Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Guess we can also thank the folks at MMO-CHAMPION for allowing this thread to exist even though it breaks many forum rules, all for the sake of website hits (er I mean because it was "news").

Without whom the link to said petition may never have been seen. Good job team!
    I'm taking a wild guess here but I think the thread is still open to funnel all the comments and replies about the topic into one singular thread (Or as much as possible at least) instead of locking/deleting a dozen threads a day.

That being said the petition itself isn't asking for illegal private servers, It's asking for a legal alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE LEGION LMAO View Post
    What a pathetic response. Vanilla doesn't need content because it's a far superior game with a proven sizable fanbase.

Yeah, at least your server didn't get shut down. Too bad it's still on the same content patch for 14 months soon and in a completely garbage expansion. It's like bragging about winning the special Olympics.
    Far superior? Hahahaha. Come the fuck on, Vanilla wasn't even as good as TBC or WotLK. Get over yourself.

Hey I'll be raiding tonight, you'll be hoping a new PS starts up for you or hoping the one you are on does not get shut down. Have fun with that. Vanilla doesn't need content, yeah you bitch about a 14 month content drought what would you do on that Vanilla realm if you played there 3 or 4 years? Jack shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Willfully ignorant? Dude I PLAYED in Vanilla I know how fucking boring sitting in trade finding people was. It didn't build community. It just built a lot of frustration forming the group, heading there only to have someone leave or go LD and then having to get more people. Back then you dealt with it because that is what you had but that shit wouldn't fly today.

I'm happy that Nost had a community, but if you think that would translate over to Retail WoW if Blizz did classic realms. I dunno what to tell you.
    As opposed to WoD where everyone just sits in their Garrison. Vanilla ENCOURAGED social interaction, that is the distinct difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    First you explain.
    1. WoW losing 95% of its players at a minimum.
    2. In those 100sth millions counting all accounts created (even trial accounts).
    3. Losing 70% of those trial accounts before they hit level 10.
    And that's in a period (3.3) that WoW still had a semblance of mmorpg spirit left.

Average F2P mmo retention at the year mark being 6%.
    And that's counted with a 30-day rolling average not a 10-day like Nostalrius.

So by all accounts, Nostalrius had a stellar performance judging by actual comparative metrics and not in a void.
    And that's for a "word of mouth" advertised server (before this whole debacle) carrying the stigma and inherent insecurity any private server carries for a lot of people.

You're not proving what you think you are, not even close... I'm almost embarrassed for you.
    Comparing a PS piggybacking on WoW's past glory to other F2P mmo's many of them with new IPs is just dishonest. Comparing Nost's FREE numbers to ALL of WoW's various subs/trial accts and so on is also dishonest.

And this is also if you assume Nost's numbers are legit. They had no reason to post honest numbers as they had no shareholders to report to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    They've managed before with botting programs etc, i see no reason they can work a way around it for this as well.
    Blizzard has topnotch lawyers, not some people who sits on MMO-champ pretending to know how laws work.
    And people who steal things for a living are very good at it, I'm not advocating that however but do remember that the laws surrounding copyright infringement are different in europe / russia etc.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Willfully ignorant? Dude I PLAYED in Vanilla I know how fucking boring sitting in trade finding people was. It didn't build community. It just built a lot of frustration forming the group, heading there only to have someone leave or go LD and then having to get more people. Back then you dealt with it because that is what you had but that shit wouldn't fly today.

I'm happy that Nost had a community, but if you think that would translate over to Retail WoW if Blizz did classic realms. I dunno what to tell you.
    Oh I'm not triyng to claim that a lot of the people enjoing WoW in it's current form would enjoy what was on offer then if it was present. I'm just saying you seem to be disregarding the majority of what created community in favour of focusing on one aspect that was bad if you didn't make friends easily*. I'll be the first to admit I started in TBC; but the game was still very similar sub lvl 58 at that stage anyway. I was simply pointing out all the other things that create community, so stop pretending "community" is just spamming trade. You clearly know better.

If it helps I'll say its as bad as people who say WoD is JUST people sitting in garrisons all day.

*Or played on a low pop server where shit was shit for e'ryone.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-04-20 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Here's the difference though, on Nost, it takes years to see all the content, on retail you can see it all in about a week. If you want to see the harder raids, tack on a few months. Yeah legion will come out and after a month, when you've seen everything again, you'll be hanging out in that Garrison 2.0 aka class hall queue'd up for shit. While you're in that queue with your army of npc's, I'll be actually traveling to my dungeon with an army of players
    And what would that Vanilla realm turn into in a few years? The same Vanilla realm with far less people around because jack and shit happened as far as new content. Nost was what, ALMOST finishing year 1? What would year 3 look like? Yeah.

If you think people will be hanging around class halls all day in Legion then that is fine, I'll be doing Mythic+ dungeons, raiding, pvping and world quests at 110. I'll be just fine, meanwhile Vanilla. It never evolves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I love the delusion of people thinking hitting 200k signatures on a public petition that literally anyone can sign regardless of their interest in the game means they're going to get the thing they want.

It's not happening.

I love how you wasted your time to write such a reply that doesn't add anything constructive to the discussion at hand. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by ohgoditsjames View Post
    I love how you wasted your time to write such a reply that doesn't add anything constructive to the discussion at hand. Congratulations!
    Thanks. It's equally as constructive as all of the "but my nostalgic feels!" or people posting fallacies about a free server compared to a paid game arguments here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    You are missing the point, Wouldnt matter if the money went to servers, icecream or hell even the Red Cross.

THEY GAINED PROFIT from blizzards IP. period. nothing else to say.
    Profit is a financial benefit that is realized when the amount of revenue gained from a business activity exceeds the expenses, costs and taxes needed to sustain the activity.
    In economic terms, a nonprofit organization uses its surplus revenues to further achieve its purpose or mission, rather than distributing its surplus income to the organization's shareholders (or equivalents) as profit or dividends.
    I'd argue that they didn't profit at all
    Yeah.

What makes you think there was an 82% leave rate? 150k active over 10 days is incredible, it would have been significantly higher if we were given a monthly figure.
    We can only go on what numbers Nost provided (assuming they are legit). 18% of the playerbase was left. And that is a Free MMO piggybacking on one of WoW's supposed glory days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I love the delusion of people thinking hitting 200k signatures on a public petition that literally anyone can sign regardless of their interest in the game means they're going to get the thing they want.

It's not happening.
    It is about as likely as Vanilla getting new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I'm taking a wild guess here but I think the thread is still open to funnel all the comments and replies about the topic into one singular thread (Or as much as possible at least) instead of locking/deleting a dozen threads a day.

That being said the petition itself isn't asking for illegal private servers, It's asking for a legal alternative.
    They've been locking at least a dozen threads a day about it so far, it is really quite funny how hard they try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Just look at all the things the vocal crowd have changed in WoW and there weren't even petitions, Flying is probably the most notable.
    And considering that they never even wavered in their decision to not implement vanilla servers in over ten years despite the constantly claim should say something about its viability.

Nor do all the people who say that 200k is nothing. Not everyone even knows about the petition. Not to mention it is actually close to 1MM right now. Additionally people keep saying that since it was 850k and only 150k currently play that must mean they could not retain support. Maybe it means that people were not willing to invest a ton of time in a server that could be shut down. But they wanted to come back in and relive some of the old fun, and see what WoW was like when it was a social game.

I guarantee WoW will be coming out with legacy servers. Wow is dead because they forgot to give people a reason to be in the world, not because they took away flying.

As opposed to WoD where everyone just sits in their Garrison. Vanilla ENCOURAGED social interaction, that is the distinct difference.
    Tanaan has people around doing daily quests. Ashran has plenty of people PvPing. Raiding is happening all the time. Group Finder is quite active. Dungeons are happening. People are out doing achievements, farming mounts/pets and so on. You love to chirp about "sitting around in the garrison" like it is some mantra that will ward off evil. Whatever works for you man. Wod is FAR from perfect but at least it isn't shut down like Nost is. I'm getting new content in 4 months, how bout you? didn't think so.

Deleted
    Blizzdrone retards and Nostalrius players: Summed up in a nutshell. I'll see myself out LOL. This website is shit, anyway.

I laughed more than I should have at this lol

Blizzdrone retards and Nostalrius players: Summed up in a nutshell. I'll see myself out LOL. This website is shit, anyway.

its the other way around.

Question whatever you take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account

Nice ninja edit, asshole. Some people are at work.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-20 at 07:21 PM.

Vanilla doesn't need content because it's a far superior game
    Completely subjective. There are lots of people who think Vanilla, overall, is inferior to the current iteration of WoW.

Yeah, at least your server didn't get shut down. Too bad it's still on the same content patch for 14 months soon
    Considering your ideal game would stay on the same content patch for years and years and years until it's shut down, I don't get what you're trying to say, there.

and in a completely garbage expansion.
    Because you can predict the future with 100% accuracy, all the time, without fail, right?

BTFO. Even the current ASSISTANT GAME DIRECTOR basically echoed what you said in a past interview. Even the devs know the game is garbage and try in vain to fix it.

People who actually play and defend Warlords of Draenor really love eating shit, it seems. And they are proud of eating that shit.
    Not only that but 850k players who are now mainly 30-40 years old and have jobs. That just goes to show how awesome Vanilla is, or how bad current WoW really is.