Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    First, there is no "community" in WoW anymore, just a playerbase. And the playerbase has been split into realms from day one, so I don't see the problem here.
    Oh so there is no community in WoD because you say so? K.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Personally, I get the "Vanilla" thing, but i played Wow from day one. If i ever get a chance to play vanilla wow, it will be fun for the first day or so, after that i will want to go back to the current game. Some people don't realize that the feeling you had way back then will never come back.
    When I joined Nostalrius I fully expected to get bored within a week or two. It seemed the most probable to me. I wasn't prepared for what happened. I ended up with 50 days played, full T2, innumerable dungeons and a thirst for more.

I found a game that, for me, just was way better than retail.

Personally, I get the "Vanilla" thing, but i played Wow from day one. If i ever get a chance to play vanilla wow, it will be fun for the first day or so, after that i will want to go back to the current game. Some people don't realize that the feeling you had way back then will never come back.
    Lol whatever dude, doing MC for the 50th is so totally fun. So is the 1-2 ability/autoattack dps rotations and shitty boss mechanics.

I digress, but I will never believe people who say Vanilla is better than current WoW. They are either lying, have no money, bored, or just have never played current WoW.

If you claim WotLK is better, you might have an argument. But I would still side with current WoW(minus WoD).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh so there is no community in WoD because you say so? K.
    There isn't because there simply isn't. It has nothing to do what I say.

Have you heard Nostralius? A vanilla server with 150k active players recently shutdown by Blizzard?

There isn't because there simply isn't. It has nothing to do what I say.
    *psst* You're wrong.

Go check out Tanaan, Ashran, the zones in WoD where people are questing. It is still there. Trade chat is still a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Lol whatever dude, doing MC for the 50th is so totally fun. So is the 1-2 ability/autoattack dps rotations and shitty boss mechanics.

I digress, but I will never believe people who say Vanilla is better than current WoW. They are either lying, have no money, bored, or just have never played current WoW.

If you claim WotLK is better, you might have an argument. But I would still side with current WoW(minus WoD).
    At least you admit you won't believe anything anybody else is claiming anyway. That's mighty noble of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeniwyn View Post
    When I joined Nostalrius I fully expected to get bored within a week or two. It seemed the most probable to me. I wasn't prepared for what happened. I ended up with 50 days played, full T2, innumerable dungeons and a thirst for more.

I found a game that, for me, just was way better than retail.
    And I hope Blizzard is actually listening learning from this. They were clearly completely wrong about their idiotic "you think you do, but you don't" opinion. Many, many people actually do want vanilla style gameplay back. While a minority likes the current design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair a lot of them left the game too, I wonder what reasons some of them had. Maybe the nostalgia wore off.

And what portion is 'most'?
    I think the retention rates for Nost were comparable if not better than most f2p MMO retention rates. That said, sure there were a lot of people who didn't like it as much as they thought it would, but 150k active players (and more, since that's only the last 7 days) did like it. And that's only a subset of the potential audience.

As for the second part, there's a bunch of people talking about their experiences on nost. Check out what they say, you'll see that for a lot of people, it was their best gaming experience in years.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Go check out Tanaan, Ashran, the zones in WoD where people are questing. It is still there. Trade chat is still a thing.
    Is that what you consider "communities"? We're clearly talking about very different things. I'm talking about communities in the sense we had in vanilla and TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Really? I take it you won't buy Legion? Or ever subscribe to WoW? And you know for a FACT nobody who is crying for Vanilla right now wouldn't settle for buying and playing Legion instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    More like Blizzard won't get any money for giving you that choice, so they might as well not buy a soccer ball for you if you're just gonna play with the doll house instead. Can you follow an argument from the start, or are you too scared to face reality?
    WoD have lost over 5 million subs, to the point blizzard decided to not report subs anymore.. and you believe that people will play with the dolls no matter what? I can perfectly follow the argument, but I cannot understand what makes you think that players will play with the dolls if there is no soccer ball...the facts show otherwise.

I will tell you what I honestly think will happen. Legacy servers will bring x people in that not playing wow anymore because they dont like current wow. There are also y players that like current wow and will not play on legacy servers.

There is a third group of players, the z team, that even if they dont like the direction blizzard take the game, they always buy the new expansion and play for a month or 2 (majority of WoD players, and this is where I am too).

When there is a new expansion or a major content patch, group z moves onto retail wow and play there. When there is a content drought, team z moves onto their legacy character. If there wasnt a legacy server, team z would just end their subscription until the next expansion.

So a legacy server, will bring a new playerbase, the playerbase x while at the same time, will keep playerbase z occupied and subscribed when there is a period of no content...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I think the retention rates for Nost were comparable if not better than most f2p MMO retention rates. That said, sure there were a lot of people who didn't like it as much as they thought it would, but 150k active players (and more, since that's only the last 7 days) did like it. And that's only a subset of the potential audience.

As for the second part, there's a bunch of people talking about their experiences on nost. Check out what they say, you'll see that for a lot of people, it was their best gaming experience in years.
    Sure people that were happy about it would talk about it, but many of the ones that left or were unhappy about it wouldn't say much. So it begins to look like a positive sounding board. However people have no problem going to public WoW forums and places like mmo-champ to voice their displeasure. It is a different beast.

And I hope Blizzard is actually listening learning from this. They were clearly completely wrong about their idiotic "you think you do, but you don't" opinion. Many, many people actually do want vanilla style gameplay back. While a minority likes the current design.
    Actually majority likes the current game and its only because Blizzard is dictating their game. They have no choice but to like current game. I am sure more people will actually enjoy vanilla more than current bulshit facebook farmville clone.

I have to ask, Is there anything preventing people from signing this more than once?

Is that what you consider "communities"? We're clearly talking about very different things. I'm talking about communities in the sense we had in vanilla and TBC.
    Where you group up to kill a monster in the world or do a quest in the world. yeah, same shit still happens in WoD. People have group quests and they just use group finder to get the group done quickly. Sure beats wailing in /general chat trying to find people doing the same thing.

And besides group finder people still use /general chat to organize groups, happens in Tanaan all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smetz View Post
    I have to ask, Is there anything preventing people from signing this more than once?
    Oh hell no. People can sign it with fake names and such as well. Few people earlier in the thread were pointing out fake looking names and posting names they signed under.

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    So is Onyxia still a 40 people - level 60 - raid? Really?

Is the stuff I bought still there? Really?
    Who cares if it is level 60 or for 40 people? Who cares what you could buy? Those are insignificant technical details without any relationship to the game world or story.

WoW "outdoor PvP" is just a gankfest as there are no consequences in killing other players and no risk. Even Asian PvP-only games handle that better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure people that were happy about it would talk about it, but many of the ones that left or were unhappy about it wouldn't say much. So it begins to look like a positive sounding board. However people have no problem going to public WoW forums and places like mmo-champ to voice their displeasure. It is a different beast.
    As long as there's enough people that are happy, the others don't really matter all that much. You just need enough happy people to make a profit.
    There's also what Papajohn said above you, it will make a group of players keep their subscription during content droughts, which is another form of extra income.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Smetz View Post
    No, like any online petition you can fake your name so long as you have multiple email accounts.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Where you group up to kill a monster in the world or do a quest in the world. yeah, same shit still happens in WoD. People have group quests and they just use group finder to get the group done quickly. Sure beats wailing in /general chat trying to find people doing the same thing.

And besides group finder people still use /general chat to organize groups, happens in Tanaan all the time.
    I mean actual communities, not this superficial group finding crap.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    As long as there's enough people that are happy, the others don't really matter all that much. You just need enough happy people to make a profit.
    There's also what Papajohn said above you, it will make a group of players keep their subscription during content droughts, which is another form of extra income.
    Who knows when and for how long the next content drought will last though. I imagine a year or so after Legion is out. I'm not sure I can put much faith in Blizz giving us more content or faster expansions yet until they deliver on that.

But if that somehow happens then the drought might not be there for those servers. But again I hella don't see that scenario happening.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean actual communities, not this superficial group finding crap.
    Dude i don't know what to tell you. You think community is yelling in general chat for a group, forming up, exchanging a few pleasantries and killing mobs. Same shit happens everywhere in WoD. Just is less talking and more action now.

What you want is populated RP realms :P