Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Nost did not do the coding that was done by blizzard 12 years ago....
    The Nost DEV team built the SOURCE CODE over the course of 5 years... Its one of the reasons Nostalrius was unlike any other private server.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    True, a lot of people left and we have a lot of old code. YOu are right, this IS a good point

Yet, you have to consider, that while the code has progressed, with new systems and mechanics and twisting them around. The base is still the same. Your new people will have to learn to work with the old code anyway. So we can assume that they are familiar with that. Which doesn´t mean i´m not suggesting that it wouldn´t take some learning, but that´s what they are paid for anyway.

GM´s...this is where i disagree really. YOu don´t need too. We are talking about one server. GM´s don´t operate on one server only. It´s a service network. A layer ontop of the game itself. But you have a point in saying that the tools are likely different now. That would need work. But again, we are talking about already existing tech.

You think the costs are too high, they aren´t. I pointed this out. I could even do the math. Even then, they could take the gamble considering the potential payoff. If they lose money, they can shut it down it and go like "told you so".

THe downsides don´t look very dark considering the potentional success?
    Mark Kern in his interview even said they expected WoW to sell a million copies at most and have 450k active players at best. Yet that alone was enough incentive for them to develop WoW. Funny to think now given how much cheaper it would be to do something when it's been proven you can get similar results is now too much of a risk.

Does this whole thing sound like the "New Coke" fiasco to anyone else? For anyone unaware, "New Coke" was a marketed product when they adjusted the working formula thinking it would make things better. What happened was it was a massive failure so they brought back their original recipe. "The simple fact is that all of the time and money and skill poured into consumer research on a new Coca-Cola could not measure or reveal the depth and abiding emotional attachment to original Coca-Cola felt by so many people" Yeah, definitely sounds like something that belongs here.

Problem is I feel only people who played in Vanilla should have a voice here. I see a lot of people who very obviously began playing in late Wrath or later throwing around their illogical points of view. Namely the guy a few pages back who was screaming that "Community never existed in Vanilla all it was is sitting trade spamming for a tank!" Although seriously, why are these people even weighing in? It isn't like they are cancelling current WoW for it, it's an alternative. If you don't like Vanilla don't play the damn servers. As I said before, don't force us to sit on this sinking ship with you. Give us a way out.
    Last edited by VinylScratch; 2016-04-21 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    Problem is I feel only people who played in Vanilla should have a voice here. I see a lot of people who very obviously began playing in late Wrath or later throwing around their illogical points of view. Namely the guy a few pages back who was screaming that "Community never existed in Vanilla all it was is sitting trade spamming for a tank!" Although seriously, why are these people even weighing in? It isn't like they are cancelling current WoW for it, it's an alternative. If you don't like Vanilla don't play the damn servers. As I said before, don't force us to sit on this sinking ship with you. Give us a way out.
    You are indirectly quoting me while tossing in some veiled insults, nice. Also I played in Vanilla since the game went live so by your comment I have a voice here. I never said 'community never existed' so get your facts straight. I said that sitting in trade chat for an hour was not 'community'. That is just sitting in trade doing jack shit while you wait on a group. There were community aspects to the game in the questing areas and PvP before battlegrounds were a thing.

I love when you say "If you don't like Vanilla don't play the damn servers." as if those servers actually exist. You are trying to attach your little ship to a cruise liner and tag along. You want a way out? Play something else or go to PS. Or you can sit around and wait for the next version of "The Wall of No." to get posted or have the question asked at Blizzcon.

You are trying to force Vanilla on us not caring if it takes away resources from the current game, that is the fucked up part. You don't care if it might fragment the community, all you care about is getting what you want and not the potential repercussions like the game being a flop after 6 months when most people get bored and leave it.

Yeah that line of thinking was always an annoyance for me. Especially when they are able to preach to you about "This is illegal!" yet I guarantee you less than 5% of the music on their phone was paid for. It's weird how people justify things, since listening to a song on Youtube isn't illegal in their eyes, yet playing an emulated server is stealing and therefore wrong.
    What pisses me off is how you think: I can at least show you 2 people including me in this retarded thread who said:
    I download, I torrent, I crack etc but I don't deny it's illegal. Back in my day when we were downloading shit we knew it was illegal and we accept it like a boss. And I am sure nobody denies that anybody who thinks that is not illegal I put it on the same retarded level of people who says Nost was not illegal. What the actual fuck? Accept that Nost was illegal, what you did was illegal. That's it. I accept it %100 when I torrent shit. Fucking pansies. Blizz had and has every right to all those private servers. They got no license or whatsoever.

For anyone defending nost; Think a little, accept what you did was illegal and move on playing on another private server. Don't whine like a bitch. How dare Blizz protects its own property right? Wtf?

THen again I give you a fucking +10 for knowing UO. Thumbs up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What, again?
    That's what some derps were claiming a while back on Trade-Chat.

I reported em for it, but repeat what I said here. If they did, then Lizard Squad must like going to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Even the Pro-Nost & Pro-Vanilla server people must see this is the wrong way to get attention.

It is like my 4 year old rolling on the ground when he doesn't get candy.
    Guess what I do....let him roll, and that is what Blizzard will do.

For all your good intentions Blizzard will ignore you when Nost is linked to people like this.

Good intentions? If anyone thinks that their flat out deluded.

Blizzard has a right to defend their proprietary interests. A Private server is illegal. Key word being illegal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Even the Pro-Nost & Pro-Vanilla server people must see this is the wrong way to get attention.

It is like my 4 year old rolling on the ground when he doesn't get candy.
    Guess what I do....let him roll, and that is what Blizzard will do.

For all your good intentions Blizzard will ignore you when Nost is linked to people like this.
    Yes i agree totally and whats even more stupid they keep on thinking blizzard is going to make a statement :/ like honestly what do they thinks going to happen ? if they open there mouth and say anything but " Hey guys we are making legacy servers" there going to go even more crazy than they are now. I honestly believe we will get legacy servers but at a point where the live game is near death something below 500k subs.

People need to see it from blizzards point of view and try not thinking with emotion. They have a great expansion coming out fixing alot of things that didnt go well in wod and adding alot more content than we have ever seen and by the sounds of it an actual plan for after launch content patches unlike the train reck that was wod.

I've said it before that id love to do the 1-60 again one last time but id rather have the live game not to suck and i feel this entire thing has overshadowed the alpha of legion and caused damage to it be people down voting good feedback out of smite and up voting the legacy posts. I honestly call out to all the crowd who want to keep pushing for legacy do it after legion and when the movie comes out as they will be more willing to lissen as right now any action they make in the form of a statement will only cause more damage to the legion launch thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by djcoin View Post
    So you're saying everyone is a liar?
    Depending in which group of people you're referencing when you say 'everyone'. Because I don't recall directly calling 'everyone' a liar. Nostalrius didn't use vanilla code, they used an emulator. They admitted as such. They did take money, they used donations to cover for the costs. If they truly didn't take any money, they wouldn't have a 'donation' box and would foot the bills themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

Good intentions? If anyone thinks that their flat out deluded.

Blizzard has a right to defend their proprietary interests. A Private server is illegal. Key word being illegal.
    You do know that person didnt say good intention right ? i think you miss read it my friend lol they where just pointing out that if you demand things like a baby a parent aka bliz will just ingore

I miss good old shaman class quests!

Imagine if you were going 1 kph or mph over the limit and a cop pulled you over and gave you a ticket for it lol

better yet imagine if you were peeing in the woods with noone in site, only to find out cops had a camera there and then fined you for doing so

its just a little bit laughable I don't really see the point

but hey, they are allowed to

Mark Kern in his interview even said they expected WoW to sell a million copies at most and have 450k active players at best. Yet that alone was enough incentive for them to develop WoW. Funny to think now given how much cheaper it would be to do something when it's been proven you can get similar results is now too much of a risk.
    I know.

Mark Kern´s interview isn´t the first time i heared about it. Blizzard was surprised by the success, they always were. They were really lucky too, EQ2 beta turned away most players and brought up a huge controversy back then. Then they decided to redo it...good..but too late, because WoW come along.

Heavily influenced by EQ and an IP that was based on Warhammer Fantasy AND an already established company name for making the RTS series. The EQ players, myself included, drove to it. There was no other competion either.

The same can be said about SC, heavily based on W40k, at that time RTS was in a difficult situation. But EA, as usual, fucked all over by buying Westwood and destroying the company that made RTS. With South Korea looking for a "sport" and then deciding that e-sport is the way to go...the only thing around was StarCraft (C&C was to political with soviets)...again..lucky as hell. And that e-sport scene they created is still active today and kept Starcraft alive. Then Blizzards SC2 came...well it´s not as popular than the first, we had world top players critisizing it, but whatever.

Diablo was never made by Blizzard anyway. That was a different studio they just bought. And i have seen what Diablo 3 is, when they make it on their own (because they closed said company Blizzard North, former Condor). It´s garbage and no, i don´t care what they did years after with patches, it was garbage.

No one gives a shit about Heroes of the storm.

HS is decent, not really "made" by Blizzard but rather by a few guys in the company...anyway. It´s decent, has enough problems and will never be the cash the cow fans make it out to be compared to WOW. Not saying it´s not pure profit, it sure as hell is!!!! Compared to WoW? No. Registered accounts don´t matter shit if all your games share the same account.

Overwatch seels good, i mean it´s Blizzard! Let´s see how this teamshooter does after a few months after the hype has died down and people go back to TF2 or other pvp games like Dota where skill matters more than Blizzards fotm sh*t.

I swear...Blizzard fanboys and defenders are the gaming equivalent of Apple and their mindless drones.

"Problem is I feel only people who played in Vanilla should have a voice here. I see a lot of people who very obviously began playing in late Wrath or later throwing around their illogical points of view. Namely the guy a few pages back who was screaming that "Community never existed in Vanilla all it was is sitting trade spamming for a tank!" Although seriously, why are these people even weighing in? "

Because, and that is my theory, this people like the current game, which actually makes their points invalid anyway, as we are talking about two different games at this point, yet they think this server would take anything from them. They hide behind Blizzard statements, which is pointless as it is established that Blizzard changes their mind all the time. (so much for the evolution argument) Then come out with arguments about costs (debunked), community (WHAT community?), etc. They just don´t like the idea that a server like this exists, or god forbid, be successfull...because they need the validation that THEY are right. It´s pure nonsense and immaturity.

Sue me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You are trying to force Vanilla on us not caring if it takes away resources from the current game, that is the fucked up part. You don't care if it might fragment the community, all you care about is getting what you want and not the potential repercussions like the game being a flop after 6 months when most people get bored and leave it.
    Wait a second, that doesn´t make any fucking sense.

Who is forcing anything on to you? Whats your problem here?

If there would be a vanilla server, how they are interfering with your Legion gameplay?

Since it pays for itself your resource argument is mute, not to mention that it´s pointless because Blizzard with their NEW BIG dev team can´t produce shit for people playing. So there is no argument there right? And if that doesn´t do it then consider the millions of cash they made OFF this game (that includes you), they are sitting on and DOING OTHER THINGS INSTEAD OF WORKING ON THIS GAME.

Fragmant what community? There is no community in WoW, it´s a bunch of self entitled *unts that play solo with the random raiding guild who still managed to keep it social. But they are dying out too. Community, bah. There is hardly anything left, and this is Blizzards fault.

The game being a flop after 6 months? You know how ironic this is considering WoD? Right?

That is why I was so glad Blizzard didn't get the rights to dota, they would have ruined it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle View Post
    Hopefully blizzard will realize there is a demand for legacy servers.
    Right. Because the problem is that Blizzard thinks there's no demand for legacy servers.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mark Kern´s interview isn´t the first time i heared about it. Blizzard was surprised by the success, they always were. They were really lucky too, EQ2 beta turned away most players and brought up a huge controversy back then. Then they decided to redo it...good..but too late, because WoW come along.
    Either Kern was trolling from start to finish in that interview, or the guy has become a huge idiot. It was nothing but a bunch of hardcore/nostalgic forum copypasta: "handholding," "trivialization," "community," blah blah blah. Pretty much every word was designed to do nothing other than stir the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Either Kern was trolling from start to finish in that interview, or the guy has become a huge idiot. It was nothing but a bunch of hardcore/nostalgic forum copypasta: "handholding," "trivialization," "community," blah blah blah. Pretty much every word was designed to do nothing other than stir the shit.
    Because he didn't share your opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You are indirectly quoting me while tossing in some veiled insults, nice. Also I played in Vanilla since the game went live so by your comment I have a voice here. I never said 'community never existed' so get your facts straight. I said that sitting in trade chat for an hour was not 'community'. That is just sitting in trade doing jack shit while you wait on a group. There were community aspects to the game in the questing areas and PvP before battlegrounds were a thing.

I love when you say "If you don't like Vanilla don't play the damn servers." as if those servers actually exist. You are trying to attach your little ship to a cruise liner and tag along. You want a way out? Play something else or go to PS. Or you can sit around and wait for the next version of "The Wall of No." to get posted or have the question asked at Blizzcon.

Sitting in trade chat for an hour!? More like the 2-3 people that would start a group would be out in the world while 1 person was in the main city. You'd switch out as someone needed to vendor or ah stuff. People would occasionally try their guild. It was rare it took an hour, but there was value in the time you did spend waiting together. You got to know other people on your server and what was going on in their corner of it. If you were leveling it was as simple as the channel for the zone the dungeon is in. I think you might be misremembering how it went.

And more of this drama about "forcing vanilla on you?" The angst of it! Of course, thinking WoD is a cruise liner ... jeesh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goeres View Post
    The Nost DEV team built the SOURCE CODE over the course of 5 years... Its one of the reasons Nostalrius was unlike any other private server.
    They didnt do any coding, they made a server...buhu...dont try as if there are none others out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Look, i don´t care about that guy. He is just one of MANY people who were involved in the original game. But he did made some good points. i don´t have to like someone to accept that there is a point in what the person is saying. I too get the feeling that he is not really in a position to get into this much (and is biased), yet that doesn´t make his arguments invalid. I can confirm the cost aspect. Which ties into sub numbers. What they thought back then doesn´t bother me, nor does it affect me if he is riding along this wave to get attention, if he does.

Deleted
    I dont give a shit about Heroes of the storm.
    We get it you dont like HotS but dont claim you speak for everyone.
    HS is decent, not really "made" by Blizzard but rather by a few guys in the company...anyway. It´s decent, has enough problems and will never be the cash the cow fans make it out to be compared to WOW. Not saying it´s not pure profit, it sure as hell is!!!! Compared to WoW? No. Registered accounts don´t matter shit if all your games share the same account.
    yet HS is making them more money then WoW....
    Overwatch seels good, i mean it´s Blizzard! Let´s see how this teamshooter does after a few months after the hype has died down and people go back to TF2 or other pvp games like Dota where skill matters more than Blizzards fotm sh*t.
    Okay we get it you HATE everything made by Blizzard. Why are you here?.....

"Problem is I feel only people who played in Vanilla should have a voice here. I see a lot of people who very obviously began playing in late Wrath or later throwing around their illogical points of view. Namely the guy a few pages back who was screaming that "Community never existed in Vanilla all it was is sitting trade spamming for a tank!" Although seriously, why are these people even weighing in? "
    Oh look another person who thinks people that dont share my oppinion shouldnt have a voice here....

Fragmant what community? There is no community in WoW, it´s a bunch of self entitled *unts that play solo with the random raiding guild who still managed to keep it social. But they are dying out too. Community, bah. There is hardly anything left, and this is Blizzards fault.
    The game being a flop after 6 months? You know how ironic this is considering WoD? Right?
    no matter how much you HATE everything Blizzard WoD was not a flop talking finances...
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2016-04-21 at 01:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    They didnt do any coding, they made a server...buhu...dont try as if there are none others out there....
    Uh, so this is, like, not true. Did you know it was not true? It's not true. I guess you're posting without knowing what's true? I mean, a huge number of posts here and just knowing-anything-about-Nostalrius basics all point out that this is not true. At all.

True things are good to know about. Not true things are bad.