Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    I have no problem accepting fault with a bad opinion as long as you accept the fact that you might of misunderstood me, what I meant was that its April, we are still in Alpha and now we have an August release date. Where is the Closed beta? where is the Open Beta? Man Internet people sure are quick to tear you a new one.
    I would accept that. However, you should also understand that the word "alpha" really doesnt mean anything. The alpha we have right now is nothing like any wow alpha that has come before it, and is as complete as any beta theyve had for this game -- and that is really what matters. Closed beta will likely start soon. Open beta is something theyve never done anyway.

The only thing that looks boring is the mission board. Its just a blind copy of the Garrison UI. If they make a new UI for it would be awesome.

Deleted
    it looks very lazy. it feels like wod. same kinda setting, same art style, same boring shit.

Legion looks like it will be a lot more fun and less lazy than wod was. Garrisons were a cop out to avoid having to put more work into quest making ( taking away flying doesn't make the quests better. If the quest is good then its good). Ability pruning was a way to make balancing classes more easy even though they didn't anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    The only thing that looks boring is the mission board. Its just a blind copy of the Garrison UI. If they make a new UI for it would be awesome.
    It's not a major part of the gameplay, got to 110 and have yet to find any use for the mission board, and the few missions I would've had any reason to do would be to get quests. Spending the time and resources to create a new UI for it does not really seem like an investment that is either wise or probable that they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Now also to be fair, I am a bit uncertain on when you should count "x months before release" as, but it's unarguably 4 months and a week until 30. August.
    Pre-patch goes live a few weeks before launch. Probably more now due to DHs needing their head start, which is what I accounted for in saying 3 months. It'd be pretty bad in it's current state considering how many people are upset with what their class is now on the forums. Though tbh I think they're done with my class, warriors...Haven't seen any changes for 6+ builds aside everyone getting their taunts back.
    Last edited by F1reheart; 2016-04-21 at 03:46 PM.

Someone who played both WoD and Legion alpha can say the difference between the two?

I know WoD had so much scrapped, but at the current state, how much of what was announced of Legion is beeing delivered?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Someone who played both WoD and Legion alpha can say the difference between the two?

I know WoD had so much scrapped, but at the current state, how much of what was announced of Legion is beeing delivered?
    WoD didnt have that much content scrapped. Its just people loving to blow things out of proportion.

Another question area or whatever wouldnt have made WoD the best expansion

It looks everything BUT lazy, why are you people only searching for negative things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    WoD didnt have that much content scrapped. Its just people loving to blow things out of proportion.

Another question area or whatever wouldnt have made WoD the best expansion
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rds-of-Draenor

WoD had the most content scrapped of any xpac. Sad, because a lot of it looks really amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rds-of-Draenor

WoD had the most content scrapped of any xpac. Sad, because a lot of it looks really amazing.
    Most of that stuff was never announced. You can look up videos like that for other expansions. Try Cataclysm for example.

As i said. People are blowing things out of proportion. Especially this quoted person

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    Pre-patch goes live a few weeks before launch. Probably more now due to DHs needing their head start, which is what I accounted for in saying 3 months. It'd be pretty bad in it's current state considering how many people are upset with what their class is now on the forums. Though tbh I think they're done with my class, warriors...Haven't seen any changes for 6+ builds aside everyone getting their taunts back.
    Prepatch is usually 4-5 weeks (a month-ish), while I have heard rumours of DH being implemented earlier, or that they will have a longer prepatch, something like the cata prepatch, now that is just speculation, so lets assume 4-5 weeks as the previous ones have been.
    The class design is a legit concern, personally as a resto druid we have 2 talents which are fairly competitive in each tier, a few in need of a redesign and a few in need of some numerical buffs.
    PVP looks like a mess, but I simply don't have the information nor do I care much about PVP, and believe that most issues there can be done through the honor talent tree.
    But what I am most concerned about is a rerun of the fiasco that was 6.0 prepatch -> WoD launch, classes were balanced around 100 talents/stats/numbers etc. Will be using hunters as an example they were underperforming in SoO after prepatch doing 13-14k dps, when the median seemed to be around 20k, so they got buffed accordingly (after massive outcries from the community), when WoD hit, hunters were doing just about 50% above the median for WoD, and were pretty much broken. You could basically just check patch notes on who got buffed during prepatch, to see which class/spec was performing best in HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    Are you this naive? or are you just trying to bust my balls here. Alpha is Alpha, you do not release a product and have only a small amount of your player base test it then call it good to go. There are streamers still finding bugs in the game today, and FYI half of them probably do no report them.
    I'm in the Alpha. The "naive" ones are those that don't have access yet claim to know how far ahead it is.
    Blizzard took a different route with testing this time around, but the content available for testing says Beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBro View Post
    I dont have alpha, but i would like to know if legion looks just as lazy and unfinished as WoD is?
    kinda poor choice of words imo

To combine both haters and fanboys: "it looks as great as WoD looked like". Game design is lazy in many areas, the expansion will most definitelly entertain you for about 3-4 months. Rest depends on how are they going to support it further. If it goes WoD route = delayed raid, delayed zone, scrapped islands and stuff, no new dungeons, rehashing old stuff...then the current content of Legion will not be enough.

Its very simple when you think about it.

Deleted
    given the continent is a reusded landmass of pandaria, just like draenor was reused outland. yeah (look at the map, and highmountains for example)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamlag View Post
    given the continent is a reusded landmass of pandaria, just like draenor was reused outland. yeah (look at the map, and highmountains for example)
    Lol, that's one stupid statement. The Broken Isles have been created new from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lol, that's one stupid statement.
    Even that is an understatement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm in the Alpha. The "naive" ones are those that don't have access yet claim to know how far ahead it is.
    Blizzard took a different route with testing this time around, but the content available for testing says Beta.
    I am also in the alpha, I find bugs on a daily basis. The expansion is not ready for release in my humble opinion. You are such a white knight though Rorcanna you suck man, lol.
    Last edited by Demeter; 2016-04-21 at 04:37 PM.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

Deleted
    They surely put more effort into it than into WoD. But still they just mainly relabel already existent ideas in Legion.

World quests are just the same quests and the same dungeon gameplay we would have without the new buzzword.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    It looks everything BUT lazy, why are you people only searching for negative things.

Because its the hipster thing to do. Seriously people expect everything served on a golden platter at this point, or its not good enough. I have my issues with blizzard and things I do not like, but they make a great game, and if half of what I seeing about legion goes live then its amazing.