Deleted

a question about the new transmog system

So i just read that we still need to go to the transmog vendor to make outfits.

however, do this outfits change when you equip new gear or do you have this outfit forever? would be cool to not have to go the a transmog vendor everytime you get new gear pieces ^^

Nope, if you get a piece of gear and equip it, you have to re-transmog that piece. Been that way for a while though.

I have a question. I know set items & the Salvage crate class sets are class specific, but is the newbie gear from making a new Death Knight or Demon Hunter locked out to other classes? The Archerus Acolyte gear would look pretty hot with the Corrupt Ashbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Nope, if you get a piece of gear and equip it, you have to re-transmog that piece. Been that way for a while though.
    Um, no. In the Legion system there are saved outfit systems where you mog an item to it's appropriate slot. Switching your helm won't change your helm mog because the mog it saved to the helm slot itself for that particular costume setting.

Unless everything they said at both Blizzcon and Gamescom were a lie. I'm not personally on the Alpha to test it this minute, but that was there intent with the new "outfit" system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I have a question. I know set items & the Salvage crate class sets are class specific, but is the newbie gear from making a new Death Knight or Demon Hunter locked out to other classes? The Archerus Acolyte gear would look pretty hot with the Corrupt Ashbringer.
    Doesn't work. See me post here where I tried it out.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Doesn't work. See me post here where I tried it out.
    Did you try out the other items? Because they might have just made the girdle untransmogable, like other "invisible" armor pieces, like the Monk class set's shoulders.

Did you try out the other items? Because they might have just made the girdle untransmogable, like other "invisible" armor pieces, like the Monk class set's shoulders.
    I think they gave a tweet in regards to their making the DK starter gear now require a Death Knight to use. I'll have to scour through them to find it, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Based on recent blue post, the system is not fully working yet.

If I understood it correctly, you should be able to create outfits on the go, but need to visit a vendor to apply them. Considering they said that outfits can be set so they change based on which spec you are in, it's likely they will be slot-bound instead of item-bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Um, no. In the Legion system there are saved outfit systems where you mog an item to it's appropriate slot. Switching your helm won't change your helm mog because the mog it saved to the helm slot itself for that particular costume setting.

Unless everything they said at both Blizzcon and Gamescom were a lie. I'm not personally on the Alpha to test it this minute, but that was there intent with the new "outfit" system.
    Was pretty sure they got rid of that. At work so can't check, if you check before me let me know, I'm curious.

I did. And the items don't have a class restriction in their tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did. And the items don't have a class restriction in their tooltip.
    The DK starting sets actually have had a class restriction added to them in the alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The DK starting sets actually have had a class restriction added to them in the alpha.
    I see that Wowhead shows the class restriction, but the in-game tooltip does not reflect this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see that Wowhead shows the class restriction, but the in-game tooltip does not reflect this.
    Interesting. Have you checked on other classes? It's possible they changed it so the restrictions only show up if you're not the appropriate class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It's possible they changed it so the restrictions only show up if you're not the appropriate class.
    That seems to be true, at least for the actual items. Here's a screenshot of the tooltip of the item in my inventory (right) and from a clickable item link (left):

As you can see to tooltip on the right doesn't show the class restriction, the one on the left does. Same is true for the artifact weapons: the one for your current spec doesn't show any restriction, the ones for the other specs do show them (like "Requires: Windwalker").