Power Rangers Movie - First Look At Rita Repulsa

Umm....that's not Rita. I'm not sure who this villain is, but she sure as shit ain't Rita.

I mean come on, it's fucking POWER RANGERS. No one is expecting a serious, gritty reboot with new interpretations and revamps of everything. Really, the only thing this movie has going for it is the nostalgia factor, and they don't even have the balls to take this thing all the way and embrace its cheesy nature. I am disappointed to say the least.

15+ Year Old Account
    After 10000 years she's free! It's time to ruin movies!

that's not rita repulsa...

that's like a combination of divatox and the green bug chick in one of the later series.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-04-21 at 03:46 AM.

I am more surprised that Power Rangers is still a thing.

it really doesnt look like her at all...the fan made gritty movie worked well though

10+ Year Old Account
    Would make a better Scorpina design.

No giant crazy wizard lady hat, no sale.

Let's not get too purist with this please? Our childhoods are fine, they are secure, we have them, we will ALWAYS have them.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I wonder if they can borrow the Apocalypse costume from X-Men so they can get Ivan Ooze

Attempting to make a Power Rangers movie without embracing the cheese is a foolhardy endeavour! Though Elizabeth Banks' casting makes me wonder if it'll be entirely serious.

Yes, that looks nothing like Rita. Sadly Machiko Soga is no longer with us

Well, you can always watch the original Power Rangers Movie. That's got cheese galore!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I wonder if they can borrow the Apocalypse costume from X-Men so they can get Ivan Ooze
    Was thinking the same thing :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

As long as she can chuck a staff from space to earth and scream "make my [monster name] grow", i think the franchise will be alright.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Attempting to make a Power Rangers movie without embracing the cheese is a foolhardy endeavour! Though Elizabeth Banks' casting makes me wonder if it'll be entirely serious.

Yes, that looks nothing like Rita. Sadly Machiko Soga is no longer with us

Well, you can always watch the original Power Rangers Movie. That's got cheese galore!
    Have you hugged your Zords today?

Although, I kinda get what they are going for with that costume. It is repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Let's not get too purist with this please? Our childhoods are fine, they are secure, we have them, we will ALWAYS have them.
    There's being a "purist," and then there's expecting that the iconic villain of the original power rangers, and the remake version of her will bear at least a PASSING resemblance. They look nothing alike! Not even if you drink a whole bottle of whiskey and squint really hard. Why even call her Rita Repulsa?

Eh, I don't mind it, and I was all about Power Rangers in my childhood.

Also: the actress who played the original Rita passed away a few years ago, so there is that too. I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to find a replacement who is pretty close to the original, but it doesn't bother me that much that the new one is different, especially if this is a reboot we're talking about.

edit: and the girl who played the original Yellow Ranger died years ago as well. That sucks. I had a major crush on her when I was a kid. :|
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-04-21 at 01:26 PM.