Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard's Design Philosophy of pandering towards vocal minorities.

Anyone else think that despite its age, this still represents Blizzard' attitude of pandering towards vocal minorities? Such as the whole flying fiasco; some felt very passionately over both sides of the argument however the vast majority of the player base didn't give a shit. What do you think?
    (Try to ignore the fact that Totalbiscuit made this, i know he's not too widely liked on here)

Quote Originally Posted by Zardeth View Post

Anyone else think that despite its age, this still represents Blizzard' attitude of pandering towards vocal minorities? Such as the whole flying fiasco; some felt very passionately over both sides of the argument however the vast majority of the player base didn't give a shit. What do you think?
    (Try to ignore the fact that Totalbiscuit made this, i know he's not too widely liked on here)
    You can basically separate any larger group of people into tiny little pockets based on whatever you want and then dismiss them as a minority. Sometimes "Vocal minority" is a legitimate argument. But when you're talking about something like a video game it's just pure intellectual laziness.

Deleted
    I don't care anymore tbh, I think too many people QQ far too much over video games to the point gamers are getting a reputation as whiny bitches

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care what Blizzard does, I play the games if I enjoy them or I don't. Both sides of any issue are cringe worthy as fuck and I need to take my own advice and quit getting involved in the pointless debates over flying/butts and whatever pixel nonsense people are working themselves up into a frothing rage over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't care anymore tbh, I think too many people QQ far too much over video games to the point gamers are getting a reputation as whiny bitches
    I wonder if this also happens with other videogames, or just WoW/MMO's?

Maybe people are just way too attached to it because of their time investment over the years.

WoW is basically the only game in 2016 that you could play, that doesn't have legitimate and sensible movement physics.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    WoW is basically the only game in 2016 that you could play, that doesn't have legitimate and sensible movement physics.
    It feels so smooth because of that imo. You press Left, the hero goes - 0 to 25 speed units LEFT.
    In other games, there's the acceleration (or the impression of it) when the character model moves. Makes things feel sluggish, like a Starcraft Science Vessel.

I think it's dead on accurate. And what's most pathetic is the fact that continuously taking this approach did not keep or maintain the sub level at 12mil, let alone 10mil, let alone 8mil, let alone 6mil - see where I am going with this. Blizzard panders to the vocal minority for the last 5 years and WOW hemorrhages subs as a result.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I wonder if this also happens with other videogames, or just WoW/MMO's?

Maybe people are just way too attached to it because of their time investment over the years.
    Unfortunately it happens on other games, just read Steam forums it's embarrassing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    It feels so smooth because of that imo. You press Left, the hero goes - 0 to 25 speed units LEFT.
    In other games, there's the acceleration (or the impression of it) when the character model moves. Makes things feel sluggish, like a Starcraft Science Vessel.
    One of the major reasons I never stick with new MMOs. The combat always feels so god damn sluggish because the movement is so jerky. If there's one thing WoW does better than any MMO on the market its fluidity of movement

Deleted
    Unfortunately it happens on other games, just read Steam forums it's embarrassing
    Really? Well, WoW is the only videogame I even play anymore so I'll pass the suggestion if you don't mind

In the good ol' days we just slammed a cartridge in a grey box and played to have fun. Maybe if we had internet, we would also have done this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I think it's dead on accurate. And what's most pathetic is the fact that continuously taking this approach did not keep or maintain the sub level at 12mil, let alone 10mil, let alone 8mil, let alone 6mil - see where I am going with this. Blizzard panders to the vocal minority for the last 5 years and WOW hemorrhages subs as a result.
    Certainly couldn't be because it's over a decade old right? It's not rocket science to realize subs will lower regardless of content when the competition increases

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    There's plenty of great games where acceleration is a thing that don't feel sluggish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Many companies now cater and pander towards vocal minorities. Welcome to the modern era where the biggest whiner gets the biggest reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Really? Well, WoW is the only videogame I even play anymore so I'll pass the suggestion if you don't mind

In the good ol' days we just slammed a cartridge in a grey box and played to have fun. Maybe if we had internet, we would also have done this
    I think it's due to the internet giving said people a platform. Back in the old days said comments were limited to 2 pages of a magazine or school playground

Gamers can complain to other gamers in a gaming community about games without being seen as pathetic. Please get off your high horses lol. We're here bcuz we're passionate about games and want to discuss them. If we weren't passionate or didn't care to discuss and have differing views, we wouldn't be on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard no longer has a vision for their game. They do what they think will keep subscribers around, which has backfired on them. The shutdown of nostalgia sent shock waves across the internet, and with it a clear message to Blizzard. Nobody likes how modern WoW has become. It's not a fun game anymore. There's 101+ reasons for this, but it's clear that Blizzard needs to go back and look at what they did wrong.

WoW means a lot more to a people than just being a game. Don't be an ass and go "lol its just a game". Its called getting passionate and I don't see anyone complain about any other media having people do the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    There's plenty of great games where acceleration is a thing that don't feel sluggish.
    I actually prefer FFXIV movement over WoWs... Just feels fluid

Okay back to the premise of the OP.

Most players DGAF about flying. <-- So sayeth OP

Okay.

So then that means you have a vocal minority who wanted flying removed. (which is utter bullshit, it was just a bunch of fanboys screaming in agreement with everything Blizzard does to please Senpai).

And a vocal minority that wanted to keep it.

What decision would not be pandering to a vocal minority? Because you claim that most players didn't care. So making any decision at all would be pandering to a vocal minority?

Oh, looks like you done got caught in some bee-es.