Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What percentage of subbed players actually raid mythic hellfire?

Is there any information about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    According to some sources like only 15% of the WoW population clears or raids in mythic successfully. I would not take my word for it though.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

http://www.wowprogress.com/

Do the maths from there.

9,381 guilds have killed the first boss on mythic. 1,452 guilds have killed the final boss on mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by shenrai View Post
    Is there any information about that?
    There's not as far as I am aware, but seeing as there's almost 10k kills of HFA on mythic, and assuming an average roster of 25 that's 250k players. Add half-guild raids and pugging into it (since wowprogress only tracks guild kills with 11 or more people being from the same guild, as far as I know) and you're looking at, what, 350k players. That's the ballpark of it, I'd say 5-7% of the playerbase has maybe killed a mythic boss in HFC?

Obviously that number is wrong for a multitude of reasons, but you can take it as an estimated guess.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-04-21 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We can multiple that by 20 (because 20 = mythic raidsize), come up with 200 000 ppl in mythic and 30 000 having an Archi kill.
    Not really, some guilds can have multiple players(something like being in a one guild -> killing first mythic boss, going to another guild -> killing another mythic boss) and alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/

Do the maths from there.

9,381 guilds have killed the first boss on mythic. 1,452 guilds have killed the final boss on mythic.
    We can multiple that by 20 (because 20 = mythic raidsize), come up with 200 000 ppl in mythic and 30 000 having an Archi kill.

Now we just need 200 pages dealing with the question how many people are subbed based on any random hunch, feeling and crystal ball.
    These don't quite work out.
    1. My alts have killed M bosses in multiple ways that doesn't show the correct stats. 1 has PUGed with people who has never guild raided M before so none of the ~23 people show up in a guild to be counted on there. Another w guild that counts but I'd be in 2 guild kill counts but only 1 person

2. Many guilds break up then reform but as long as there's 11 people in the new guild who were in the old one that "new" guild will have their kill counted again. IE on our server this guild has 5 members left from the original yet still count as a guild kill, and the new reformed one also counts as having the kill back then despite not even existing at the time being formed only at the start of this month.

Noticed this because after our kill we've been slowly dropping ranking despite being at 13/13 from other guilds who have killed earlier reforming under a new name. All of these situations would double count M kills or clears

3. From #2 splits, not all guilds counted as having cleared or a kill will have 20+ people in it. From the many servers I'm on it seems pretty common that some guilds w people who don't get along just have a mass exodus as soon as the xpac is cleared to just be guildless or reform w the people they like

Deleted
    Not that it actually matters.

Different people enjoy different content.

I enjoy my mythic raiding for example compared to my brother who enjoys the occasional LFR due to working full time.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-04-21 at 02:59 PM.

There are several sites online that compile statistics from the armory based on achievements. Mythic HFC ranges from:

Mythic: Hellfire Assault 11.9%
    Mythic: Archimonde 2.2%

Well...sure...what would your guess be then? I am aware that when we raided, saaay 25 man ICC that really in the end 35 ppl had that Arthas kill. And now there are ppl who buy a kill, who may be guildless or in a guild that doesn't raid. Question is, what difference is that from my numbers

Or worse..if people want percentages and I say 30 000 killed Archy and 5 million are subbed, people will mainly question that sub number ^^
    there is one more problem that they are not covering - the number of people who did kill the boss but stoped raiding , same number of guilds that killed few mythic bosses and died and there is fuckton of those - the number of active/alive mythic raiders/guilds would be much much lower

The percentage is going up now because this is the tail end of the last tier, and players who aren't "really" mythic raiders are at the point of trying it (with gear accumulation, valor upgrading, and maxed-out legendary rings).

For example: even I am going to try raiding the intro bosses to M HFC now -- and I'm a champion of the casual viewpoint on these forums.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2016-04-27 at 02:56 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

I enjoy my mythic raiding for example compared to my brother who enjoys the occasional LFR due to working full time.
    Those aren't mutually exclusive though, I work full time and still do Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Those aren't mutually exclusive though, I work full time and still do Mythic
    FT job, 5 toons at 740 or higher, each with 795 rings and at least 11/13M progress (13/13M on two).

...my secret? Don't sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

...my secret? Don't sleep.
    Totally know the feeling

I need my sleep, work full time, school part time, and a wife... However I dont raid mythic, because I'm unsubbed

Well at this point into the content lull and gear inflation probably quite a few.

Deleted
    Stable Guilds?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd assume the percentage would go up the longer this tier has gone on due to casual player dropoff being more of a thing. Percentage-wise Mythic players who actually have something to do are probably more likely to stick around.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    I have no idea.

My guild cleared 13/13M a while ago but I don't know if we clear the entire raid each week, it usually depends. Sometimes we just do Manno/Archi and sometimes we do upper and sometimes we do the whole lot. It depends how good a week we're having.

But I think people like me are more likely to remain subscribed for our guild's sakes, also for alt runs and doing smaller things with other guildmates. My main stopped being fun a long time ago, right now I have fun playing my alts and progressing them in our heroic alt runs and eventually bringing them into our Mythic runs if setup allows it.

I will say my guild plays a major role in why I'm still subscribed, as I consider them my friends and I enjoy playing alongside them. I want to progress with them in Legion. I'm holding out for Legion, and keeping my fingers crossed that it's a solid expansion.

Deleted
    1500 guilds with m-archi kill = 30,000 players give or take. If current sub count is somewhere in 3-4m ballpark, that's under 1% of playerbase clearing mythic ALMOST A YEAR after the content came out.

The % of all raiding guilds ending up at mythic mode cleared is much lower than it was in similarly long patches, such as 4.3 or 5.4. At the end of 5.4 SOO completion rate was about 12% (on heroic), not 2.2% like currently. Guess the 20-man barrier is steep with this low sub count and people leaving the game all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    1500 guilds with m-archi kill = 30,000 players give or take.
    It doesn't change much but I estimate that players are fewer than usually estimated because a lot of high performance players partake in raiding on 2 or more raid groups, asian guilds are into a pug culture that is very fluid, and wowprogress is known lately to mess up the ranking with duplicate listings in the middle of progress.