LGBT pride march has banned “cis” drag queens

http://www.gaypatriot.net/2016/04/18...ome-to-this-2/

"An LGBT pride march in Scotland has banned “cis” drag queens from marching out of the fear that it could offend transgender people.

Free Pride Glasgow is scheduled to take place in August, and bills itself as an alternative to the city’s main Pride event, which has allegedly become too commercialized.

“It was felt by the group within the Trans/Non Binary Caucus that some drag performance, particularly cis drag, hinges on the social view of gender and making it into a joke, however transgender individuals do not feel as though their gender identity is a joke,” organizers said in a statement...

I bet all of you people who watched ‘To Wong Fu, Thanks for Everything’ or ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ had no idea you were participating in a Hate Crime."
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

The fuck is a cis drag queen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I came here to figure that out.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I came here to figure that out.
    me too
    /10chars
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Cisgender (often abbreviated to simply cis) is a label for those whose experiences of their own gender agree with the sex they were assigned at birth. It may also be defined as those who have "a gender identity or perform a gender role society considers appropriate for one's sex."[1] It is a complement to the term transgender.
    So... based on the research I've done... a cis drag queen is just a male who dresses up as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    So... based on the research I've done... a cis drag queen is just a male who dresses up as a woman? Example:
    But if they're a drag queen then how are they cis?

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I understand, they still see themselves as men, but dress up as women for the lolz (or whatever reason)?

Disclaimer: Maybe the reason is actually more serious. I have no idea. Someone investigate!

I have no idea. Maybe they like flashy women clothing? Shit, I'm just a simple man - I see a dick, I think "male". I see a pussy, I think "female". The person in question thinking they are a woman while they are born with a dick doesn't make them a female. I just guessed based on urban dictionary and wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    As far as I understand, they still see themselves as men, but dress up as women for the lolz (or whatever reason)?
    it's like being a travestite?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Seems ridiculous. Drag queens consider themselves performers, they take what they do very seriously. Why would people misconstrue it as joke when it very clearly not one.

wow, those racists gays...

so much for acceptance and all that fruity stuff they qq about

I would imagine if you were to borrow my clothes for a show, it wouldn't make you non cis. How are they not is the question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

...cis means straight, cis drag queen is just a straight guy that dresses up as a female for non-sexual identity reasons. Could be he likes dresses, could be hes doing it for a comedy, could be he just feels like it that day. The reason doesn't matter, provided it's not to pass as opposite gender, which would make it not a drag issue, but rather a transperson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both sexuality and gender identity are forbidden topics here.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |