Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Saying you're a humanist instead of a feminist is the same as saying "all lives matter." It's a refusal to accept that some groups have more problems than others, a refusal to focus on those groups but instead just nebulously saying "everyone should be equal."

Everyone should be a feminist but the word has accrued a stigma in certain circles. But at the end of the day it is about equality - something any sane person should support.
    Exactly, at the end of the day it is about equality.
    But there are different perspectives and methods towards that. Feminism represents a particular ideological perspective of equality, and comes prepackaged with a host of views and methodologies to achieve it.
    Not everyone who wants equality believes in the feminist approach to it, and as such not everyone should be a feminist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    But there are different perspectives and methods towards that. Feminism represents a particular ideological perspective of equality, and comes prepackaged with a host of views and methodologies to achieve it.
    Not everyone who wants equality believes in the feminist approach to it, and as such not everyone should be a feminist.
    Indeed, we all agree on equality, feminism however is a different ideology:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    There is no one feminist approach. It's a global movement which has been around for over a century. I'm a feminist, the women in Xarim's post are also feminists. And yet we have completely different views and I think their views are pretty disgusting. That's my point. There's a preconceived notion that feminists are all a certain way but they aren't. Xarim's examples are by far the minority and from a different era of the movement to boot.

new account, must take thread seriously

kappa.

Saying you're a humanist instead of a feminist is the same as saying "all lives matter." It's a refusal to accept that some groups have more problems than others, a refusal to focus on those groups but instead just nebulously saying "everyone should be equal."
    No, it doesn't. Not at all.

Everyone should be a feminist but the word has accrued a stigma in certain circles. But at the end of the day it is about equality - something any sane person should support.
    No, everyone shouldn't be a feminist. Just like no, everyone shouldn't be a Black Panther, and no, everyone shouldn't be in the KKK, and no, everyone shouldn't be a Muslim, and no, everyone shouldn't be anything other than a humanist.

YOUR inability to see what feminism actually is today is YOUR fault, not everyone else's. Quit trying to place the blame on them. It's squarely on YOUR shoulders.

Equality for EVERYONE is the goal EVERYONE should be after. But YOU can't even get that through your skull. "Whaa, you HAVE to be a feminist, and if you're not, you're saying women are worse than men!!!!!!" Fucking please.

Deleted
    There is no one feminist approach. It's a global movement which has been around for over a century. I'm a feminist, the women in Xarim's post are also feminists. And yet we have completely different views and I think their views are pretty disgusting. That's my point. There's a preconceived notion that feminists are all a certain way but they aren't. Xarim's examples are by far the minority and from a different era of the movement to boot.
    The feminists I quoted, along with the patriarchy/rapeculture/etc narrative is the mainstream of feminism, not a minority fringe

Mainstream feminism is a hate movement against men, the egalitarian feminists are just a minority of confused enablers

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That's not what modern feminism is about.

Also lock this thread. It's painfully obvious that this is bait.

If a woman gets 70 cents for every dollar a man makes that's not fair because the man only gets 30 cents.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    The feminists I quoted, along with the patriarchy/rapeculture/etc narrative is the mainstream of feminism, not a minority fringe

Mainstream feminism is a hate movement against men, the egalitarian feminists are just a minority of confused enablers
    All of those people are from an earlier wave of feminism. A time when sexism was far more overt and the fight for equal rights was much further from completion. An atmosphere which encouraged radicalism.

I've never seen those views said by any feminists except a few cherry picked examples by anti-feminists. And as such I'm not exactly going to trust people with a clear agenda when they say that that is mainstream feminism. I'm a guy, I can't say that I ever feel hated by feminists. They make up some of my most positive interactions online and in real life. Feminists hate behaviours and attitudes which certain groups of men do/have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    If a woman gets 70 cents for every dollar a man makes that's not fair because the man only gets 30 cents.
    buh dum chhh
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

How much of this supposed wage inequality is calculated from the maternity leave that women are entitled too?

I've got a feeling that some over eager radical women are doing some creative accounting to paint the picture that suits their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    How much of this supposed wage inequality is calculated from the maternity leave that women are entitled too?

I've got a feeling that some over eager radical women are doing some creative accounting to paint the picture that suits their agenda.
    In a lot of countries men can take Paternity leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, we should. Not everyone knows what feminism is though; some think it is what Anita Sarkeesian and the like spit out, while those actually aren't feminists by definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

No, no one should be feminist.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yes, we should. Not everyone knows what feminism is though; some think it is what Anita Sarkeesian and the like spit out, while those actually aren't feminists by definition.
    No, most rational people know what feminism is.

The problem is people like you, who don't, and think it's something other than what it actually is. Hint: It's not about equality at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone the Crow View Post
    No, most rational people know what feminism is.

The problem is people like you, who don't, and think it's something other than what it actually is. Hint: It's not about equality at all.
    http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us...glish/feminism

The advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

---

You were saying? And, before you say, "Real feminists are different from dictionary ones"- no, they are not. It is just that some people have appropriated the term and call themselves feminists, while actually they are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

no, I think we should all be dead! #teamedge #fckuimanihilist

No we shouldn't. Not everyone, like you, know what feminism is though.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us...glish/feminism

The advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

---

You were saying? And, before you say, "Real feminists are different from dictionary ones"- no, they are not. It is just that some people have appropriated the term and call themselves feminists, while actually they are not.
    To quote Horton the Elephant: "I said what I meant, and I meant what I said."

It's particularly telling when people like you and others come out, shouting about how "no, we shouldn't be humanists, because that actually means you believe women should be oppressed!!!!!!!!" and other ridiculous nonsense.

Again, if they want equality, they shouldn't have called themselves "feminists." That inherently marks them as believing in inequity. They're as bad as Black Lives Matter.

I'd rather call myself an egalitarian and avoid being associated with the sizeable minority of intellectually bankrupt people who fly the feminist flag.

Also, I get the feeling that a lot of no true Scotsman-ish statements about who is and is not (or what does and does not make) a feminist will be thrown around in this thread. Some likely already have been.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero