Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Yeah it has been a lot better than it used to be with the massive rate increases we used to see before Obamacare came along.
    No, that's not what I meant. My rates have more than doubled in one year since the ACA kicked in. In my opinion it needs to be repealed and the nation needs to go even further in the opposite direction than it was prior to ACA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    No, that's not what I meant. My rates have more than doubled in one year since the ACA kicked in. In my opinion it needs to be repealed and the nation needs to go even further in the opposite direction than it was prior to ACA.
    Yes, mine have skyrocketed, I have never paid more for health insurance. My company dropped spouses from health insurance, a move that many large companies are doing, such as UPS.

ACA was genius, if you wanted to pass Government ran healthcare, break the private sector to the point people are willing to accept it

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    I make $60 per month, the apartment I live in costs more than what I earn in a month in rent alone. I could not live here alone, I wouldn't try to live alone in this place with my pay.
    Sounds like you've got bigger problems than insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...yist-industry1

Obamacare architect leaves White House for pharmaceutical industry job
    Sounds like par for the course.

As I once posted, Health Insurance lobby will take care of its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    ACA was genius, if you wanted to pass Government ran healthcare, break the private sector to the point people are willing to accept it
    Oh I agree. A friend of mine used to work at Verizon as a tech support rep for business accounts. His Verizon call center was sold to some foreign third party outfit right before ACA kicked in. He told me that most cell carriers sold their centers to such outfits in order to avoid the ACA costs. They retained one or two centers to deal for government contract customers (which have to deal directly with the company per government contracts), but most cell carrier call center reps you deal with now are not directly employed by the carriers anymore as a result of this calculated step toward statism.

Oldies but goodies....

I remember looking that up on snopes because I had trouble believing that people had this belief that government wasn't running Medicare.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    How many people are in your family?

Unless you have 3 or 4 members, the rates I gave don't apply. The only way you don't get subsidized if you make 50K is if you are paying taxes and not covering anyone else. If you are a unit of two, 50k is under the 63k cutoff.

If you are a unit of 1 though, your individual premium is an average of $286 amonth. Far below a family plan. Again if you're not paying it, its because you choose not to. You can easily afford it on a 50k salary. And if all you wanted to cover was bare catastrophic coverage so you didn't get wiped out in the event of a severe illness or hardship, it's only around $150 a month. Again, easy to afford basic protection.
    I have the best insurance plan I can get in Wisconsin, paying nearly 600$ a month for my daughter and I. It is the BEST plan available in the health exchange market. Still has co-pays, still has large spend deduc, extremely inconvenient spread the fuck out network. Sure I can I pay for a cheaper plan which puts my nearest in network doctor or hospital 3 hours away from us with a waiting room filled with 30+ people in it, high deduc, no coverage on prescriptions, etc. In my state, it doesn't matter what you're spending on insurance, your basically flushing your money down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    I make $60 per month, the apartment I live in costs more than what I earn in a month in rent alone. I could not live here alone, I wouldn't try to live alone in this place with my pay.
    The standard of living is easily a hundred times higher than that of where you live. You cannot tell bread how to live without knowing his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by WiggleTillFriday View Post

Luxxor, Plz stop telling ppl this crap. They can and will come after you for penalties and fines from healthcare act, I know this as fact and you telling others the opposite is just wrong, Stop giving bad advice that might cost others dearly. You do not know what you are talking about.
    Actually you are the one who doesnt know what you are talking about. You made up a fictitious story where first you said your "tax" person told you that you had to pay a fine (complete bullshit), then you changed the story to "The IRS told me." You didnt talk to them and you sure as hell didnt wait just 45 min at the peak of tax season (this is where I knew you were making it up) If you do have a tax penalty it has nothing to do with the individual mandate.

Maybe you missed this part, mayeb show it to your "tax person."
    https://www.healthcare.gov/fees/fee-...being-covered/

What happens if I don't pay the fee?
    The IRS will hold back the amount of the fee from any future tax refunds. There are no liens, levies, or criminal penalties for failing to pay the fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Again if you're not paying it, its because you choose not to. You can easily afford it on a 50k salary. And if all you wanted to cover was bare catastrophic coverage so you didn't get wiped out in the event of a severe illness or hardship, it's only around $150 a month. Again, easy to afford basic protection.
    Of course I choose not to pay it and the fact that I'm charged for choosing not to buy a shitty product is yet more evidence that the whole system exists to give poor people free shit.

BTW the minimum plan bare bones plan is almost $300 for me.
    Last edited by Luxxor; 2016-04-20 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

[QUOTE=Luxxor;39917847]Actually you are the one who doesnt know what you are talking about. You made up a fictitious story where first you said your "tax" person told you that you had to pay a fine (complete bullshit), then you changed the story to "The IRS told me." You didnt talk to them and you sure as hell didnt wait just 45 min at the peak of tax season (this is where I knew you were making it up) If you do have a tax penalty it has nothing to do with the individual mandate.

Maybe you missed this part, mayeb show it to your "tax person."

[url]https://www.healthcare.gov/fees/fee

LMAO!! Your telling me what I did and didn't do?? I sure as hell did talk to my tax preparer, And waited 45 min. to talk to the IRS. Who the hell do you think you are? Telling ppl what you have no clue about. This post just shows me how freakin clueless you are, when you assume, you make an ass out of yourself, like you just did.

LMAO!! Your telling me what I did and didn't do?? I sure as hell did talk to my tax preparer, And waited 45 min. to talk to the IRS. Who the hell do you think you are? Telling ppl what you have no clue about. This post just shows me how freakin clueless you are, when you assume, you make an ass out of yourself, like you just did.
    The only person making an ass out of them self is you. So did you want to refute the link from Healthcare.gov? Your tax person is an idiot and of course the IRS said you had to pay it. Go ahead and be a fool and pay it. Go ahead. I'd bet my tax return that this has nothing to do with the individual mandate and all about some other factor you arent sharing or frankly dont understand.

Im going on a cruise and you are paying a fine you dont even need to. Good day sir.
    Last edited by Luxxor; 2016-04-21 at 02:44 AM.
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    The only person making an as out of them self is you. So did you want to refute the link from Healthcare.gov? Your tax person is an idiot and of course the IRS said you had to pay it. Go ahead and be a fool and pay it. Go ahead. I'd bet my tax return that this has nothing to do with the individual mandate, just you and your moron of a tax person being completely uninformed about the law.

Im going on a cruise and you are paying a fine you dont even need to. Good day sir.
    So, if I PM you a picture of my healthcare penalty you will pay pal me yur tax return? Plz say yes. I wanna go on that cruise!! lol

So, if I PM you a picture of my healthcare penalty you will pay pal me yur tax return? Plz say yes. I wanna go on that cruise!! lol
    Are you dense? Im done with you, Ive posted PROOF from healthcare.gov and you have a constantly changing story that leads me to believe you are inept from separating other factors from the equation. I have no doubt its been assesed to you, my contention is that you dont have to pay it.

Are you dense? Im done with you, Ive posted PROOF from healthcare.gov and you have a constantly changing story that leads me to believe you are inept from separating other factors from the equation. I have no doubt its been assesed to you, my contention is that you dont have to pay it.
    I have not changed my story once. I have told you exactly what I have done and gone through. You have changed from I made this story up to now saying you believe I have been penalized.. Sounds like you may be the dense one here. I used to think you hade some sense man, but after this exchange, wow! When others don't agree with you, let the name calling begin..

I have not changed my story once. I have told you exactly what I have done and gone through. You have changed from I made this story up to now saying you believe I have been penalized.. Sounds like you may be the dense one here. I used to think you hade some sense man, but after this exchange, wow! When others don't agree with you, let the name calling begin..
    https://www.healthcare.gov/fees/fee-...being-covered/

The IRS will hold back the amount of the fee from any future tax refunds. There are no liens, levies, or criminal penalties for failing to pay the fee.
    I mean really what more can I say?

I used to be able to cover my wife and kid pre aca. After it came out the cost to cover them would have been outrageous and the market insurance is basically useless due to sky high deductibles. So instead my wife got a job with still terrible insurance and my kid got covered under medicare.

Man am I sure glad ACA got passed, I used to be able to cover my family just fine on my own, now I'm on government programs. Thanks Obama!

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    I used to be able to cover my wife and kid pre aca. After it came out the cost to cover them would have been outrageous and the market insurance is basically useless due to sky high deductibles. So instead my wife got a job with still terrible insurance and my kid got covered under medicare.

Man am I sure glad ACA got passed, I used to be able to cover my family just fine on my own, now I'm on government programs. Thanks Obama!
    Yeah but poor people who used to get charity care anyway now have insurance!

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah but poor people who used to get charity care anyway now have insurance!
    Thanks Luxxor!

I mean really what more can I say?
    If only there was an easier way to not overpay the government. I'd love to get a tax assessment that I owe the IRS so much in taxes and so much in "fines" and then just send them the tax money and stiff them on the BS fine. The whole reason the IRS is even involved in any of this is that they have access to people's tax refunds and can just confiscate them.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    If only there was an easier way to not overpay the government. I'd love to get a tax assessment that I owe the IRS so much in taxes and so much in "fines" and then just send them the tax money and stiff them on the BS fine. The whole reason the IRS is even involved in any of this is that they have access to people's tax refunds and can just confiscate them.
    I will admit this is tricky if you have a complex tax situation. Fortunately mine is very simple. Single, 35, no deductions, bend over and pay 30% tax to fund all the social programs for poor people.

Sorry Im not then going to subsidize their healthcare too.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    they have access to people's tax refunds and can just confiscate them.
    Sounds like paypal.