View Poll Results: What do you think Look Good or Look Bad?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Looks Good, I'm going to try to watch it.

21 80.77%
  • Looks Bad, I am going to pass.

5 19.23%

Thread: [TV] Lucifer

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Det Douche can't do too much since Det-Stach knows he was on the take, but I'm disappointed that Lucifer hasn't seemed to connect those hints.

Them arresting Lucifer at the end is sort of dumb, no gun anywhere apparent, it seems like a perfectly good time for her to say "hands on your head!" and him to comply while saying "Detective Stach did it, he confessed to the murders and has red paint on his hands plus the gun!"

And of course, I hope all the comic fans caught the blond joke.
    Not to mention the blood was leaking out and the pool was so small, that she would of had to of heard the gun shot.

I just watched one episode and, well, forgot this show, maybe I should catch up........

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieWayen View Post
    I just watched one episode and, well, forgot this show, maybe I should catch up........
    I would, the pilot had me saying no way. I was skeptical but watched the next 2 episodes, then something just clicked around episode 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    I would, the pilot had me saying no way. I was skeptical but watched the next 2 episodes, then something just clicked around episode 4.
    Really??
    Emmm, keep it in my list! I just have so many shows to watch but I'm busy in my job.

Wonder if "mom" is Lilith

Best we can do is speculate on that. Great finale overall though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was the ep where he got arrested the finale? If not, I guess I'm an ep behind. I'm having to watch it on Hulu, so I guess that means I have one more episode!

I can't believe how hard I fell in love with this series. I really hope there will be more. It's just the right amount of cheese factor to suck me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Wonder if "mom" is Lilith
    Lilith is Mazes mom in the comics, but it may change since tv/movies always switch shit around lol.

Deleted
    Well... It could be that by "Mom" he meant the First of the Fallen. God created the First of the Fallen to be His companion, and while the First is definitely also referred to as a "he" and depicted as a man, it wouldn't be impossible for the show to make the First, in fact, female. If they mix the First into this, then they could bring Constantine into the show as well. Or, it might just be that they're creating a completely new being. I mean, they've not been very faithful to the lore thus far, so, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Lilith is Mazes mom in the comics, but it may change since tv/movies always switch shit around lol.
    well after healing luci's bro she does appear to be gone, perhaps to reunite with her mom?
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well... It could be that by "Mom" he meant the First of the Fallen. God created the First of the Fallen to be His companion, and while the First is definitely also referred to as a "he" and depicted as a man, it wouldn't be impossible for the show to make the First, in fact, female. If they mix the First into this, then they could bring Constantine into the show as well. Or, it might just be that they're creating a completely new being. I mean, they've not been very faithful to the lore thus far, so, who knows.
    That's intriguing, what's his name?

Where did Malcolm get that dagger?

Luc's brother doing a 180 was disappointing.

So Lucifer made a deal with the devil....

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Where did Malcolm get that dagger?
    maze left them at the bar when lucifer and his brother were fighting. When lucifer was arrested they were collecting evidence and Malcolm took one

So the Devil's mom, ex God's wife was locked in Hell, hahaha !!

"Son, here, get up, you deal with your crazy mom, I'm busy"

Quote Originally Posted by PursueTheChase View Post
    Best we can do is speculate on that. Great finale overall though.
    Yeah, several months of speculation await. I wonder if they'll tease things as it gets closer.

Was a very good finale. Some stuff resolved, but not everything, good ending point with a huge lead in for next season.

The only thing that I was hoping for was that the coin would revert to Lucifer since Det Stache BROKE his deal. Coin for no-kill.

How it went down was perfectly fine though, no complaints.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    My only major nitpicks about the series are a) the procedural cop show barging too much on the supernatural and b) suspension of disbelief when mortals witness vanishing acts / torso shots to Lucy / great feats of strength and have no reactions whatsoever.

I love the psychoanalysis of the devil, what makes him tick, the portrayal of Lucifer by Tom Ellis and how many dad issues dear old Lucy has. And surprisingly I'm beginning to warm to DB Woodside's portrayal of Amenadiel, probably because the stick is getting pulled out of his scripted ass inch by inch.

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    My only major nitpicks about the series are a) the procedural cop show barging too much on the supernatural and b) suspension of disbelief when mortals witness vanishing acts / torso shots to Lucy / great feats of strength and have no reactions whatsoever.
    For me, police procedurals depend on how interesting the case is, but while none of their cases were anything special, the way they went about them was great fun. I assume next season will have more supernatural elements. I'm sure there's been some elements where folks didn't react, but for the most part they seem to react to his displays pretty well.

I love the psychoanalysis of the devil, what makes him tick, the portrayal of Lucifer by Tom Ellis and how many dad issues dear old Lucy has. And surprisingly I'm beginning to warm to DB Woodside's portrayal of Amenadiel, probably because the stick is getting pulled out of his scripted ass inch by inch.
    I'd still prefer a different actor for the role, but I think they pulled back from having him go full nuts when they got a confirmed second season. :-p

15+ Year Old Account
    So he disapeared in front of her, got shot again and survived easily. Like what the fuck? How is she not aware of who he is yet.

It was a great final but I really wish she found out about him :/

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    So he disapeared in front of her, got shot again and survived easily. Like what the fuck? How is she not aware of who he is yet.

It was a great final but I really wish she found out about him :/
    The scene did stop in an odd spot, given that she'd just gunned down another cop after stealing a bag of evidence and of course having seen him get shot and then be fine. I'm fine with her not getting confirmation, but he has been perfectly honest about who he is, so it's not like she hasn't "found out", she just doesn't believe.

When he asked her to go to the car during last episode at the satanists place, it seems he doesn't really WANT to prove it to her.

Deleted
    Personally, I've approached all the situations where a character clearly sees something unexplainable and simply shrugs it off and forgets about it, such as when Dt. Douche was standing in a room with the door shut, facing the door, and Amenadiel and Lucifer simply vanished from behind him, in a flurry of papers and so on, and there was absolutely no way they could've gone anywhere, as there being some accompanying effect with those events that clouds the thinking of the person enough so that they don't dwell on it. I mean, drugs do this, alcohol does it, so I'm sure an angel can do it. Perhaps it's there to protect angels when they're on Earth, so they don't cause mass panic and shit like that when they're seen, and perhaps sometimes it's just not strong enough, hence all the, previously thought as nutjobs, who claim to have seen angels.

That would explain why Chloe just doesn't accept what she's seeing, and it would excuse the otherwise somewhat shoddy writing.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    That's intriguing, what's his name?
    Well... Satan.

I think I can leave these without spoiler tags now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_(...al_sovereignty
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_of_the_Fallen
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/First_of_th...en_(New_Earth)

Basically, First of the Fallen, or Satan, was the Devil, created by Garth Ennis and Will Simpson to be Constantine's enemy. At the same time, though, Neil Gaiman made Lucifer, and hence there was a conflict. So they worked on it, and it ended up being that Lucifer is actually the Fourth, and there were three beings who fell before him; First of the Fallen, who was created to be "God's companion", and the Second and Third of the Fallen, who were basically powerful demons.

And, as far as I know, after Lucifer leaves Hell and gives up his throne, Satan, or the First of the Fallen is the ruler there.

Now, as you can see from those links and know from Constantine, the First is depicted as a man. I mean, he is Satan, of course. But, it wouldn't be impossible for them to flip that on it's head. I mean, what the hell are genders to God and beings created by God, anyway? Also, would jive with the sign of times, to take something or someone that used to be a guy, and make it a girl. Right?

This is all conjecture, of course. Could very well be that they're just creating a brand new being, since the show isn't exactly hugely advertised as being in the DC universe. It might just exist in it's very own.

I would wager that Chloe is Lucy's "mum" or somehow possessed by it atleast without her knowing, would explain how she's the only one who can damage Lucy or make him vulnerable being near him