Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Guess we can also thank the folks at MMO-CHAMPION for allowing this thread to exist even though it breaks many forum rules, all for the sake of website hits (er I mean because it was "news").

Without whom the link to said petition may never have been seen. Good job team!
    Can we do one of those baseball line ups and high five each other as we pass and go "Good Game"?

Quote Originally Posted by ohgoditsjames View Post
    If we get a no we shall just continue playing on private servers and Blizzars can continue wasting their time trying to shut private servers down
    You gotta keep in mind, Nost was shut down beacuse Blizzard asked them to. They could of sued their asses off.
    Next time they shut down a Private, they wont go as easy, just to show a standpoint. so next owner who gets caught will prob have to end up in court. And i highly doubt someone else will happily take over after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

If we get a no we shall just continue playing on private servers and Blizzars can continue wasting their time trying to shut private servers down
    Heh whatever floats your boat. Keep running that risk of losing everything if you want. More power to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    You gotta keep in mind, Nost was shut down beacuse Blizzard asked them to. They could of sued their asses off.
    Next time they shut down a Private, they wont go as easy, just to show a standpoint. so next owner who gets caught will prob have to end up in court. And i highly doubt someone else will happily take over after that.
    Good luck to them when the servers are in Russian or any of the Baltic States.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanius View Post
    I challange them to say we WONT give you VANILLA .... and when LEGION hit they will have problems with massive DDOS attacks xD ... no Legion till November :P :P

you dont want 200k people unhappy and in rage they saw now how ddos looks like and just wait when other people will try to login in as well
    So if you don't get what you want you suggest DDOSing them until you get what you want? Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I don't think you know the meaning of the words Entitled and Demand...

Hint: "I want an ice-cream"; Is not me being entitled to, nor me demanding an ice-cream. It's a simple statement displaying a desire.

But I guess calling it with the right words wouldn't suit the agenda..
    The demand has been there, Blizzard continually say no, now people are claiming they have the right to play that part of the game, is that not entitlement?

Deleted
    not me but you have some people that will do things like that and then we all eat s*hit

Im neutral in this war... i want vaniila so i could spend some time there as well... playing current patches take 1 - 2 months then 2 months breaks in betwenn

Good luck to them when the servers are in Russian or any of the Baltic States.
    They've managed before with botting programs etc, i see no reason they can work a way around it for this as well.
    Blizzard has topnotch lawyers, not some people who sits on MMO-champ pretending to know how laws work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Can we do one of those baseball line ups and high five each other as we pass and go "Good Game"?
    Only if the hand goes full circle and claps the butt at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    This could work the other way around as well though. No matter how much we say we really want to play the older expansions agian, Blizzard tells us that we might think we do, but we don't... ))
    It's their IP, it's their property. You can pirate and steal and they'll take it down. Their IP, their rules. lol.

Only if the hand goes full circle and claps the butt at the end.
    Yeah I'm not getting in that line, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, they did. They took money and used said money to pay for the servers instead of paying them themselves. They used that money to cover the financial loss caused by having to pay for those servers. Saying "the money was used to pay the servers" doesn't excuse them. They still took money for their expenses.
    The money was sent directly to the server hosting company, and no one affiliated with the server made any money off of the project. If you think anyone in that team was there for profits and to rip off wow's old code for the sake of money you are delusional.

So if you don't get what you want you suggest DDOSing them until you get what you want? Classy.
    Like a kid in a toy department... Kind of funny if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    The money was sent directly to the server hosting company, and no one affiliated with the server made any money off of the project. If you think anyone in that team was there for profits and to rip off wow's old code for the sake of money you are delusional.
    You are missing the point, Wouldnt matter if the money went to servers, icecream or hell even the Red Cross.

THEY GAINED PROFIT from blizzards IP. period. nothing else to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not getting in that line, thanks.
    But it was your idea. Nerds are so homophobic... be comfortable with your sexuality.

hope they add vanilla servers, further splitting a already dwindling player base

it's going to be hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    They had 2 different donations. Earlier on they took the donations directly and used that to pay the server host. Later on they changed that and had the donation go directly to the server host. It was linked WAY early on in this thread. Either way they STILL made money and used it to pay for the server hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanius View Post
    I challange them to say we WONT give you VANILLA .... and when LEGION hit they will have problems with massive DDOS attacks xD ... no Legion till November :P :P

you dont want 200k people unhappy and in rage they saw now how ddos looks like and just wait when other people will try to login in as well
    WoD was a fucking tragedy and now we have Legion, if legion fails (which I doubt) they will just try again, anyways enjoy your vanilla server...oh wait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    hope they add vanilla servers, further splitting a already dwindling player base

it's going to be hilarious
    You can't split a community that doesn't exist. The majority of the people that want Legacy servers haven't played retail for years anyway.

But it was your idea. Nerds are so homophobic... be comfortable with your sexuality.
    Haha it isn't being homophobic, I just don't want my ass getting slapped on or slapping anyone else's ass. You know where those asses may have been?