Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome1 View Post
    Most people would love to get married but unfortunately it doesn't happen for some.

Curious what tips you would give someone to make the process easier?
    Be attractive. Don't be unattractive.
    Oh and: Just BEE yourself)))

Most people would love to get married but unfortunately it doesn't happen for some.

If your goal is to get married you'll probably get married a bunch.
    If you get married to solve relationship problems, your relationship will end.
    If you marry someone to trap them in the relationship, they will escape.

Don't bend over in the shower.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My wife and I just celebrated 15 years together at the beginning of this month, this is the best advice I can give.

1. There is no such thing as 'easy'. Marriage is work and takes a large amount of effort from both halves.
    2. Live together first.
    3. Don't let selfish pride get the better of you.
    4. Find a woman or man that really enjoys your dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marry someone you love. This will make the process easier than if you marry someone you don't love.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Best advise i can give is to not give a crap what anyone else says about your life. I was totally happy living my life as was and i met the love of my life. People will tell you to do X and Y but the best thing you can do is to be happy and be yourself, that way you'll eventually meet the right person and everything will just flow naturally.

Ask about it in a video game forum of course!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't look for someone with which you share 100% of interests. Another you is boring.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Don't look for someone with which you share 100% of interests. Another you is boring.
    I need to date a hardcore liberal girl.

Just for the hatesex.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Marriage is not a goal. It's a social announcement of commitment (and religious, if you swing that way).

My ex-fiancee and I broke up a few years ago. We own a house together. We still live together. Most outside observers would assume we're married. After a few years together, we decided we were perfectly good friends, but not "soul mates" or whatever term you want to use. So we're cool, we have a nice house, she has a boyfriend, I have a girlfriend who mostly stay there, and life goes on.
    this is what I do not get about westerners. How you can be so blase about marriage. To me marriage is preservation of family line, our history and tradition. To provide our children security and prosperity, each generation building upon works of the next gen. till the world ends. Western ways seem so nihilistic. You do not preserve your family line (hell you end it volunteerily), you have no tradition or history, you let your children run around bemirching family name and being useless (like allowing them to study useless degrees as majors). You have no expectation for your desendents. Do not pass on home as inheritance, you guys dont even have an heir. I lived in the U.S. for 60 years, and still can't comprehend your bizzare selfdestructive behavior.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    this is what I do not get about westerners. How you can be so blase about marriage. To me marriage is preservation of family line, our history and tradition. To provide our children security and prosperity, each generation building upon works of the next gen. till the world ends. Western ways seem so nihilistic. You do not preserve your family line (hell you end it volunteerily), you have no tradition or history, you let your children run around bemirching family name and being useless (like allowing them to study useless degrees as majors). You have no expectation for your desendents. Do not pass on home as inheritance, you guys dont even have an heir. I lived in the U.S. for 60 years, and still can't comprehend your bizzare selfdestructive behavior.
    What if anything in that rant is related to marriage? Marriage doesn't address any of the issues you seem to want to complain about.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    What if anything in that rant is related to marriage? Marriage doesn't address any of the issues you seem to want to complain about.
    Not complaining just can not understand this particular western behavior. Westerners don't seem to have plan for future, live directly in the short term. Such behavior is not good for survival of your race.

Not all westerners are like that. Please be mindful of sweeping generalizations.

I lived in the U.S. for 60 years, and still can't comprehend your bizzare selfdestructive behavior.
    I wish great health and many more years to you.

The point, not understood by some of my elders, is we're not trying to build families anymore. Once you take that assumption out of the picture, it makes sense to build a life on mutual self-interest. That may seem contradictory, but it isn't.

I'm not sure how to convince you, but it's acceptable now to cohabitate with parents. Economics, baby. Or in my case, as I explained, continuing to live with an ex. Economics, baby.

Family line? I can trace mine back to a specific farm in Sweden.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I don't think marriage is good idea. Look at the divorce rate. Both of you can go into marriage with the best of intentions to make it work, completely in love... yet people change, in unpredictable ways. The chances are very high that some time down the track either or both of you will change in such a way that you can no longer stand living with each other.

The problem is marriage is supposed to be a permanent union. It is designed as such. So divorce is expensive, difficult and painful. If marriage actually hugely increased the odds of people staying together for life, then it might be worth it, but looking at the divorce statistics it no longer does this.

Essentially, in the west, we've come to the conclusion that preservation for the sake of preservation is destructive leaving cultural museums in the place of improved ideas. Maintaining a social order built around honoring the past is a bit like filling your maternity wards with geriatrics.

We have a tradition and history, we just don't worship it, we climb it.

10+ Year Old Account
    been together with my wife for 6 and a 1/2 years, ill give the best advice that capitalizes from my experience.

1.) Know that both of you guys will have imperfections among the good qualities that you see within each other. Not recognizing them will set you up for disaster when you commit. Learning to embrace the imperfection and know it is part of their person and understanding that will help you a long ways into solidifying the commitment.

2.) i dated my wife for one year before i married her, i didn't move in with her beforehand, we had no issues going due to reason #1. i'm not sure if this is advice, but you don't have to live with someone beforehand to make things work out. If both of you are mature in the relationship enough to handle the incoming hardships (because you will have them), then you will be fine.

3.) Maintain healthy relationships with your friends while you are with your intended, soon to be wife. From my upbringing, i was taught that once you had a girlfriend/wife, your focus is on them and no one else, including your friends. Well i found out that to be bullshit, you must, for the sanity of yourself and your soon to be wife, maintain your friendships. You're learning to be with this person, not trying to be with her 24/7 of her life draining the shit out of each other. TRUST ME, you will end up hurting the relationship.

4.) make sure you are truly ready to commit to one person, it can be hard (as a very sexually active man, i see attractive women around me all the time, thoughts still come by once and a while), but you must control them and understand why you are being with her in the first place: because you value her over the others.

5.) control and eliminate jealousy, as human beings, we were designed genetically to procreate. there is no harm in recognizing the attractive lady walking towards you while your with your wife (my wife and I spot and tell each other the attractive ones we see all the time, no jealousy involved). it's what you do afterwards is what matters. Learn to be the person you want to be with your spouse.

obviously this goes for either male or female seeking their intended love, Good luck!

Deleted
    have a lot of money

- - - Updated - - -

oh and don't marry
    that's the best tip anyone can give you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall of Chyna View Post
    have a lot of money

- - - Updated - - -

oh and don't marry
    that's the best tip anyone can give you
    not marrying just for the fact that you won't receive financial benefits is about the worst tip that someone can give to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Don't. /10chars