What is it with the Vanilla fanboys?

I'm reading this forums for several years now, the thing I probaly read the most: Vanilla WoW is awesome (probaly the best/heaven) and Blizzard needs to make Legacy servers. Most of the time you read the gameplay was better back then, the community, the whole experience et cetera. I just came from Kronos, and seriously, how in fcktopia can you people say that?

I played Vanilla and I really forgot how worse it was compared to now. It really is way - way - too much to sum it up. I really do understand Blizzard now and I'm on their side, without a doubt. I'm not making this topic because I think my opinion is important, but I really want to ask you guys to try it yourself. Finally you can let Vanilla rest and stop flooding this forums with the Vanilla "bullshit".

If they ever make Legacy servers, then it will be a greater fail than hiring Stevie wonder for a performance on a Nazi party. You guys miss drinking water at level 1? Buying skills again? Ugly, really ugly graphics? Can't seeing quests on map or minimap? Really ugly interface with almost no addons? Just a FEW simple things. Blizzard and many people are right here: too many people are watching it through pink nostalgic glasses here.

Please really try it yourself, it will be a dissapointment beyond imagination. It really is shit. Just a question, what can or do you like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    I'm reading this forums for several years now
    And still dont know how biased these forums are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

What is it with the 3467623486th thread in the past hour about Vanilla/legacy servers/etc.?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Care to give a few more examples of things you have an issue with? Just curious.

I'm reading this forums for several years now, the thing I probaly read the most: Vanilla WoW is awesome (probaly the best/heaven) and Blizzard needs to make Legacy servers. Most of the time you read the gameplay was better back then, the community, the whole experience et cetera. I just came from Kronos, and seriously, how in fcktopia can you people say that?

I played Vanilla and I really forgot how worse it was compared to now. It really is way - way - too much to sum it up. I really do understand Blizzard now and I'm on their side, without a doubt. I'm not making this topic because I think my opinion is important, but I really want to ask you guys to try it yourself. Finally you can let Vanilla rest and stop flooding this forums with the Vanilla "bullshit".

If they ever make Legacy servers, then it will be a greater fail than hiring Stevie wonder for a performance on a Nazi party. You guys miss drinking water at level 1? Buying skills again? Ugly, really ugly graphics? Can't seeing quests on map or minimap? Really ugly interface with almost no addons? Just a FEW simple things. Blizzard and many people are right here: too many people are watching it through pink nostalgic glasses here.

Please really try it yourself, it will be a dissapointment beyond imagination. It really is shit. Just a question, what can or do you like about it?
    If classic WoW was "shit", as you claim, why was it so massively popular and earned Blizzard tens of millions of dollars? Pretty good for a "shit" game, or do you disagree?

I am willing to bet, like most (notice I said most, not all) Vanilla haters you never played Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're passionate about the game they used to love and want to see it return to it's former glory.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Quote Originally Posted by Altarion View Post
    If classic WoW was "shit", as you claim, why was it so massively popular and earned Blizzard tens of millions of dollars? Pretty good for a "shit" game, or do you disagree?
    I say it IS now, I obviously meant this: Vanillia WoW is shit compared to present WoW. I don't know if you already tried, but if you did, you know what I mean and be on my side. I'm not trying to be a douche, but I think it's fair to say my judgment is objective and not subjective.

Deleted

So what you played vanilla wow and you at the time thought "this game is alright"? The fuck you playing it for 10 years then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarion View Post
    Because it was great AT THE TIME compared to it's competition. By nowadays standards its a bit clunky to say the least.

I say it IS now, I obviously meant this: Vanillia WoW is shit compared to present WoW. I don't know if you already tried, but if you did, you know what I mean and be on my side. I'm not trying to be a douche, but I think it's fair to say my judgment is objective and not subjective.
    I've tried, and WoD is inferior to every single previous expansion in the game. There is a huge lack of player choice, both in combat and in progression. You are just failing to be able to see things from the other side of the argument.
    Question for you: what in WoD do you love so much?
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

And the troll starts to show his true colors. Sad, you could have gotten several more pages out of this thread.

Its mostly immersion that gets to me. You only feel like some weak newcomer to a huge and dangerous, willing to explore and get better. The game lacked proper polishment and QoL improvements that the current game has, but after playing for some time its easier to not notice and just enjoy the game. And the game feels alive with a lot of real people playing around, which is not something I can say for retail.

The game wasn't perfect, but it was still a lot of fun to play. The current game doesn't do it for me anymore, with reasons that should mostly be summed up by now (questing to fast and easy, little to no interaction with other people, dungeons being to fast and easy, overall a streamlined experience).

You don't like it, must mean it's objectively bad. Guess we can close this case.

You're bad at games that don't hold your hand, we get it. Didn't need another thread.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I am willing to bet, like most (notice I said most, not all) Vanilla haters you never played Vanilla.
    I'm willing to bet that like most vanilla fanbois (read: fucbois) that you didn't play vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I'm willing to bet that like most vanilla fanbois (read: fucbois) that you didn't play vanilla
    Oh wow, what an amazing response, tell me, how did it occur to you?

Was it in a dream?

Must've been the work of an enemy stand
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You're bad at games that don't hold your hand, we get it. Didn't need another thread.
    The features he mentioned had no effect on the difficulty of the game, unless you found learning spells hard(?), the features he mentioned simply made the game more friendly to play, you dont have to constantly thottbot a quest anymore or go back to stormwind every two levels to level a spell up. The game is arguably much harder now than vanilla WoW, encounter wise certainly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complaint threads about people complaining is really just more complaining and hardly constructive.