Quote Originally Posted by erthwjim View Post
    I think it's the one with some screenshot she took from a Steam comment harassing her where she was using said steam account and had forgotten to log out of it or something. There is another one, I forget who, where the response to the harassment is time stamped in the same minute the harassment took place, although that one could be 2 accounts as well it's not as blatantly obvious as what Wu did.
    Wouldn't be the first time that crowd does that kind of shit, Wu is a pathological liar anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time that crowd does that kind of shit, Wu is a pathological liar anyways.

I like how they try to portray gamers as some goons from the Russian Mafia or something. "THE WAR ON WOMEN IN GAMING BEGINS SOON, BROTHER."
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I like how they try to portray gamers as some goons from the Russian Mafia or something. "THE WAR ON WOMEN IN GAMING BEGINS SOON, BROTHER."
    Is there anything we aren't now?

Let's count.

Literally Hitler.
    Literally the partiarchy
    Misogynist gamers
    ISIS
    Literally nazis
    Fascists
    MRA's
    Russia mafia'esque gang
    Pathetic weeb manchildren.

At some point we even had certain persons coming inn here and claiming we're just misogynists who actually don't play video games and wanted proof that we did.
    I'm propably missing a good amount, the list is long.

I think it's the one with some screenshot she took from a Steam comment harassing her where she was using said steam account and had forgotten to log out of it or something. There is another one, I forget who, where the response to the harassment is time stamped in the same minute the harassment took place, although that one could be 2 accounts as well it's not as blatantly obvious as what Wu did.
    The first one sounds a little like what I was thinking of - a sarcastic steam thread taken seriously?

https://storify.com/Zennistrad/no-ga...her-steam-thre

- - - Updated - - -

So just to check, which of these is the voices telling you is Brianna Wu? And not just people stirring shit for kicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruffertus View Post
    So just to check, which of these is the voices telling you is Brianna Wu? And not just people stirring shit for kicks?
    Where did i say this was Brianna Wu?

Not that i expect anything serious coming out of you anyways, we have established you're just here to shitpost and not actually have any mature discussion or debate, or opening your fucking mind to our views a long time ago.

Carry on.

Also fucking please, Brianna Wu defending Brianna Wu.
    "This is a fantastic example of how anything Brianna says or does being changed to make her look bad and then attacked with."

Do you honestly expect us to take you seriously?
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-04-20 at 10:39 AM.

So, where I'm discussing the claim "I know that Brianna Wu got caught using a second account to harass herself", you're establishing that some people somewhere are false flagging, and add "Wouldn't be the first time that crowd does that kind of shit, Wu is a pathological liar anyways", but you're not saying that any of the false flagging is actually Brianna Wu? I believe some people would call that sort of behaviour moving the goalposts!

Not that i expect anything serious coming out of you anyways, we have established you're just here to shitpost and not actually have any mature discussion or debate, or opening your fucking mind to our views a long time ago.
    Well, there's a difference between understanding your views and agreeing with them, right?

So, where I'm discussing the claim "I know that Brianna Wu got caught using a second account to harass herself", you're establishing that some people somewhere are false flagging, and add "Wouldn't be the first time that crowd does that kind of shit, Wu is a pathological liar anyways", but you're not saying that any of the false flagging is actually Brianna Wu? I believe some people would call that sort of behaviour moving the goalposts!

Well, there's a difference between understanding your views and agreeing with them, right?
    I didn't respond to you in the first place, get the fuck off your high horse, or rather, fuck off.
    You're shitposting, and it's blatantly obvious.

You keep using that word - I do not think it means what you think it means.

You keep using that word - I do not think it means what you think it means.
    401 posts, every single post in this thread.
    You're not here to discuss, you're here to stir shit up, shitpost, throw pathetic little insults around and just troll. Stop pretending otherwise.

Please post respectfully and productively. Infracted -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-04-20 at 04:03 PM.

Apparently the topic must now grind to a halt and be all about what Gruffertus is talking about.

Again.

401 posts, every single post in this thread.
    You're not here to discuss, you're here to stir shit up, shitpost, throw pathetic little insults around and just troll. Stop pretending otherwise.
    That's... not even slightly true, and remarkably easy to check.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/search.p...91&pp=&page=11

I am more invested in this thread than in the rest of MMO-Champion - the other threads don't relate to something that affects what people think about me when I say I'm a gamer.
    Last edited by Gruffertus; 2016-04-20 at 11:33 AM.

Gratz, you have some posts that isn't in this thread, bravo.

Doesn't change the fact that all you do is sit in this thread and shitpost.

Gratz, you have some posts that isn't in this thread, bravo.

Doesn't change the fact that all you do is sit in this thread and shitpost.
    Again with that word, and the not understanding!

I have a spare lunchtime, so let's break this down slooooow.

I don't of course feel the need to comment on everything here - a lot of it is arguments that I've had before, some of it is stuff I actually agree with (the Deep Freeze links about the MSV Spanish Review Camp - that's good stuff, do more of that!).

tehhealadin said something that sounded familiar and I said maybe, maybe not. I didn't say "hey stupidhead you got this wrong", I just suggested that, to the best of my knowledge, prove wasn't the best word here - but I might be thinking of something different to tehhealadin.

(I'm open to Edge- coming along and saying "This isn't on-topic", of course - my defense is that the thing I'm thinking of is actually videogame related)

erthwrmjm came along and said roughly what I was expecting. The level of imprecision ("I think.." / "or something" / getting the actual details wrong) is kind of irking, but then that's asymmetric warfare for you - I couldn't rationally hold GG to the same standards as journalists.

(I didn't mention anything about the second claim, did I? It's not good news there either. https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct...osed_image_is/)

Then you posted saying (exact quotes, I know you get snippy when I attempt a summary) "Wouldn't be the first time that crowd does that kind of shit, Wu is a pathological liar anyways", and posted a bunch of imgurs, apparently of false flags.

So I'm assuming this is something to do with the discussion, right? You wouldn't just be ... shitposting?

But from what you say, those imgurs have nothing to do with Brianna Wu, so as far as I can see, you've got no links that "Wu is a pathological liar", you've got no links that tie any of this in with "that crowd", you definitely wouldn't anyway be tarring Wu with people you assume she shares views with, because you hate it when that happens to you, right?

So I'm guessing you meant to include something relevant and you cut and paste the wrong thing? Four times? Is that about right?

Again with that word, and the not understanding!

I have a spare lunchtime, so let's break this down slooooow.

I don't of course feel the need to comment on everything here - a lot of it is arguments that I've had before, some of it is stuff I actually agree with (the Deep Freeze links about the MSV Spanish Review Camp - that's good stuff, do more of that!).

tehhealadin said something that sounded familiar and I said maybe, maybe not. I didn't say "hey stupidhead you got this wrong", I just suggested that, to the best of my knowledge, prove wasn't the best word here - but I might be thinking of something different to tehhealadin.

(I'm open to Edge- coming along and saying "This isn't on-topic", of course - my defense is that the thing I'm thinking of is actually videogame related)

erthwrmjm came along and said roughly what I was expecting. The level of imprecision ("I think.." / "or something" / getting the actual details wrong) is kind of irking, but then that's asymmetric warfare for you - I couldn't rationally hold GG to the same standards as journalists.

(I didn't mention anything about the second claim, did I? It's not good news there either. https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct...osed_image_is/)

Then you posted saying (exact quotes, I know you get snippy when I attempt a summary) "Wouldn't be the first time that crowd does that kind of shit, Wu is a pathological liar anyways", and posted a bunch of imgurs, apparently of false flags.

So I'm assuming this is something to do with the discussion, right? You wouldn't just be ... shitposting?

But from what you say, those imgurs have nothing to do with Brianna Wu, so as far as I can see, you've got no links that "Wu is a pathological liar", you've got no links that tie any of this in with "that crowd", you definitely wouldn't anyway be tarring Wu with people you assume she shares views with, because you hate it when that happens to you, right?

So I'm guessing you meant to include something relevant and you cut and paste the wrong thing? Four times? Is that about right?
    I still did not respond to you, fuck off.

I still did not respond to you, fuck off.
    Gruffertus has graced us with his presence and you had damn well better be talking to him when he does so!

Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-04-20 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Gruffertus has graced us with his presence and you had damn well better be talking to him when he does so!
    I am a filthy peasant, i am not even fit to lick his boot, i am simply just not worthy, thus it's better that Gruffy boy goes somewhere else and grace someone else with his angelic presence.

In other news. The market for click bait adverts is dropping.

http://adland.tv/adnews/gawker-traff...icks/834796712

a link pulled from the above article for convenience.
    http://adland.tv/adnews/buzzfeed-mis...-lot/431688065

Gawker's all-time high was a steady traffic stream of around 80 million, which was in August 2014, you can watch the decline hit after October of 2014. It's been a steady stroll downhill ever since.
    Gee, I wonder why...

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I didn't want to take the time to go find it, it happened months ago and I don't generally save all this stuff and only remember the general ideas not the exact details months later, but then you used generalizations to bring it up as well ("if it's the thing I'm thinking of"), so it's not like I was trying to be imprecise, I was just replying in kind, I thought you might be referring to that steam post, hence the I think... as in I think that is what you were referring to. More or less it's something that is in a long list of things Brianna Wu has been disingenuous about. But here's a tweet about the post since you thought I got the details wrong for something you never specifically provided the details for: (https://tweetsave.com/spacekatgal/st...07178617348096), although I'm not sure if said post exists anymore, even in archive format, but she claims she made that post so all harassment could be in one place. Perhaps it was, perhaps she said that in hindsight after being caught, I'm not sure, I can only speculate to her reasons, but that seems to be all the rage on both sides of the gg and agg debate.

And same with the other tweet I was referencing where a screenshot was made within the same minute as the tweet occurred, I can probably find it if I look hard enough, but you're already set in your opinion "the class of things that are only convincing if you're already convinced." Meaning no amount of evidence will change what you're convinced you're already convinced of either.
    Last edited by erthwjim; 2016-04-21 at 07:27 AM.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Sure, but that's all I mean - "I can only speculate to her reasons" means it doesn't fit the initial frame of "I know that Brianna Wu got caught using a second account to harass herself".

Reading back, my complaint about your summary is the bit about "some screenshot she took from a Steam comment harassing her" - it was GG who took up the steam thread as an incident, she didn't claim it was an example of harassment (which would be dumb, what with her name there and all).

But yeah, it was a little snippy on my part, sorry about that - I didn't mean to single you out, I just get pissed off in general that war is being waged on the basis of folklore rather than details (and I know this happens on both sides).

I posted a link above for (what I think is) the subject of the second paragraph: https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct...osed_image_is/

"the class of things that are only convincing if you're already convinced." Meaning no amount of evidence will change what you're convinced you're already convinced of either.
    Ah no, that's not what I mean at all! I mean the evidence for this will only work to convince you she's crooked if you already think she's crooked - you couldn't show it to someone who'd never heard of her and say "Clearly she's lying about what she's doing here" - there's no smoking gun.