyone else from the fire. Are you just standing in it on purpose??!!

Me: Yup, need rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    No access, but if someone feels the same way, just shorten it, get the point across and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neehs View Post
    No access, but if someone feels the same way, just shorten it, get the point across and post it.
    All done in it's original form as it's way better to have a whole picture of someone feelings about Alpha.

Did some very rough testing during tonights raid testing.

On average,

With Indom, 36m dmg taken, 402 rage gained from "Defensive stance"
    Without Indom, 33m taken, 498 rage gained from "Defensive stance"

And the majority of my rage was from damage. Even if it was 50/50, it's still over 10% less rage regn overall..

Great formula indeed..

The new raid test was today and as usual I did that with a druid tank. It seems like his HP wasn't really moving but overall he took way more damage then I did. The whole test was with full artifact traits so that might have helped him as our (one major) is just completely pointless. I can barely fit much SS/Rev's during that timer (Might of the Vyrkul).

I just felt sometimes slightly starving with rage thought, lacking that extra IP to push during running out of pool/solace. Would have to really watch some DK's/Pally's to compare how really we are looking right now. Does anyone had a chance to compare us to the following?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/all/11/all

These are all the logs taken yesterday evening if you want to take a look and compare.

These are all the logs taken yesterday evening if you want to take a look and compare.
    I noticed this prot named Dogshep has shield slam and devastate at 50% crit chance. And its not even best gear. With pvp talent devastate will have over 80% crit chance. With sword and board that would be sick refresh rate on Shield Slam

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, so why does page60 revert back to page59?

Maybe its just a bug and you need one more post to access it?

Edit: guess I was wrong :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordekae View Post
    OK, so why does page60 revert back to page59?
    blizz finally gave us interdimensional charge allowing us to travel back in time.

(i think the real bug is that it shouldnt go to page 60 untill 1181 post, or maybe someone has deleted old posts and thats messing it up, forum page says this has 1185 posts but mine is only 1177)
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-20 at 05:15 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This post won't make it to page 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Thanks! I will compare that tonight after quick Manno/Archi mount run. I felt quite strong there, but if I wasn't too distracted I thought I saw (or more accurately - haven't seen it moving) druid hp bar standing still for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    This post won't make it to page 60.
    Is this an observation or a prediction?