Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    I guess the big argument for me is exactly what Factor is saying. It feels bad (to me), if I have to take another level 110 talent like Fel Barrage on a specific fight just because its better in AoE. I feel like I am giving up the fantasy of the class when I don't take Demonic. This, to me, is like if Rogues had to talent for Stealth, or Warlocks could only summon demons if they took a talent.

Things that fit in so closely with a class fantasy should not be a talent. Especially on a class that is arguably still lacking some depth. If you don't take Demonic, one of the most iconic Demon Hunter fantasies is something you can only use ~1 per fight.
    But this happens already across the board with every spec in the game. There isn't a single spec in all of wow that you get your cookie cutter build and sit there for every fight. Granted rogues could be considered that but they have to do whole spec changes on a fight to fight basis rather than just change a talent here and there.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    Here's hoping the data mining doesn't take a whole day like last patch
    Also forgot to second this. As much as i like you testers, i like having some notes to read prior to the servers coming up than hearing some changes second hand :P
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Here's hoping this build makes Throw Glaive and its prospective talents feel on par to Demonic. Oh, and hopefully they finally change Demon Reborn?

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    But this happens already across the board with every spec in the game. There isn't a single spec in all of wow that you get your cookie cutter build and sit there for every fight. Granted rogues could be considered that but they have to do whole spec changes on a fight to fight basis rather than just change a talent here and there.
    The argument wasn't that it sucks to have to talent around fights and losing demonic as a playstyle. It's that you talent for a fight and then only see your character in Meta once. In an expansion where so much class development is centred around class identity and the fantasy tropes, losing out on that fantastic visual is big disappointment. Sure you VERY briefly flash into meta when you use certain abilities as Vanyali pointed out, but there is a big difference between that and running around as a demon.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkraven View Post
    Here's hoping this build makes Throw Glaive and its prospective talents feel on par to Demonic. Oh, and hopefully they finally change Demon Reborn?
    They have nothing to do with Demonic completely different area of the class.

Better way to phrase it "Hopefully this patch they make TG not such a terrible ability."

They have nothing to do with Demonic completely different area of the class.

Better way to phrase it "Hopefully this patch they make TG not such a terrible ability."
    Yeah I guess that is a better way to say it

holy fuck that new fury of the illidari animation :O
    darkness got a nice new look too
    Last edited by flzk; 2016-04-21 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    holy fuck that new fury of the illidari animation :O
    darkness got a nice new look too
    Where are you seeing this? Patch just started downloading for me.

servers are up, fel barrage is now implemented and has a "levitate and spit green balls" animation

Where are you seeing this? Patch just started downloading for me.
    damniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttt i'm editing a paper that has to get done :O musteditfaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    servers are up, fel barrage is now implemented and has a "levitate and spit green balls" animation
    YUS. Thanks for the infos good sir.

haha imprison got nerfed hard.

It doesn't deal damage anymore. It's a cyclone clone.

Homophobia is so gay.

demonic only triggers from eyebeam now. unleashed power relegated to shit tier talent again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see how a more frequent AoE 5 second stun is in any way a bad thing?

Fel Barrage is weird. 1st one took about 1:15 to get back to 5 stacks (was at 4 stacks recharging to 5 when it got the 5th charge back up) 2nd took :41 seconds and 3rd took 1:10.

Darkness looks awesome. Dropped to 30%.

And ya FotI looks MUCH better now.

Can still animation cancel both Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat.

Felblade still broken on dummies.

New character screen looks so much cleaner only shows the information pertinent to you.

Chaos Cleave is broken on dummies but going out in the world to test it atm.

Una can be Wordup's offspec :P

New build changed character stats pane to be more simplified. But Ilvl is right at the top in big numbers... not so sure I like that, inb4 people think ilvl is all that matters. Oh wait..

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    I fail to see how a more frequent AoE 5 second stun is in any way a bad thing?
    It's not, except in comparison to Chaos Cleave, which is almighty now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Una can be Wordup's offspec :P

New build changed character stats pane to be more simplified. But Ilvl is right at the top in big numbers... not so sure I like that, inb4 people think ilvl is all that matters. Oh wait..
    I'm the casual solo content spec of Wordup, you've figured it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It's not, except in comparison to Chaos Cleave, which is almighty now.
    Perhaps in certain situations, but i can't imagine that having that frequent long ass stun is bad at all in cases of adds and whathaveyou. It's not all numbers Vanyali! IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE NUMBERS!

Perhaps in certain situations, but i can't imagine that having that frequent long ass stun is bad at all in cases of adds and whathaveyou. It's not all numbers Vanyali! IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE NUMBERS!
    It'll be good in PvP and ST situations. Maybe sometimes adds depending on your comp.

IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE NUMBERS!

it's definitely always about the numbers.

will be interesting if demonic is still the best talent choice in that tier given it's uptime was lowered by at least half. chaos blades was already pretty solid, just not god tier like old demonic. maths time?