Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Once again, there's a difference between undercutting and targeted undercutting
    What difference is that?

Once again, there's a difference between undercutting and targeted undercutting
    No, there isn't. If I wanted to pick a random person and undercut them all day every day it is fine. Auction house is like a PvP environment. If someone is destroying your market you just have to deal with it and either fight back or get out of the market.

I spent nice chunks of time in MoP fighting over the gem market and I had no problem letting people know I was going to be undercutting them all day until they gave up. Hours later those people would give up after having to repost their gems every 30 seconds to a minute.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    No, there isn't. If I wanted to pick a random person and undercut them all day every day it is fine. Auction house is like a PvP environment. If someone is destroying your market you just have to deal with it and either fight back or get out of the market.
    Not when the kid is harassing him in trade chat.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Not when the kid is harassing him in trade chat.
    Reposting the same item as someone and selling it for a lower price is not harassment. Did that as well. Someone is selling X item for 500g. I have said item on the AH as well. I'm not selling it for 475. They undercut that and so on. That isn't harassment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    How in the world does being undercut constitute harassment? You sound like the type of person who enjoys being a victim just so you can cry about it.
    "Then here the other day I was trying to sell it in tradechat, I lowered my value from what I had sold earlier by 20k or something, and someone who did not understand why I lowered my price and did not wait for me to respond to him, asked me if I was a gold seller (I have no clue why he thought lowering my price meant I was a gold seller but no matter). Then the player who had been targeting me said "Yes, report him!" and started a flame war in chat against me, telling people to report me, and several people answered that they would. "

This is herassment

The other part isnt.

You sound like a 12 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    "Then here the other day I was trying to sell it in tradechat, I lowered my value from what I had sold earlier by 20k or something, and someone who did not understand why I lowered my price and did not wait for me to respond to him, asked me if I was a gold seller (I have no clue why he thought lowering my price meant I was a gold seller but no matter). Then the player who had been targeting me said "Yes, report him!" and started a flame war in chat against me, telling people to report me, and several people answered that they would. "

This is herassment

The other part isnt.

Sorry we need more details than a person going "report him" and then "started a flame war in chat".
    False reporting likely wouldn't do much and turning around and reporting that person likely won't do much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charge #1: Undercutting on AH and Trade Chat. It's a player run economy, they're allowed to do whatever they want with the item. if they want to sell it for 10g, fuck it let them. He has committed no reportable offenses here.

Charge #2: Trade Chat Harassment. This is not allowed. Him calling you a bot and telling people to report you for being a bot is harassment, and should be dealt with by way of the in-game report feature. Be sure to include TIMES and DATES of these instances of harassment so Blizzard can look it up easier in their logs.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Undercutting on the AH is not something he'll get in trouble for, but starting flame wars against you in chat, falsely reporting you and calling you a bot on the other hand...

Screenshot as much as you can, dates and times and all that jazz and report his ass.

How in the world does being undercut constitute harassment? You sound like the type of person who enjoys being a victim just so you can cry about it.
    And you come across as the kind of person who doesn't read a post properly before answering.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-21 at 03:27 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry we need more details than a person going "report him" and then "started a flame war in chat".
    False reporting likely wouldn't do much and turning around and reporting that person likely won't do much.
    Maybe you're just too dense to comprehend clear, definitive facts because you'd rather argue on an online forum in an effort to get your TrollStroll on

Maybe you're just too dense to comprehend clear, definitive facts because you'd rather argue on an online forum in an effort to get your TrollStroll on
    Really, did you break down the original post? It does not give clear details on what happens. Look at this, they say "Then the player who had been targeting me said "Yes, report him!" and started a flame war in chat against me, telling people to report me, and several people answered that they would."

So some context would be great. More details would be wonderful. Hell person could have been saying "Lolz they are a botter, look at them list the item in trade every time I do, report em!"

Think Blizz is gonna take action over that? Unlikely. More info is needed before you drop the hammer.

And 'clear, definitive facts' my ass. Those were not provided in the thread from the OP.

Deleted
    Telling people to report someone on a false presumption is herassment.

You dont need any info mroe info then that. If you dont believe the OP thats allright. it wont make a difference either way.

If what the OP says is true this is reason to report. Thats all we can go on

Maybe you're just too dense to comprehend clear, definitive facts because you'd rather argue on an online forum
    The irony is too much for me to handle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undercutting is not harassment, whether on AH or trade chat. Grow some balls and quit crying.

Deleted
    I bet most things are to be fair

This is herassment

The other part isnt.

OP engages in a flame war and I'm the child? Sorry I have no sympathy for someone wanting a pity party.

If I had to take a guess I'd say the OP paid real money for a TCG item expecting a certain return on their investment. Now they're upset that their desired profit margin is being denied.

My best advice is don't respond to this person. And if they're unwilling to sell below their price then they will just have to wait it out.

Deleted
    OP engages in a flame war and I'm the child? Sorry I have no sympathy for someone wanting a pity party.

If I had to take a guess I'd say the OP paid real money for a TCG item expecting a certain return on their investment. Now they're upset that their desired profit margin is being denied.

My best advice is don't respond to this person. And if they're unwilling to sell below their price then they will just have to wait it out.
    I dont care about all the useless side info. Most times on MMO-C you have to cut through a lot of bs to get to the core just like now.

Is what the guy did herassment? If what the OP is saying is true, then yes.

If you dont believe him for whatever reason then you cant really bring anything constructive to the thread

If someone for whatever reason starts telling people to report you for something that isnt true you need to take action and not just ignore him.

EDIT:
    Obviously starting a discussion in trade chat about is is never the right thing to do. Like literally having a conversation in trade chat never amounts to anything good anyway.
    But reporting is the right way to go about it.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-04-21 at 03:40 PM.

Telling people to report someone on a false presumption is herassment.

You dont need any info mroe info then that. If you dont believe the OP thats allright. it wont make a difference either way.

If what the OP says is true this is reason to report. Thats all we can go on
    there is such a thing called context. If you don't think trade has "lol report person for X" circlejerks that never get action taken against them then that is on you. There are such things as REAL harassment in trade and that isn't one of them from the story provided.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree good sir. Don't stray from under that bridge too long

Deleted
    there is such a thing called context. If you don't think trade has "lol report person for X" circlejerks that never get action taken against them then that is on you. There are such things as REAL harassment in trade and that isn't one of them from the story provided.
    Thats a pretty dumbass analogy. its like saying if someone kicks you once its not assault because other people gets kicked 20 times.

Post your item.
    Wait for him to undercut.
    Buy his item.
    Relist your item at the higher price.