Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've seen her twice in ranked matches last night, and she doesn't seem to make any impact on a TF. Not once was there an occasion where I thought 'hell yea Tracer joined the fight'. Infact I barely notice her in it at all compared to the other usual assassins.
    She looks fun although I'm not regretting spending my gold elsewhere than on her when she becomes available...
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-04-20 at 03:16 PM.

Personally I like taking characters who have a chance of doing merc camps, even if you are low on health you can at least do it when you feel the need. I barely survived 1 ogre out of 2 with tracer.

As far as natural counters I don't count Butcher, if you have to use an ultimate to deal with someone then they can't reliably be called a counter.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Personally I like taking characters who have a chance of doing merc camps, even if you are low on health you can at least do it when you feel the need. I barely survived 1 ogre out of 2 with tracer.

As far as natural counters I don't count Butcher, if you have to use an ultimate to deal with someone then they can't reliably be called a counter.
    Guaranteed kills are always worth an ult.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Guaranteed kills are always worth an ult.
    Not saying using an alt to get a gauranteed kill isn't worth an ult, just saying if you have to rely on an ult, which shows up halfway through the game and has a long cooldown then it isn't really a tracer counter. Having a baseline stun ability with quick recharge is a great tracer counter, something you can rely on frequently through the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what is weird if you are use to playing overwatch tracer is that you can stand still a while and still reverse to a previous position but I noticed in hots if you stand still for 3 seconds and rewind you will end up in the same spot.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-04-20 at 04:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tried her, loved it, totally suck at it though. This is like the noob trap of all noob traps. Most fun looking and sounding character, high skill cap to not just be an autoattack limited, feed machine. I don't know that I'll continue playing her, which is a shame. I mean it's cool that different characters are for different skill sets, but man I wanted to be good with her and she makes my mediocrity look like dismal failure.

Part of it is I just cannot get her mechanics down of moving and firing. Sometimes I click and she just stands there, sometimes when I use the attack command she just keeps running into her doom...then like 10% of the time I can actually get her to shoot while strafing and running backwards. It looks so awesome, but I feel like my uptime is ~5% and I hit like packing peanuts.

I guess I'll stick to enjoying her skill set in overwatch, where it looks more fluid and easy to grasp.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Been trying her out in Try mode as I can't play her yet.

It seems she has the highest possible DPS in an ideal situation, when I picked Locked and Loaded and stacked Untouchable, I was doing over 750+ DPS without using melee and Pulse Bomb. I don't remember other heroes having that high DPS, most of them have ranging from 580 to 680 DPS. Correct me if I am wrong.

Now I know DPS is not the most important factor, but I see a lot of people complaining about her low damage. To me it seems more than okay considering how easily she can stick to targets. I was shocked with how much damage she can unleash if played to a max potential.

I like how there are high skill talents, I think this is a hero people have been asking for. There are a ton of ways to show your skill when playing Tracer.

Best build of her so far I could manage to pick off:

http://www.heroesnexus.com/builds/11...al-build-rank1

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Best build of her so far I could manage to pick off:

http://www.heroesnexus.com/builds/11...al-build-rank1
    That is the best general use spec. if you can get Locked and Loaded right. Not everyone can give tracer the D every 3-4 seconds.

There are some other builds that are enemy composition specific.

I managed to hit an Illidan mid-Hunt with a Pulse Bomb.

Deleted
    Takes 3 globals to blow her up as nova. Even easier to snipe than Li Ming and Kaelthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Takes 3 globals to blow her up as nova. Even easier to snipe than Li Ming and Kaelthas.
    If she's standing around letting herself get shot with her toolkit, she deserves to get blown up

This hero combined with Tassadar is fucking cancer. They're both unkillable. Tracer literally becomes more durable than a tank with Tassadar shields and her own leech talents.

ive noticed the same with Abathur Hats on her.

Best counter so far is Raynor, she can't go into his vicinity at all.

Just experimented and tracer can solo boss, blow off a clip in its face and then blink backwards, repeat. Its not fast, but it can be done. You will need attacks speed up blink recharge talent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    my whole problem with this champion or just the character in general, it that it sounds like blizzard had an american do a terribly australian/cockney accent instead of paying someone to come in and do the voice overs. her voice makes me cringe especially when she pronounces some words.
    Trust me when I say it's as far from Australian as Russian is to Portuguese.

I don't get how people think we sound like that.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Yes, but if you think that is bad I have heard rumor that like other women characters, Tracer has a butt.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yes, but if you think that is bad I have heard rumor that like other women characters, Tracer has a butt.
    You know the pose they replaced it with shows off her ass too, right? And is, just in general, a much better pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    I know this is PROBABLY a dumb question to which the answer is "no", but I want to double check anyway:

If Abathur clones Tracer, does he get Pulse Bomb?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I little disappointed one of her abilities is literally just a melee attack called "Melee". Other than that though, she looks pretty fun to play and aggravating to play against.
    I think they were trying to mimic OW, in which she has it's just a generic Melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    I've seen her twice in ranked matches last night, and she doesn't seem to make any impact on a TF. Not once was there an occasion where I thought 'hell yea Tracer joined the fight'. Infact I barely notice her in it at all compared to the other usual assassins.
    She looks fun although I'm not regretting spending my gold elsewhere than on her when she becomes available...
    She's not really a TF impact character, she mostly chases down squishies who just can't do anything about her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Tried her, loved it, totally suck at it though. This is like the noob trap of all noob traps. Most fun looking and sounding character, high skill cap to not just be an autoattack limited, feed machine.
    Exact description of how she is in OW too :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    my whole problem with this champion or just the character in general, it that it sounds like blizzard had an american do a terribly australian/cockney accent instead of paying someone to come in and do the voice overs. her voice makes me cringe especially when she pronounces some words.
    All the OW heroes have cartoonish accents.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Australian accent is a mutant cockney, Tracer's is an exaggerated cockney. But yeah, doesn't actually sound similar at all.

Tracer is to actual English people as Groundskeeper Willie is to Scots.

For that matter, the Dwarf "Scottish" accents in Warcraft and Hearthstone are waaaaaaay off, nobody ever complains about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.