Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    I can see this conversation is leading to LFR, because if you join a proper guild you will have no problem or queue! You don't want to join a guild or do the very VERY short attunement ? If players can't put any time or effort into that, then I'm afraid raids are way out of their league.

Guessing the raid will hit late summer EDIT: lots of good guilds have not completed the second raid yet, it's not that easy
    From the looks of it LFG is not handling. I can't see how LFR would be successful under those circumstances.

So is there a quick way to reach max level? I can not stand the leveling in Wildstar.

If its quick I may come back and give Wildstar a go again.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So is there a quick way to reach max level? I can not stand the leveling in Wildstar.

There's something about standing on top of Bor Milug when the event is going on I think.Gives crazy xp unless Carbine fixed it.

Other than that, only do story quests---no tasks, they aren't worth it. Story quests are the world/zone/region quests. Only do quest zones that are orange and red for you. You can do quest lines that are up to 3 levels higher than you are, but if you stay at that rate you'll run out of quests at around 47/48. Use the content finder to figure out where to go. If you join a guild, there are xp flasks you can get that boost your xp by around 10%. In addition you can buy rest xp flasks for omnibits/nc coin. Sometimes they'll do double xp weekends.

It only takes a few hours if you know what you're doing. I think the fastest I did was 10 hours without xp weekend or xp flasks. Still quite a bit of time, but really fast compared to even WoW.

Edit: If you hit 40 and have a few level 50 friends around, you can chain run ssm for a quick 40 to 50

- - - Updated - - -

Just because something mite be hard doesn't mean it shouldn't be queable.

More options are better even more so for a dying MMO like wildstar.
    It's not so much difficulty as much as it is the ease that a single player can wipe the entire group.
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-04-20 at 11:18 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    There's something about standing on top of Bor Milug when the event is going on I think.Gives crazy xp unless Carbine fixed it.
    No clue what a Bor Milug is or how a level player would get there.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-20 at 11:43 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    It's fixed, can't go there till level 48 now

Don't do tasks, challenges. Trade skills. Path missions ( can go back at 50 if you wish )

Don't do any group PVE content, they may be worse than you....could takes ages ( unless a good guild group )

Do join a guild and use the guild XP flasks, buy flasks from the store when you have the bit coins that drop in the game ( can use both flasks at the same time ) also use any settler buffs you see

Do put Google 2-step on your account ( can remove later ) this will give another 5% XP buff, and also gives a free ground that can be used at level 3

Do queue for BG's between level 10 and 19...depending on the influx of players at that moment in time, they may or may not pop, but you lose nothing by being in the queue! They give great XP

Stop anything your doing the moment you hit level 49, portal back to the city and go to the badlands, you will reach 50 in 15 to 20 minutes.

Always remember there is NO mob tagging in Wildstar, join the fight to get any reward and XP, players are now reaching level 50 in 8 to 10 hours of game time! If you do all the above you will reach 50 before you even hit the last zone ( never quest in a area with lower level mobs )

EDIT: One last tip, read http://www.gamerphix.com/ for 10 minutes before you start.
    Personally I love the lore story and zones, so took the long slow road on my first 2 chars
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2016-04-21 at 06:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you want to do it free? Going to take about 30 hours total, but could be shorter depending on efficiency. You only do story quests, World/Regional/Zone (they have special icons) and you ignore everything else. Don't do your path, don't do task quests (unless they lead you to another hub), and don't do instances. As soon as you outlevel a quest, unless you are desperate, don't do it. You can follow the zones by level guide (Ten Ton Hammer has one that is still useful) and follow that to a T.

If you want to spend money, using flasks of R&R and XP flasks will increase the rate significantly. I leveled in 18 hours last weekend and it wasn't the 2x xp weekend. I'm signature as well though, so your time may vary. I didn't use any flasks until the last 15 levels. I basically did it over a few hours Fri night and then all day Sat. Almost one day of play, and there it was.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Carbine Studios Staff >> World boss event
    Today, 10:10 AM
    For those concerned about what you'll get from the box, you should know we did go back and revise the contents of the Lucky Lopp Lockbox. The same exclusives (toy, dye, pet, and mount) are in there, but we've also made some changes based on the feedback you gave us last time. Runecrafting, tradeskill, and dye bags are no longer in the box. You've still got the gold and service token bags in there. You'll also have a chance of getting Rune Tokens and Exceptional Rune Tokens, the exchange items we gave out when we transitioned to Free to Play. For those unfamiliar, these can be turned in at the Rune Exchanger for a rune of your choice, making them a bit more valuable than runecrafting bags.

In addition, the boxes should give you two items from its list rather than one.

I know folks have some strong opinions about how this particular event is structured. Hopefully the changes to the box's contents will make 'em more worthwhile for you. Thanks, as always, for your feedback, and know that we're always discussing improvements that can be made.

Carbine Studios Staff
    Today, 01:22 PM
    Also, something else you should know, since questions about Arcterra were asked:

Tower-Engineer Renhakul will drop Shiny Tokens, but his cache didn't get the memo about fun times and will still require the full 75. That's a bug, but not one we'll be able to resolve in time, alas.

Frostgale, Kundar van Offen, and Matuk the Scorned aren't "official" world bosses (no spawning via Progenitor Access Particles) and therefore weren't invited to the party. Say hi to your old friends instead. Zoetic misses you.
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2016-04-21 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Do you want to do it free? Going to take about 30 hours total, but could be shorter depending on efficiency. You only do story quests, World/Regional/Zone (they have special icons) and you ignore everything else. Don't do your path, don't do task quests (unless they lead you to another hub), and don't do instances. As soon as you outlevel a quest, unless you are desperate, don't do it. You can follow the zones by level guide (Ten Ton Hammer has one that is still useful) and follow that to a T.

If you want to spend money, using flasks of R&R and XP flasks will increase the rate significantly. I leveled in 18 hours last weekend and it wasn't the 2x xp weekend. I'm signature as well though, so your time may vary. I didn't use any flasks until the last 15 levels. I basically did it over a few hours Fri night and then all day Sat. Almost one day of play, and there it was.
    Thx for the info, I have so little interest I just don't see me spending 30hours and doing it.

Starter dungeon was fun when I did it, Just doing dungeons is slowwww or at lease it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you can't do any instanced content at all while leveling b/c queues never pop...but they are a waste of your time anyways. Expeditions give an entire level up to like...level 30 now, but also not worth the time they take. I think they are a blast, but questing is just way faster.
    BAD WOLF

Hey all - added a class section to Gamerphix, hope it helps players and gets players in the right direction. http://www.gamerphix.com/#!class-guides/xz7mo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    Decided to fire Wildstar back up today and start fresh from level 1 (well, 3). My wife and I have been feeling a bit nostalgic for the game because it was pretty fun in beta and at launch but there was so little for us to do at max level we just gave up on it. So for now we're just gonna have a fun time leveling through the story again.
    There is a little bit more to do if you're talking about things that give you gear. If you just mean things to do in general, there is quite a bit of content now. Like 4-5 daily zones, all world bosses are actually relevant now, expeditions are fun to 1-2 man and provide renown/housing items/etc, and Arcterra is a new 'dynamic' zone that you can just run around in all day smashing bosses and doing events. It rewards the highest ilvl gear outside of instanced content so it is pretty rewarding.

That being said, if all you care about is gear you will hit the ceiling pretty quickly. But you will still have amp/ability pts to obtain, dyes, costumes, and all the awesome housing stuff. Plus mounts, pets all over the place, etc.
    BAD WOLF

So this game is F2P now, where's the catch!?! Money = powerful gear? new content? raiding?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fakup View Post
    So this game is F2P now, where's the catch!?! Money = powerful gear? new content? raiding?
    Money = cosmetics and quality of life things. Not too much in the way of actual player power.

Edit: The in-game shop has stuff like costumes, mounts, pets, flasks, etc.
    Last edited by Sheevah; 2016-04-27 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    That's heartening. My wife and I are not interested in gear or progression at all, just having a good time. That's why we're starting fresh with new characters to experience the leveling journey together again. We're in no rush and just going to take our time and play as we feel like, it's all about having fun.
    Should find plenty to do then. Just for collecting costumes, dyes, pets, and mounts there's like...unlimited content. I recommend becoming housing neighbors with each other and building things together. Then Vet expeditions at max are like mini dungeons you can solo-5 man, with 2 people it's a nice pace and feels fun to go for optional objectives together. My wife plays also, so I know how it all goes.
    BAD WOLF

thanks for the info!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fakup View Post
    thanks for the info!!
    You're welcome. And if it's worth mentioning, the stuff in the "Signature" picture can be activated with C.R.E.D.D., which is purchased with in-game currency. You can also buy other things off the shop by earning currency just from the playing the game. Sure, it will take longer, but Wildstar's F2P model is truly one that means you can play the game without ever needing to spend a dime (although you might want to).

Deleted
    Yes absolutely no content behind a pay wall...A big FAT nothing! Only thing they really did, and this was to stop any gold farmers, you can't make a guild when you first start playing F2P...but can join them.

Those of us that are subbed get a extra 240 Omnibits per week from playing ( they are a coin that drop from killing mobs, or completing quests / events ) they can then be used on the game store! So for my sub I buy a new mount pet and other items each month F2P players could also get the items, but will take a lot longer.....F2P 120 bits per week Subbed 360

Tbh Wildstar's F2P model right now is one of the best. No pay to win/content behind paywall like RIFT for example, decent perks for sub but not so awesome that it blows f2p out of the water. It makes you consider subbing basically but if you can't then f2p is nice enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it speaks volumes that one of the biggest critiques of Wildstar's current model is that it is potentially "too free", which makes some fear that they won't be able to generate enough revenue to continue working on the project with fixes and updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I think it speaks volumes that one of the biggest critiques of Wildstar's current model is that it is potentially "too free", which makes some fear that they won't be able to generate enough revenue to continue working on the project with fixes and updates.
    Well it's also because the stuff that they charge for is the worst stuff to charge for. Gamble boxes, more gamble boxes, entire events where to even get rewards from it you have to pay. They really stick it to their loyal players and then give away everything else. It's kinda crap actually.

But yeah, as a fresh player you are set to be a mooch and enjoy the game without problems.
    BAD WOLF