Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    There is no doubt that legacy servers would be a huge success, but releasing vanilla servers would basically be like admitting that a 12 year old version of the game is better than the shit they make now, and sadly blizzard probably have too much pride to do that.
    Lol, you really think vanilla would work these days?
    What game that is 12 years old that did not evolve like MMO's or had new content added is still populair? there is non.

Ppl think they want vanilla because they cant have it or play it. When its released the magic will be removed very fast of it and ppl will see very fast what it is: a game with very slow gameplay with 10 min walks for quest to questzone and endgame with very long grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Completely untrue, as Blizzard has the resources to hire people to manage legacy servers should they need to - but I expect they wouldn't.

The content is all 100% complete already - they don't need designers or devs, they just need a small management team and some CMs. They're already actively supporting Diablo 2, which has pretty much no one playing it anymore. Saying a redistribution of manpower would negatively affect live could potentially be true if it needed to happen at all, but it doesn't (and really it wouldn't anyway because no design team is necessary whatsoever since the content already exists).

Legacy servers existing requires nothing more than management, it wouldn't affect new content for the current live WoW in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

They certainly wouldn't reduce the number of overall subs Blizzard has.
    I just mentioned in another post how a line would need to be drawn if Blizzard were to create their first official private server because if they make a vanilla one then of course players will pop up giving shout outs that Blizzard should also do their other favorite server at some point as well. Maybe I am wrong that the manpower wouldn't affect live, who knows, but say the legacy server trend continued. What then? Even if you took some posters' quotes of 30 man Nost teams as complete fact you would still have to multiply the manpower for that by 30 * n, n being the number of expansions that people could want to have turned into legacy servers after the treatment is applied to vanilla. This is quite the "What if" scenario atm but the big picture stands in need of being looked at critically. In the long term having more than just Vanilla turned legacy could require a couple hundred or more people managing these older versions of the game.

Blizzard might not lose subs by taking the brunt of the legacy server costs, but in order to convince Blizzard you're going to need to argue how it will increase subs and net more money instead of arguing that it won't hurt things more. That isn't a very good business argument to do something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    What game that is 12 years old that did not evolve like MMO's or had new content added is still populair? there is non.

Ppl think they want vanilla because they cant have it or play it. When its released the magic will be removed very fast of it and ppl will see very fast what it is a game with very slow gameplay with 10 min walks for quest to questzone and endgame with very long grinds.
    thats why Nostalrius had 150k active players and it was growing so fast... yea, you are right

Quote Originally Posted by kaboriza View Post
    Im sorry to break it to u but if u sign this petition youre a moron.

You can enjoy vanilla but if u think blizzard shgould commit to it, you are not a smart person
    The irony of this post...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    This thread is reaching epic proportions.
    Well after 1000 pages, it reaches Legendary (Orange) Status. Epic was surpassed long ago. At 5000 pages, Artifact (Red) status.

Petition has over 205,000 names now. Incredible. Blizzard would be absolutely foolish to ignore the calls for a Classic Client and Server set.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    Also what happened to all the negative people? I see only supporters here now, did they get chased off by one of the mods or did they just stop?
    Also loving the vanilla pictures, keep em up.
    Well, i´m all for it, but there are many people against the very idea. Just look at the thread I don´t really get why (i have a theory, but it´s not a nice one), as it doesn´t take anything away from them or even has an impact on their playstyle or game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    thats why Nostalrius had 150k active players and it was growing so fast... yea, you are right
    And they played for what amount of time on it? 1hour? 1 month? 2 days? a year?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Well after 1000 pages, it reaches Legendary (Orange) Status. Epic was surpassed long ago. At 5000 pages, Artifact (Red) status.

Petition has over 205,000 names now. Incredible. Blizzard would be absolutely foolish to ignore the calls for a Classic Client and Server set.
    i really hope they wont ignore this again...i would even wait 2 years for Legacy servers as long as they will do this.

Ppl think they want vanilla because they cant have it or play it. When its released the magic will be removed very fast of it and ppl will see very fast what it is: a game with very slow gameplay with 10 min walks for quest to questzone and endgame with very long grinds.
    This reply is literally just "you think you do, but you don't". The memes. I guess everyone who was playing a lot on nostralius just didn't know what they want.

But seriously, stop being a fucking inbred. Not everyone enjoys an MMO where everything is so convenient that nothing actually feels like a journey. And when I said that it would be a huge success I didn't mean that it would have more than 4.5 million players, but it doesn't need that many to be a success.

Deleted
    nostalrius was over a year old, and devs spent 5 years to develop from scratch ... and we are talking about a PRIVATE SERVER not RETAIL...

A year.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    The only way i see blizzard making vanilla server would be the noraml sub to the game + have the last expansion, so if u wanna play lets say vanilla in legion then u would have to buy legion. would be go for them to drive box sales dunno if ppl who only are intressed in vanilla would buy it though, since they played for free on private servers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Not everyone enjoys an MMO where everything is so convenient that nothing actually feels like a journey. And when I said that it would be a huge success I didn't mean that it would have more than 4.5 million players, but it doesn't need that many to be a success.
    Well blizzard said no to legecy server, there are other old MMO's out there that are not convenient so play one of those instead and your happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    nostalrius was over a year old, and devs spent 5 years to develop from scratch ... and we are talking about a PRIVATE SERVER not RETAIL...
    The point is when blizzard would release a vanilla server ppl would check it out then see what it is a standalone 12 year old game with 0 new content patches for the future and would ask themselfs why even bother when nothing new comes out like we all do in standalone games? i mean do ppl still play the witcher3 or GTA?
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-04-20 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IMloreeu View Post
    The only way i see blizzard making vanilla server would be the noraml sub to the game + have the last expansion, so if u wanna play lets say vanilla in legion then u would have to buy legion. would be go for them to drive box sales dunno if ppl who only are intressed in vanilla would buy it though, since they played for free on private servers
    I would begrudgingly buy legion and glady pay a monthly sub for vanilla servers and its expansion progression.

This thread is still going strong huh lol. I guess all the complaining will bring more traffic here .

No I know haha, I meant that Nost could have 20k people online at one time and the running costs were purely paid for by volunteers and optional donations so if they can do it, so can Blizzard. I'm pro legacy servers dude lo
    What donations? None oif the players gave a cent. So what makes you think that lot of freeloaders would pay to play?

They wont.

Well blizzard said no to legecy server, there are other old MMO's out there that are not convenient so play one of those instead and your happy.
    Whats the problem? Why are players against making legacy servers? We won't be taking anything from you all, we'll just be playing 12 years in the past. I can't understand why legacy server players are getting hate for wanting vanilla and its expansion resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont care why they took donations.

It helped them personally pay for the server. It doesnt really matter what they used the money on. If they used it on candy they had to pay for the server anyway.

The thing is if you want to put up a private server thats fine with me(its not fine with everyone). But that then means having to pay for it yourself. You are essentially making money. its like buying a car and accepting donations for the car. "but i'm not making money tis all going to the car"
    Not really, if you buy a car and then ask for donations you are getting some form of benefit from the car i.e method of transport. Nostalrius were struggling to keep the server running, because of the cost. This was a passion project which made people happy, it gave them chance to play a version of the game they can't get access to by legitimate means.

In contrast to Nostalrius, some private servers exist just to make money, they have a cash shop for pets and mounts. They charge you a fee for services like buying a capped char, or buying gear. It is those type of servers that need shutting down, because they are blatantly ripping off Blizzard to line their own pockets.

Everquest as an example. Older than WoW, a game without WoW probably wouldn´t be around (even acknowledged by Blizzard).

Started of as a privat servers, classic emulations, Project1999?

Now you have new (vanilla) progession servers. They are doing pretty well.

So your argument has really no base at all.

Blizzard has responded!!!!