7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Except the luls have never been this extreme, Over half the playerbase leaving in WoD was NOT a natural thing (Hint, There was still content when people were unsubscribing).

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't really, They were mechanics which made fights harder and things you interacted with in the raid instance, Not a menu.

They were far more immersive and gave reason as to why the fights suddenly became harder.

188,627 as of this moment, Which is quite a substantial number.

To put that into perspective the dailymail recently ran a petition to stop spending a fixed 0.7% on foreign aid in the UK which was advertised on their website for all the public to see, That has 226,700 signatures as of right now and was the fastest signed petition ran by a newspaper here or something(Parliament will now debate the petition on the 13th june)

Almost 200k for a minority of players of an online video game is a fair amount when you compare it to the success of all the other petitions
    yes but much less people who care about the daily mail know how easy it is to bot change.org... i just using keyboard macros... can set up a bot for it, switching 1 letter each time... so... yeah thing is it may say "200k" but really its mabye 80k, people and 120k worth of bots cause about 10% actually leave comments... and alot of those comments just simpley say "i support what this supports" and "i want what this wants" and "i love this" cause change.org bots are a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE LEGION LMAO View Post
    I think you need to go back to school because if you think WoW still has 5,000,000 subs you are beyond delusional. I mean it is 4/20 maybe you are high? LOL

You don't even know what a community is. It's so sad.
    Ok

Wow sub numbers: Roughly 2.5 mil
    Nost sub numbers: 150k
    Better?

And not knowing what a community is? What is standing around in Ironforge or Orgrimmar spamming trade chat waiting for a tank or healer a community? Flying to a dungeon on flight paths and having someone leave so you have to go back and recruit someone else "community"?

Yeah sorry that isn't community. You think guilds on Nost didn't have Vent and hardly typed in game once they had that up and running? Puhlease.

You guys oversell Nost and make it sound like some Utopia. Explain losing 82% of your players on a FREE game then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    WoD was a fucking tragedy and now we have Legion, if legion fails (which I doubt) they will just try again, anyways enjoy your vanilla server...oh wait
    Or if Legion kicks ass they have to swallow their pride and come back to play it. Or they can keep huddling around Vanilla hoping one day they see new content. Fun times. Let's go kill Ony again! YAY!

Meanwhile I'll be doing some Mythic+ dungeons and having a good time. Community and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    The money was sent directly to the server hosting company, and no one affiliated with the server made any money off of the project.
    It doesn't matter. They were using money acquired through the illegal use of a stolen product to off-set their own expenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Haha it isn't being homophobic, I just don't want my ass getting slapped on or slapping anyone else's ass. You know where those asses may have been?
    In my chair... at work... all morning. Needs some action!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.pcinvasion.com/ex-world-o...izzard-vanilla

Could not have said it better myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhai...raft-community

Petition is over 201k Signatures! New goal: 300k!

Let's do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Could not have said it better myself.
    Oh boy a link to that thing again. Prolly the 30th time it has been posted.

I think you need to go back to school because if you think WoW still has 5,000,000 subs you are beyond delusional. I mean it is 4/20 maybe you are high? LOL

You don't even know what a community is. It's so sad.
    This had me laughing too, WoW still having 5 million subs? Lmao, they've been on the same damn patch with no new shit for 10 months and blizz has stated there will be 4 more months of it. Home boy probably thinks Enron is still a successful company.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and clearly never played on Nost. Just a random retail player with no clue about anything. Move along.
    *pats you on the head* Aww aren't you precious. You couldn't argue the 82% of people dropping on a Free game that was piggybacking on Wow's history. No clue? Pfft hahaha.

Deleted
    Ok

Better?

And not knowing what a community is? What is standing around in Ironforge or Orgrimmar spamming trade chat waiting for a tank or healer a community? Flying to a dungeon on flight paths and having someone leave so you have to go back and recruit someone else "community"?

Yeah sorry that isn't community. You think guilds on Nost didn't have Vent and hardly typed in game once they had that up and running? Puhlease.

You guys oversell Nost and make it sound like some Utopia. Explain losing 82% of your players on a FREE game then.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if Legion kicks ass they have to swallow their pride and come back to play it. Or they can keep huddling around Vanilla hoping one day they see new content. Fun times. Let's go kill Ony again! YAY!

Meanwhile I'll be doing some Mythic+ dungeons and having a good time. Community and all that.
    The 150k active figure comes from a 10 day window, so it doesn't take into account any that might have been very active before those 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    This had me laughing too, WoW still having 5 million subs? Lmao, they've been on the same damn patch with no new shit for 10 months and blizz has stated there will be 4 more months of it. Home boy probably thinks Enron is still a successful company.
    Hey you think Vanilla would have new content? Oh wait it never would. GG. At least my server didn't get shut down. Yawn.

Yeah, its a crazy thing, but the threat of "inconvenience" was present in such a way that it fostered more and better communication between players. TBH this has been explained enough times in this thread, that boiling down the sense of community to "sitting in trade for 2 hours trying to find a group" is just being willfully ignorant at this stage.

Having an in-game incentive to form social bonds with other players, means that players form more social bonds with other players. It's really not complex stuff. Dungeons weren't the only thing that required a group, and nearly every stage of questing after Northshire/Respectivezones is easier when done with someone, if not more.

And that doesn't even TOUCH on world PvP, having a quest mob not respawn for 10 minutes means that there is an incentive to fight over it, let alone the "grudges" left from soulless ganking and the KOS attitudes that breeds. Having a friends with you becomes almost imperative. Unless you like ghost running.

But no you're right, really the community only formed once they announced it was being closed so they could make videos infront of Ironforge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ohgoditsjames View Post
    The 150k active figure comes from a 10 day window, so it doesn't take into account any that might have been very active before those 10 days.
    Of course that is assuming the Nost team was legit on their numbers which could be a bald faced lie. Shocking. Hell I don't care if it is 850k nost subs. It is still free and they had a 82% leave rate on a free game piggybacking on WoW's supposed best times ever.

- - - Updated - - -

He says this while Warlords has the largest subscriber drop in history. Your delusion is adorable to witness. The amount of stockholm syndrome you have toward a corporation is truly breathtaking.

Also this. That guy is so clueless.
    Largest sub drop ever and STILL the largest MMO around with a new expansion in 4 months. Somehow I think we'll make it and be just fine. Go run off and play Nos...oh...you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wake me up when online petitions actually do change business' minds.
    Just look at all the things the vocal crowd have changed in WoW and there weren't even petitions, Flying is probably the most notable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Ok

Better?

- - - Updated - - -

First you explain.
    1. WoW losing 95% of its players at a minimum.
    2. In those 100sth millions counting all accounts created (even trial accounts).
    3. Losing 70% of those trial accounts before they hit level 10.
    And that's in a period (3.3) that WoW still had a semblance of mmorpg spirit left.

Average F2P mmo retention at the year mark being 6%.
    And that's counted with a 30-day rolling average not a 10-day like Nostalrius.

So by all accounts, Nostalrius had a stellar performance judging by actual comparative metrics and not in a void.
    And that's for a "word of mouth" advertised server (before this whole debacle) carrying the stigma and inherent insecurity any private server carries for a lot of people.

You're not proving what you think you are, not even close... I'm almost embarrassed for you.

Hey you think Vanilla would have new content? Oh wait it never would. GG. At least my server didn't get shut down. Yawn.
    Here's the difference though, on Nost, it takes years to see all the content, on retail you can see it all in about a week. If you want to see the harder raids, tack on a few months. Yeah legion will come out and after a month, when you've seen everything again, you'll be hanging out in that Garrison 2.0 aka class hall queue'd up for shit. While you're in that queue with your army of npc's, I'll be actually traveling to my dungeon with an army of players:

If you want your legacy servers your going to have to fight for it more than just posting on some forum on MMO Champ, make some noise at blizzcon, send emails to support services, make youtube videos, anything is more visible to blizz than this forum post

Hell even making rule 34 parody will be seen by the devs having a wank at some point

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yeah, its a crazy thing, but the threat of "inconvenience" was present in such a way that it fostered more and better communication between players. TBH this has been explained enough times in this thread, that boiling down the sense of community to "sitting in trade for 2 hours trying to find a group" is just being willfully ignorant at this stage.

Having an in-game incentive to form social bonds with other players, means that players form more social bonds with other players. It's really not complex stuff. Dungeons weren't the only thing that required a group, and nearly every stage of questing after Northshire/Respectivezones is easier when done with someone, if not more.

And that doesn't even TOUCH on world PvP, having a quest mob not respawn for 10 minutes means that there is an incentive to fight over it, let alone the "grudges" left from soulless ganking and the KOS attitudes that breeds. Having a friends with you becomes almost imperative. Unless you like ghost running.

But no you're right, really the community only formed once they announced it was being closed so they could make videos infront of Ironforge.
    Willfully ignorant? Dude I PLAYED in Vanilla I know how fucking boring sitting in trade finding people was. It didn't build community. It just built a lot of frustration forming the group, heading there only to have someone leave or go LD and then having to get more people. Back then you dealt with it because that is what you had but that shit wouldn't fly today.

I'm happy that Nost had a community, but if you think that would translate over to Retail WoW if Blizz did classic realms. I dunno what to tell you.

Deleted
    Of course that is assuming the Nost team was legit on their numbers which could be a bald faced lie. Shocking. Hell I don't care if it is 850k nost subs. It is still free and they had a 82% leave rate on a free game piggybacking on WoW's supposed best times ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Largest sub drop ever and STILL the largest MMO around with a new expansion in 4 months. Somehow I think we'll make it and be just fine. Go run off and play Nos...oh...you can't.
    What makes you think there was an 82% leave rate? 150k active over 10 days is incredible, it would have been significantly higher if we were given a monthly figure.

I love the delusion of people thinking hitting 200k signatures on a public petition that literally anyone can sign regardless of their interest in the game means they're going to get the thing they want.

It's not happening.