View Poll Results: Pseudo-Legacy Servers?

Voters
66. This poll is closed
  • Hell Yeah!!!

14 21.21%
  • Hell No!

31 46.97%
  • 100% legit legacy or GTFO!

14 21.21%
  • Sure, but I wouldn't play on it still.

7 10.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    This, although I suppose it's telling as to how crud the game is currently that these sorts of threads crop up every day.
    The game is what people make of it. I took six months or so off, came back at the end of Febuary, and have been enjoying it ever since.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    "But a kingdom that has once been destroyed can never come again into being; nor can the dead ever be brought back to life."
    "What is Israel?"

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The logic behind legacy servers is the same as thinking that if I exactly recreate my 10th birthday party I'll enjoy it just as much as I did then.

The most perfect recreation of Vanilla (or for me personally TBC) will never ever be able to make me feel the way I did back then. I'm not the same. The community is not the same. And it was always the community that made the experience.
    Precisely this. No matter how much people whine, stomp their feet and moan about it.. you simply cannot go back. It won't be the same. It ISN'T the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigenn View Post
    Precisely this. No matter how much people whine, stomp their feet and moan about it.. you simply cannot go back. It won't be the same. It ISN'T the same.
    I am pretty sure the people with this ridiculous opinion never enjoyed/played vanilla wow in the first place. If you didn't, please have no opinion or at least try it before you make an ill informed comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Can't have the best of both worlds, if people want legacy servers, they should be exactly as they were in all their "glory", none of the modern updates or conveniences.
    Exactly.

All the whiners get exactly that. Legacy, and all the dysfunctional crap that comes with it.

No graphics, no transmog, no balanced specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing WoW since 2005, have never unsubbed or even thought about it, wanna know why? because i know there will be NEW content to play eventually. I could not, on any level, be bothered to go back and revisit the tedious grind that was vanilla, even though there were really fun, glorious aspects of it, there were also some disappointments. just like most nostalgia, we have short term memory loss, only remembering the good parts and forgetting the bad. thats my 2 cents
    Last edited by Wramp; 2016-04-21 at 09:06 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Exactly.

All the whiners get exactly that. Legacy, and all the dysfunctional crap that comes with it.

No graphics, no transmog, no balanced specs.
    I feel you tried to use exactly what we are asking for in a demeaning way......

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The game is what people make of it. I took six months or so off, came back at the end of Febuary, and have been enjoying it ever since.
    I didn't play for a year after WoD launch, did enough to complete a ring on my main (3-4 months), then stopped again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is little different than the other half dozen threads about legacy servers there's no real point in keeping it open.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."