Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Not that I don't believe you, OP. But I'd like some visual evidence, enough people saying random stuff on these forums that turn out to be false.

But if it is: F***... I dont like it AT ALL!
    I am pretty sure it's either bs or a misunderstanding

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    I never said that - but the fact remains.

IF GEAR IS EVER PLENTIFUL - IT WILL NOT BE A GRATIFYING REWARD.

Do you not agree? That's what we're talking about here, not about how many weeks to be full mythic, or w/e the fuck argument you're making.

You also forget that bosses in mythic drop 100 pieces of loot, so you have about 50 less clears you need to do to get the gear you want - AKA- you get bored faster because you don't need to do anything else in the game to get more gear.

The game is based off of the fact that gear is the reward, it always has been. When you fuck with that paradigm, the entire reward system shifts and right now the way the game works you walk out of your garrison and BAM instant 700ilvl.

Where's the satisfaction there? You have nothing left to play for...especially since you don't actually raid.
    I would contest that isn't really the case anymore. It used to be, solely due to the fact that there was literally nothing else to do - achievements, titles, mounts, weapon / armor transmogs, pets, etc are all viable rewards now.

You're also operating under the assumption that people are playing the game exclusively for satisfying power development for their character. Believe it or not, some people actually play the game for fun. Enjoyment. You know - video game. People want meaningful content to do outside of 2-4 hour scheduled commitments.

With the current reward structure players with less playtime, or those who join the current expansion / patch cycle late, are at a significant disadvantage when trying to jump into group content (read: lol not 715 fuck off). Right now, the only way to get gear for group content, is to run group content. It's not healthy for the game when the social element has a barrier-to-entry. You wind up with people exclusively running LFR/LFG, and waiting around their garrison for stuff to happen.

Gear will always be a valuable reward for those who actually seek BIS and to optimize for top tier content. The only way this stops being the case is if they're able to hit optimal gear level. We'll run the math.

Assuming that this 14 player group is an accurate sample size (lol), we're looking at a 14.29% chance, per week, to get a piece of mythic quality gear. This assumes that 'epic' world quests are on a weekly cool down, which is a reasonable assumption given the current bit of information.

Sure, it's entirely possible that a player goes on a fourteen week string of mythic drops. There is a 0.000000000001481% chance of this happening.
    It's also possible that each week yields a completely different piece, and on week 14, they're fully geared. There is, however, a 0.000000000000011381% of this actually happening.

When we start targeting BIS, we need to compound different percentages for different random loot rolls (if those even exist), and I don't have to run the math to tell you that this number is incredibly tiny, to the point where there probably won't be a single player who encounters it.

All this does is add another avenue for players to supplement poor raid luck, or keep up with the rest of the server. Also allows players to have fun outside of committing to raid content.

The likelihood of players completely negating the gear progression path through luck is immensely small. There will always be a reason to run raids for reliable, consistent gear. The carrot will still be on the stick, I assure you.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2016-04-20 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Clarity, expansion.

Deleted
    Tbh I don't think this is all that bad, mythic raiders don't really care if someone else can get mythic gear as long as it's not set pieces (or look-a-likes for that matter) or trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    Tbh I don't think this is all that bad, mythic raiders don't really care if someone else can get mythic gear as long as it's not set pieces (or look-a-likes for that matter) or trinkets.
    Yep. 100% sure that these people will still do garbage damage and be bad at their class like most LFR participants.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    Aye.

The oversaturation of loot is one of their biggest issues if not actually the biggest issue in Alpha right now, next to their terrible segmentation design.
    @Dracodraco, wow man, 1st world problems yo .

Personally I loved Galleon and I was as competitive as you back then but never really saw it as a serious, and I mean a really serious issue if I didn't get it.
    It was a great alternative, much better than not having anything as such at all.

Regarding oversaturation though, keep in mind, that they aren't going to put your entire loot table on the outside world elements, I'm more than sure of that. Something that is absolute BiS will always be in the raids. But regarding loot in general, the amount of stuff that drops from these outdoor activities, definately needs to be reduced in my opinion. Because being showered with stuff over and over, even if sharded, it just devalues everything in relation to gear.
    The oversaturation of loot has been WoW's problem since gear started to become extremely simple to obtain and that was back.. what.. TBC? I can't remember. WoW Vanilla was great because of the loot system. Shit was rare, and if you saw lets say a Mage with T2 helm or armor, it was rare. You didn't see 109823901831823 people with it how you see now. Now, loot is a dime a dozen and purples don't mean shit anymore and have really no value to them in terms of rarity.

What I am more interested in though for this expansion are the Legendaries that will be dropping, similar to that of Diablo's system. I haven't looked much into it yet on Alpha but do Legendaries have a chance to drop off random mobs and/or are they from specific areas like dungeons or what not? The Legendary system is kind of exciting to me because those will be rare which will bring back that feeling of acquiring something that's somewhat rare.

So I can go and auto attack this "world boss" and receive the best gear in the game. Sounds like a very good and exciting game to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Was in a world quest where the base drop was a normal raid drop. We cleared it with 14 people gathered in the zone. Mobs where about as strong as raid trash.

Break down of loot was

2 mythic ilv
    1 heroic ilv
    11 normal raid ilv.

Don't currently know if the class hall upgrades effect ilv of mythic drops or the spawn rates of quests like this but I figured this is the kind of things people want to know about world quests. The quest itself seems like you could do it with just a tank and healer though the more dps you throw at it the easier/quicker it goes.
    yay. end game gear for non raiders. this is what they wanted. go blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Yep. 100% sure that these people will still do garbage damage and be bad at their class like most LFR participants.
    Hell. I have outperfomed fully mythic geared paladin tanks and I have zero mythic gear. So it is not just LFR Heroes that choose not to perform to the level of their gear.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Not that I don't believe you, OP. But I'd like some visual evidence, enough people saying random stuff on these forums that turn out to be false.

But if it is: F***... I dont like it AT ALL!
    http://i.imgur.com/G7Lw7Pe.png?1

Unfortunately died in the crypt and turns out the ghost point is on the main island so thats all i got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yay. end game gear for non raiders. this is what they wanted. go blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell. I have outperfomed fully mythic geared paladin tanks and I have zero mythic gear. So it is not just LFR Heroes that choose not to perform to the level of their gear.
    Yeah, sure. Totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    --snip--
    That's a world boss, even shows in the journal, thank god world bosses are giving raid loot again (btw 850 appears to be normal nightmare loot)

Deleted
    It says 850+ so mythic level is feasible. My question is are those items direct drops from raids too or separate new items?

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    It says 850+ so mythic level is feasible. My question is are those items direct drops from raids too or separate new items?
    Full item lists aren't out yet, so who know's, they'll probably follow kazzak and make it new gear with similar looks or something. But mythic is feasible ya, how often do you see a 725 item in a mythic dungeon though? probably tuned that way where it is very very seldom

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's a world boss, even shows in the journal, thank god world bosses are giving raid loot again (btw 850 appears to be normal nightmare loot)
    The only raid bosses in draenor that gave sub raid ilvl loot were the gorgrond duo. Ruhkmar dropped loot higher than Highmaul itemlevel, and Kazzak drops items at normal archimonde level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Was in a world quest where the base drop was a normal raid drop. We cleared it with 14 people gathered in the zone. Mobs where about as strong as raid trash.

Break down of loot was

2 mythic ilv
    1 heroic ilv
    11 normal raid ilv.

Don't currently know if the class hall upgrades effect ilv of mythic drops or the spawn rates of quests like this but I figured this is the kind of things people want to know about world quests. The quest itself seems like you could do it with just a tank and healer though the more dps you throw at it the easier/quicker it goes.
    Thank you so much for sharing this bro.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    The only raid bosses in draenor that gave sub raid ilvl loot were the gorgrond duo. Ruhkmar dropped loot higher than Highmaul itemlevel, and Kazzak drops items at normal archimonde level.
    Kazzak was the only one worth it, Ruhkmar dropped higher than HM lfr true, but it released with BRF so it was already useless to kill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, in Legion, World Bosses are World Quests...
    Theres alot of World Bosses too, like 8 of them which is a good thing.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2016-04-20 at 07:02 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Do people still care about gear in WoW as a way to progress....

Seriously come on. Gear is only good to speed up grinds, but meh Ilvl 700 now days clear all grinds fast.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    This actually would be a paradigm change.

Just wait for the first organized raiders complaining on official forums that other people may get their loot..

Up to now, blizzard listened to those.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Kazzak was the only one worth it, Ruhkmar dropped higher than HM lfr true, but it released with BRF so it was already useless to kill
    Does that change the point at all? World bosses were useless for my at all points, but if you were in the process of gearing up and you'd snub viable upgrades, well I guess it would explain the wow casual mentality a lot tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    All I can think of that is "IS GALLEON UP?" "IS GALLEON UP?" "DUDES STOP PROGRESSING THE BOSS GALLEON IS UP WE GOTTA GET THERE BEFORE THE PLEBS KILLS IT COS IT DROPS BETTER GEAR THAN WHAT WE CAN GET FROM MSV" "OH YOU WEREN'T PLAYING FRIDAY NIGHT? LOL YOU MISSED GALLEON SPAWN GL TRY IN A FEW DAYS MATE".
    Please tell me it's not going to be like that. I have not tested the alpha. So please tell me it's not galleon v2.
    When the BIS and only ring drop came from Galleon, the other available ring being the sub-optimal Klaxxi Exalted reward... Had to wait until new raids opened to actually get a ring because alliance dominated our server and camped it hard. Terrible times, I quit WoW during that tier and didn't come back until the end of MOP.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4