Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
    When I first saw her picture on the bill I thought it was the same person on the aunt jemima pancake box.
    reason why we need black history month.

I look forward to some miscellaneous Transgender Latino showing up on the $50 some day.

Once the Obama Administration is out of office, they should go work for Marvel Comics. The two have the same mindset about stunt casting.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Im trying to make this happen, stop trying to stop make this happen
    I'm not against it. Go make one, to kick it off.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    And certain people didn't view Slavery as reprehensible while it was happening? Wasn't that the whole point behind freeing the slaves?
    I mean that was decades later, but don't let facts get in your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    reason why we need black history month.
    As long as I can still buy her tasty pancake mix she has my support.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    If you guys wanted a woman on your money so badly, you could have just accepted Her Maj as your rightful ruler once more.

Canadia seems to still dig her, based on their money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah, if they are going to put a woman on a bill it should be Betsy Ross, She so much more important to our history than probably any other woman and infinitely more important than Tubman. Yeah slavery was wrong and detestable, but it was still legal so she is being praised for breaking the law. She is nothing more than what we call coyotes today
    How was a lady who didn't create the first flag and is basically a fairy tale more relevant?

Your view that those who fight against injustice, even if the injustice is legal, are not part of who we are is just astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    That concept art looks terrible lol.

Other than that, I'm all for this. I mean, I never pay attention to who or what is on my money, but at least it isn't some old white dude anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

This news makes me want to vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Now discovering that it will be Harriet Tubman, my reaction remains "And?".

Also, Jackson did some fucked up shit. But he also was for keeping the debt manageable. He gets respect for that.

- - - Updated - - -

So, Germany should forever be referred to as Nazi Germany then?
    No, but you were quoting, "Its morally wrong to judge American ancestors for things like Slavery?", so yes, we will forever judge German ancestors, those who were Nazis, to be shitty people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    She was the first female president while her husband had alzheimer's?
    Wrong. That would be Edith Wilson after Woodrow Wilson's stroke

10+ Year Old Account
    My bad, was the 1$ that had Martha Washington on it. Thought that was the 2$...

Overall I still thing they are some of the nicest looking currency from any country.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    My bad, was the 1$ that had Martha Washington on it. Thought that was the 2$...

That 5 Dollar Piece, my god give us that. That is art.

OT:
    I honestly don't know enough about Harriet Tubman to say if she should be on the $20 bill. I did a quick wiki read:
    For the most part, she seems a bit "blue collar" to be on currency. This isn't a limited run golden dollar coin we are talking about here.

It's hard to judge someone for what they accomplished in their lives and in what way they accomplished them, but even within the abolitionist movement, there are better candidates. Frederick Douglass is a huge standout. Her association with John Brown should be enough to take her out of this kind of honor, the man was seen as a terrorist by both sides of the Mason-Dixon.
    This feels a bit of a PC move.

Although I really don't care either way, they could put Bert Reynolds on the $20, as long as it is still worth $20.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2016-04-20 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Maybe because there were more influential women in history? Gee ever think about that? Fucking SJW thinking they know everything.
    Like who, and why are they more influential then the woman who created the Underground Railroad and is one of the two or three people you first think of when abolition and the freeing of slaves is mentioned?

in after all the closet racists.

anyways, i'm glad he's off there, don't care as much who replaced him.
    harriet is a good pick though, the underground railroad is legendary.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underground_Railroad
    for those wondering why jackson gets all the hate: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_Tears
    he basically put most of the east coast indians, known as the "civilized tribes" because they wanted to adapt and live in harmony with the whites, on a death march after seizing their land.

Meh, cant remember the last time I actually looked at the portrait on a bank note.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Replacing the 20 was the right choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea what you people keep throwing around, this is what my money looks like.

They should just put supreme leader Clinton on ALL the money, since thats what shes about, kek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who carries cash often enough to get upset over this?

Glad Hamiltion stayed on $10. Glad Jackson is gone. It still should have been Eleanor Roosevelt. Maybe some Native American. I can live with H. Tubman.