Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    Hah, I found that fun as fuck. People spamming GALLEON OH SHIT in every chat channel and the whole server moving there Good times. Oh fucking well boohoo if you didn't get loot. It was still fun and you got to know your server.

Lol I did love me some Galleon spawns, it was so cool to see everyone come zoning into Vot4W. Its was like a major social event, and oh the battles that started /sigh

I miss that

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is exciting for me in a lot of ways.

After we had my son, I haven't been able to commit to a raid schedule. I play quite a bit, but the time blocks are very erratic and random. Sometimes I can play from 12am to 3am. Sometimes from 12pm-3pm. It varies day by day depending on the needs of my work and my family. We're having a baby girl in August too, so I'll be even more busy ><

As such, my favorite things to do as of late are casual BGs/skirmishes and finding things out in the world. Now that pvp gear can be anything you have on, I'll be able to do my two favorite things without having to focus on one or the other. I can spend a few hours doing world quests for some sweet gear one day, and wear it while I do BGs the next. Obviously I won't be pushing rating or anything lacking that top 7% stat difference Blizzard mentioned, but hey that's cool with me.

1. Do world quests for gear and fun.
    2. PvP for cosmetics, fun, and artifact progress.
    3. ???
    4. Profit

This is just fantastic news for those of us who don't raid much or do rated pvp anymore. We won't be top tier, but we can progress our toons and do fairly well in normal raids/unrated PvP. The hardcores can still be rewarded the best stuff which should keep them happy too.

All in all, I can't see how anyone would oppose this. Even if the best player's stuff is only marginally better, it's still better and that's a good thing even to me. At least the rest of us will have productive things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    It says 850+ so mythic level is feasible. My question is are those items direct drops from raids too or separate new items?
    It says 850+ probably because that quest will still pop up at the end of the expansion and the quests are going to scale throughout the entire expansion.....

Scaleable content =/= exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    It says 850+ probably because that quest will still pop up at the end of the expansion and the quests are going to scale throughout the entire expansion.....

Scaleable content =/= exciting
    No, it can and often does proc higher than stated. I did an 810 blue world quest that procced as an 820 blue (not even epic upgrade), f.ex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    No, it can and often does proc higher than stated. I did an 810 blue world quest that procced as an 820 blue (not even epic upgrade), f.ex.
    I still believe that what I said will be true. There's no way to know right now however. Otherwise what will happen is that you'll have these world quests become pointless at the end of the expansion just like garrison blues (560-600ilvl) became extinct after people started doing heroics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Its not super face roll... it feels like a well thought out trash pack. One for a lack of a better term boss. Focus a random player dealing a channeled spell that does aoe dmg around the player. One boss does a aoe cleave and the other had a tank debuff. They shared health and I would recommend bringing along three healers. I suppose it was harder then lfr.
    So content that is slightly harder than LFR and is similar to a trash pack gives gear that you earn from doing the hardest content in the game? That seems really unbalanced and unfair imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    As said. Not tested alpha. All I made from the OP is that they defeated a world event that gave them top tier loot which means it will be 100% relevant for my guild, which means I have to care about it if it becomes exclusive in the same way the atrocity that is known as Galleon was.

So do quest, kill big bad, respawn in a minute or two for next people to kill big bad? Yea I can work with that.
    Galleon sucked because it spawned like twice per week, TLPD respawn rates.
    And it died faster than you could fly there from shrine on a 310% mount. It's a bane of any rare mob that drops something of value, it gets zerged down.

This quest is something that stays up for quite some time, it ain't something you have to camp for hours on end. It's a replacement for shipyard cache missions I think. Instead of mailing epix to you for doing fuck all, you now actually have to group up and do a world quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    So content that is slightly harder than LFR and is similar to a trash pack gives gear that you earn from doing the hardest content in the game? That seems really unbalanced and unfair imo.
    And getting raid loot mailed to you in shipyard caches is what? Balanced and fair? Yeah, I pugged some mythic on my hunter, got to 8 bosses killed and since few months I'm getting loot from bosses I never even killed. Mythic Archimonde mail gloves? Yes, got that from ship yard cache!

These quests will likely have long cooldown, and raiding will be your go-to primary gearing source.

Deleted
    Its a new world. I have reservations about it sure but our path is set and the torch is lite lets see where this takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    I still believe that what I said will be true. There's no way to know right now however. Otherwise what will happen is that you'll have these world quests become pointless at the end of the expansion just like garrison blues (560-600ilvl) became extinct after people started doing heroics.
    You're correct on that front, but not on that it's solely for later. They've mentioned they intend for world quests to scale to some degree with your ilvl (how we don't know yet really), but it's also technically possible from 'normal dungeon' level content to proc as far as mythic from day 1, at least that was the plan as blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm.. actually very happy with that. Raid level World Mobs giving that type of loot. I can fucks with that.

Yay for not having to progress purely through raiding.
    Raid loot is there so you can progress on harder bosses further into the raid, what is it for in the open world? killing things you killed before a bit faster? The thrill of the game is doing something challenging!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    It makes no sense whatsoever, but it's still quite early. I just feel blizzard wants to reduce the impact that raiding has on this game. But I afraid by doing so they will eventually kill it, and by killing raiding this game is dead.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yeah. that was soooo fun.

not.

hell, if you find that funny, you had loved this game in times when it was real good.

very low expectations
    So? /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Raid loot is there so you can progress on harder bosses further into the raid, what is it for in the open world? killing things you killed before a bit faster? The thrill of the game is doing something challenging!
    And if the open world is just as challenging as a raid environment, would the rewards not need to match that?

I'm planning on raiding again in Legion (was Hardcore pre WoD), but I don't want to go at it as hard as I used to. So I'm personally fine with this and I'd imagine the other 99% that don't play this game solely for raiding feel the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

If this is true, and remains until the end of the expansion, then there is no point in me raiding - which is the only thing left in the game that I actually enjoy. I will opt for playing black desert full time if raiding is also made worthless. I really hope this is an oversight. Normal gear, yes, that would be a brilliant catchup mechanic, maybe even heroic gear (rare) but mythic? there shouldn't even be a small chance of mythic loot.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    If this is true, and remains until the end of the expansion, then there is no point in me raiding - which is the only thing left in the game that I actually enjoy. I will opt for playing black desert full time if raiding is also made worthless. I really hope this is an oversight. Normal gear, yes, that would be a brilliant catchup mechanic, maybe even heroic gear (rare) but mythic? there shouldn't even be a small chance of mythic loot.
    I can agree with this. Part of me feels as though it is an oversight that it's Mythic gear. Normal raiding gear is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    As i said, it only needs complains on the forums from organized raiders to get blizzard making the best gear available through raids only.

It already has begun. Envy will be the nail in the coffin for any extrinsically rewarding gameplay outside of raids.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    As i said, it only needs complains on the forums from organized raiders to get blizzard making the best gear available through raids only.

It already has begun. Envy will be the nail in the coffin for any extrinsically rewarding gameplay outside of raids.
    Equal difficulty = equal rewards.
    If these events were as hard as mythic raids - then sure, they deserve mythic rewards. the bottom line is that they won't be. They can be completed by 13 random people that just showed up and did it. this system would kill organised raiding, I for one would quit raiding if the rewards were equal to doing daily's, whats the point spending all the gold and time raiding if you can achieve the same outside of raids?

I started raiding in TBC, if not for raiding, I would not have played wow all this time, it is literally the only reason I play anymore.

Deleted
    this system would kill organised raiding, I for one would quit raiding if the rewards were equal to doing daily's, whats the point spending all the gold and time raiding if you can achieve the same outside of raids
    So you say you dont play raids for fun but for the extrinsic rewards only?

At the end you only play raids because blizzard offers the best rewards for playing them?

How shocking. And i thought operant conditioning doesnt work.

And that playing with friends is so much fun.

Should people feel forced to play something they dont like only because it gives the best items?
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-21 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    So you say you dont play raids for fun but for the extrinsic rewards only?

At the end you only play raids because blizzard offers the best rewards for playing them?

How shocking. And i thought operant conditioning doesnt work.

And that playing with friends is so much fun.

Should people feel forced to play something they dont like only because it gives the best items?
    The thrill is great and all, but if I was rewarded the same things for simply doing daily's and playing farmville, why bother? I think your purposefully trying to take my words out of context here, I spend thousands upon thousands of gold raiding, I spend hundreds of hours, hundreds of wipes, hours of stress. You go out right click a mob and go AFK, why in the hell should your gear be equal to mine? I love my guild, they are all friends, I love raiding with them, but things like this make me want to just quit the game entirely, let alone raiding.

I don't pay £8.99 a month, hours of my time for the privilege of raiding with friends, part of it is ego, I'm a highly ranked player on my server. Somone else having the same gear as me, the same potential ceiling (thus matching my rankings) without even having to go through the hard part? It's not fair.

People crying out for the changes, accept them for the exact same reason (ego), they want better loot. this is the problem, people are getting something for nothing, what do I get for my time and effort?

That's what either side of this argument boils down too, we all want the best stuff, but giving the best stuff out to everyone isn't the right thing to do. It's really not that damn hard to join a guild and do raids, I've managed to take year long breaks, come back to the game and land in a guild within weeks and progress endgame. People are just put off by the effort, they don't WANT to do mythic - or else they would. As part of that decision you need to realise that you won't get MYTHIC loot.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2016-04-21 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    The thrill is great and all, but if I was rewarded the same things for simply doing daily's and playing farmville, why bother?
    Probably because you like to play in a group? Or you like a challenge? Or you like prestige from being a high end raider?

I mean.. if you only play raids to get the best gear and wont really like to play it, i wonder you are actually not advocating a solution where the best gear was available from something else than raids you even probably liked to play.

I think your purposefully trying to take my words out of context here, I spend thousands upon thousands of gold raiding, I spend hundreds of hours, hundreds of wipes, hours of stress.
    You know we talk about a computer game and nothing which should stress you? And nothing which should force you to play a game component because the things that would be fun wont drop them?

You go out right click a mob and go AFK, why in the hell should your gear be equal to mine?
    So it's just envy at the end? You dont want anyone else to have your gear?

Hey, we talk about a computer game. And not about a management department where you hope to get the job of the senior accountant when he dies.. and wont like the secretary to get as much money as you.

I love my guild, they are all friends, I love raiding with them, but things like this make me want to just quit the game entirely, let alone raiding.
    You love your guild. You love your friends. You like the rewards.

But do you like raiding? Think about it. Also think about it if those people really are your friends, or just a alliance of purpose. The word "friend" is used very inflationary nowadays.