Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I just read the actually complaint in the thread. It's just nation bashing and whining like children about a non-issue. Time to move on from this one.
    Ever noticed how "nation bashing" is usually used when the USA are concerned?!

Growing up in the military, living in America, with parents that lived in Germany for 6 years... I swear I've learned 5 different ways to write the date. And it changes almost every time write it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Ever noticed how "nation bashing" is usually used when the USA are concerned?!
    Nope. Maybe you have a bias that you need to figure out.

It's an American company using standards that are common in America. Why should people bend over backwards for others who are obviously entitled children whining about non-issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

So, I'm not one to get annoyed over stupid things and I refuse to even click that link because I don't want to see how crazy out of proportion people have undoubtedly blown the whole thing.

That said, as an American who has Australian friends I know this can* be a real issue and wish people would just stick to unambiguous formats. Write out the dates or use a YYYY-MM-DD format. I'm sure there would still be people who complain for no reason ("OMG! WHAT DO YOU MEAN AUGUST 30TH, IT SHOULD BE 30 AUGUST!") but at least there will never be a place for legitimate confusion.

All that said, I don't even know where the complaint comes from. If I go to EU versions of webpages, they have the date localized properly. EU WOW homepage is localized fine, EU Legion page is localized fine. Where is the problem in the first place?

* Yeah, it's not here because "30" makes it pretty clear. These are just people butthurt that they don't get it their way.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Nope. Maybe you have a bias that you need to figure out.

It's an American company using standards that are common in America. Why should people bend over backwards for others who are obviously entitled children whining about non-issues?
    Because they send out their emails and promos in other languages too (french, spanish, german etc). They want to promo their product, which means they must write it on a language that their peers easily understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's not so easy with something like 8/9/2016.
    But it isn't 8/9/2016 it's 8/30/2016. I could understand if it was a date like 8/9 but it isn't. If people can't figure out that the 30 is a day and not a month they need to go back to elementary school. It's really not that hard to figure out.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-04-21 at 06:08 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    But it isn't 8/9/2016 it's 8/30/16. I could understand if it was a date like 8/9 but it isn't. If people can't figure out that the 30 is a day and not a month they need to go back to elementary school. It's really not that hard to figure out.
    Muhaha, thinking back, almost all expansions started at the end of the month. I now know why. Blizz be like "AMG HOW DO WE WRITE DATES?!??!" "fuck it, just release it after 12th"

Too many players wiping on the calendar boss. Pls nerf, Blizz.

this thread is still open?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Because they send out their emails and promos in other languages too (french, spanish, german etc). They want to promo their product, which means they must write it on a language that their peers easily understand.
    Whining about the format is useless. It's easy to understand as 8-30-2016. Anyone can see that the month is first with even two seconds of thought. Language and a format the date aren't even remotely similar. You can speak any language on the planet and understand what 8-30-2016 is. This is literally just over entitled whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

8/30/2016
    30 AUG 16
    30 - 8 - 2016

need I go on with all the different perfectly correct ways or writing a date?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I think them not using the metric system is a bigger issue.

Who came up with that order anyway? You go from small to big and not medium, small, big.

PS: The battle.net launcher says it's 30 Aug. 2016 so I don't even know where it is supposed to be written wrong.
    Exactly. You go from the smallest measure of time, day, to medium, month, to big, year...

Whining about the format is useless. It's easy to understand as 8-30-2016. Anyone can see that the month is first with even two seconds of thought. Language and a format the date is in aren't even remotely similar. You can speak any language on the planet and understand what 8-30-2016 is. This is literally just over entitled whining.
    I think this is not a present problem. This is a continuation. It's about past events and future events. If no one never reminds Blizz for mistakes then they will prob never make an effort to fix it, or to think outside of USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    All should just have 1 single format for Earth. Will happen one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always go to Month Day Year. Makes sense, August 30th 2016.

Or 8/30/16(Or 2016 if you're picky)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    If no one never reminds Blizz for mistakes then they will prob never make an effort to fix it, or to think outside of USA.
    Nobody at Blizz made a mistake, though.

Hell, you might as well get mad that they used Gregorian rather than Holocene.

7+ Year Old Account
    i also prefer it in the non retard way
    but this is so unimportant..... people really just have way too much free time.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me think for a minute too and if you have no idea the company you're working with/purchasing from (as an example since it's not only Blizzard) it will confuse customers from a different region.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    as someone from europa ... why the hell does this even bother you ...

This is even more idiotic then the ´ass-gate' we had a few weeks ago LMAO.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    Nobody at Blizz made a mistake, though.

Hell, you might as well get mad that they used Gregorian rather than Holocene.
    Noone is mad. People in this thread calling out "whiners" are more mad than the people who actually started the thread. Little things like this make a company buyer oriented, and I think it was good that they changed the date, I appreciate it.