Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Regularly, but only once without justification and out of anger. I was like 11 though, so it's not so bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    One less soldier in the class war.

No, because I'm not a savage.

Deleted
    The punch didn't kill that guy, the kerb did.
    It's like someone being run over by a bus and blaming it on the guy leaving his house 30 minutes previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    It's like someone being run over by a bus and blaming it on the guy leaving his house 30 minutes previously.
    WTF? The guy hit the curb because he was punched. The punch was the direct cause of the death.

This is like saying being shot doesn't kill someone, the bleeding does.

You could get hit in the head with a pillow and then fall on the kerb and die.
    Pillows kill people using this logic.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    You could get hit in the head with a pillow and then fall on the kerb and die.
    Pillows kill people using this logic.
    And the person wouldn't hit the curb if they weren't hit with the pillow. Being hit with the pillow caused the death.

Yes literally anything can cause someone to fall and hit a curb and die. I don't know what's being argued here.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I was a bouncer in my younger days so yes, many many times

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's like arguing that pushing someone off the roof of a 20 story building isn't murder because technically it's the impact with solid concrete that kill him/her rather than the direct action of the push ...

No judge or jury will take you seriously.

The guy in the article is being charged with manslaughter.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Yes I punched some kid in the face for kicking my basketball out into a field after my team whooped him.

That was literally the only time. And I was like 14.

Regularly, but only once without justification and out of anger. I was like 11 though, so it's not so bad.
    Drinking tends to do that I imagine.

Deleted
    That's like arguing that pushing someone off the roof of a 20 story building isn't murder because technically it's the impact with solid concrete that kill him/her rather than the direct action of the push ...

No judge or jury will take you seriously.

The guy in the article is being charged with manslaughter.
    And he should be charged with manslaughter.
    But 'Killed with single punch' is bullshit. If there was no kerb, he'd probably still be alive.
    It should really read 'Killed by lack of sufficient medical care'. The punch didn't kill him, it just set in place a chain of events that killed him.

Yes, when I was 14; but it was more like a slap and it was not directed at the guy's face (he was being an annoying jackass and I tried to slap his hands away), and the guy was (and still is) my friend.

His nose started bleeding and swelled up a little but he was completely calm while I was the one acting all surprised and upset (had never hit someone in the face prior to that). We laughed about it then (at least he and my brother did, mostly because I was freaking out and apologizing left and right) and we laugh about it now.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-04-20 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My school was pretty bad, and I would fight every few days there. Plus, I did a lot of boxing when I was 14-16.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Drinking tends to do that I imagine.
    I wasn't actually a particularly violent drunk. And whenever I was, I was far too wasted to actually harm anyone,let alone even land a punch.

Absolutely. Mind you, when I was doing it, was in the Army, and we'd brawl to get the fuck over problems. Nothing like being pissed at someone, scrapping with them and being cool with them after.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

10+ Year Old Account
    it does when it's a draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it does when it's a draenei.
    Please, an elf would never punch someone because they might break a nail.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And he should be charged with manslaughter.
    But 'Killed with single punch' is bullshit. If there was no kerb, he'd probably still be alive.
    It should really read 'Killed by lack of sufficient medical care'. The punch didn't kill him, it just set in place a chain of events that killed him.
    It's still considered as him killing the boy, unintentionally.

Either way, it's dangerous. You never know if the guy you are hitting knows how to deal with getting hit - or if he will even be conscious after getting hit to do much of anything. Having your head knock into anything hard is in general bad news. This ain't the movies. Concussions and shit are real.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...