Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't know what game you're playing, but I see no 2-3 button rotations on the Alpha.

Hyperbole and silly negativity.
    I agree, it was a bit of hyperbole. 3-4 abilities. Better?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I agree, it was a bit of hyperbole. 3-4 abilities. Better?
    However, sometimes good feedback gets so bogged down in hyperbole that it’s hard for us to tell if the point you’re making is based on actual concerns and testing, or if you’ve just been misinformed. For example, one complaint we see a lot is that “classes only have 5 or 6 spells in Legion.” That’s simply not true – as of this post, most specs have between 20 and 25 baseline abilities, with talents, Honor talents, and your Artifact active skill adding up to 5-10 abilities on top of that (and yes, we recognize that not all of those skills will be useful in all situations).

Not that I was ever one to think that number of abilities > synergy of abilities, but apparently that is the case for a lot of you people prone to hyperbole.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-21 at 10:54 PM.

However, sometimes good feedback gets so bogged down in hyperbole that it’s hard for us to tell if the point you’re making is based on actual concerns and testing, or if you’ve just been misinformed. For example, one complaint we see a lot is that “classes only have 5 or 6 spells in Legion.” That’s simply not true – as of this post, most specs have between 20 and 25 baseline abilities, with talents, Honor talents, and your Artifact active skill adding up to 5-10 abilities on top of that (and yes, we recognize that not all of those skills will be useful in all situations).
    Oh, I haven't been called for Alpha, so it's not on personal experience - merely stuff I pick up here and there. Some classes now have really basic rotations on Live.
    If, to that, we add further trimming and pruning... only natural to assume basic rotations will get even more basic.

And let us not pretend that Blizzard isn't making WoW simpler by the expansion. Good or bad, subjective.

Oh, I haven't been called for Alpha, so it's not on personal experience - merely stuff I pick up here and there. Some classes now have really basic rotations on Live.
    If, to that, we add further trimming and pruning... only natural to assume basic rotations will get even more basic.

And let us not pretend that Blizzard isn't making WoW simpler by the expansion. Good or bad, subjective.
    And yet people keep claiming that the game was at its peak of skillcap in Classic.

Funny how that goes. I am on the alpha, and as I've said, I have yet to see this simplicity which would allow a 4-year old to excell. And those "basic rotations" still don't help anyone to excell beyond his/her personal capability, so I wouldn't worry about that either.

Oh, by the way, if WoW is "simpler by the expansion", then I'd REALLY like to invite you to my guild since that means you've beaten every boss and perfected your performance to the point where you outshine Method players at every turn. You know, since they clocked 900 wipes in HFC Mythic and all. Filthy casuals. . I actually should start inviting everyone that speaks of how simple and easy the game is now, since they're surely all diamonds in the rough just waiting to be snatched up and allowed to show this full potential which comes so easily to them!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-21 at 11:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Let the people who just get angry at blizzard start flaming lol. Seriously people should calm down and take a break of the game. Even divorces are easier to deal with than u guys...

well, the stat panel look sad in the screen. Will connect to see on the alpha (after the dl) to check what it look ig.

When I saw the new item level UI, I threw up a little in my mouth. The game would be better served by removing parallel item level drops and "item levels".

LOL! Now they're making your item level THE stat to focus on? Jesus Christ. XD

Deleted
    And yet people keep claiming that the game was at its peak of skillcap in Classic.

Funny how that goes. I am on the alpha, and as I've said, I have yet to see this simplicity which would allow a 4-year old to excell. And those "basic rotations" still don't help anyone to excell beyond his/her personal capability, so I wouldn't worry about that either.

Oh, by the way, if WoW is "simpler by the expansion", then I'd REALLY like to invite you to my guild since that means you've beaten every boss and perfected your performance to the point where you outshine Method players at every turn. You know, since they clocked 900 wipes in HFC Mythic and all. Filthy casuals. . I actually should start inviting everyone that speaks of how simple and easy the game is now, since they're surely all diamonds in the rough just waiting to be snatched up and allowed to show this full potential which comes so easily to them!
    Same old fanboy argument just keeps getting repeated.

Just because one small part of the game is hard dosen't mean the overall game isn't getting simpler. You are just cherry picking 1 tiny aspect that suits your argument but ignoring the remaining 98%.

Did you just tried arguing that the following statement is false: "Blizzard is making WoW simpler by the expansion"?
    I got no words.. Embrace the ignorance! Don't expect me to go with ya though :P

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Same old fanboy argument just keeps getting repeated.

Just because one small part of the game is hard dosen't mean the overall game isn't getting simpler. You are just cherry picking 1 tiny aspect that suits your argument but ignoring the remaining 98%.
    And the remaining 98% was hard/difficult when...? Not to mention the fact that we're discussing class complexity here, which translates into performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just tried arguing that the following statement is false: "Blizzard is making WoW simpler by the expansion"?
    I got no words.. Embrace the ignorance! Don't expect me to go with ya though :P
    You could always give examples on how your claims are true, because I sure as hell don't have an easier time "winning" at the game now than say, 3 expansions ago.

Wish i could use Windfury totem in PvE, like the happy days of support. I wish it wasn't one sad one happy all the time with this.

You could always give examples on how your claims are true, because I sure as hell don't have an easier time "winning" at the game now than say, 3 expansions ago.
    Oh, so it's an issue of you not having the reading comprehension required to understand what the statement "Blizzard is making WoW simpler by the expansion" means. Gotcha.

Oh, so it's an issue of you not having the reading comprehension required to understand what the statement "Blizzard is making WoW simpler by the expansion" means. Gotcha.
    You have no examples, which is exactly my point. ^^

Not that I was ever one to think that number of abilities > synergy of abilities, but apparently that is the case for a lot of you people prone to hyperbole.
    The problem I have is they handed out accounts to people they *knew* were simply going to stream for marketing reasons. You forfeit any right to complain when you say "go talk about this product!" and people talk about it in a way you don't like. I say forfeit -- I'm using THAT in a hyperbolic manner. You just won't get any sympathy from me. Either they need to admit they were fools for being so silly with handing out testing accounts... or suck it up and stop whining like a child and accept the fact that they, too, can be farmed for money as well.

It's a two-way street, butter cup. Don't like it? Don't offer up accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    The problem I have is they handed out accounts to people they *knew* were simply going to stream for marketing reasons. You forfeit any right to complain when you say "go talk about this product!" and people talk about it in a way you don't like. I say forfeit -- I'm using THAT in a hyperbolic manner. You just won't get any sympathy from me. Either they need to admit they were fools for being so silly with handing out testing accounts... or suck it up and stop whining like a child and accept the fact that they, too, can be farmed for money as well.

It's a two-way street, butter cup. Don't like it? Don't offer up accounts.
    I'd say the point is that the people claiming there's 5-6 abilities or even less, are wrong.
    Whether Blizzard has a "right" to complain when they gave Alpha to public people KNOWN to profit from hyperbole and drama, is a different beast.

Those new class plate sets look the worst I've seen in WoW in a while, probably worst than those Cataclysm Blue Justice Points Gear. It's fantastic that we have Transmogrification but that shouldn't be a reason for Blizzard to do such terrible job specially considering we are 14 months without content on Live servers paying a monthly fee, but in the end I guess they just set the bar too high with MoP Challenge Mode Gear and every time I see Class Set I expect to see something amazing that will represent each class and help with class flavor - always getting disappointed sadly.

That moment when the Loading Screen representation of a Death knight have a much better/cooler Rune Sword than the vast majority of the Unholy Artifact weapons. BAH!

About the new stats page I honestly have no opinion, in one hand it helps the new players to see what really matters and in another hand it might be harder to see other stats such has Energy Regen that would help you understand how your rotation work and why.

You have no examples, which is exactly my point. ^^
    Let's take Reforging as an example. Did it or didn't it add a layer to the game and was removed? Hence, simplified.
    Whether or not it was a good move, in this context, it's irrelevant.

Another one? Introduction of QoL systems like LFD and LFR. Did these simplify the grouping methods, compared to what we used to have before?
    Again, whether or not these were welcomed additions to the game is irrelevant to this specific discussion.

So I'll ask again: Is the expression "Blizzard is making WoW simpler by the expansion" false?

People on the official forums agree with this simplicity. Gotta accept the fact that casuals run that game now, and Blizzard plans to keep it that way. Oh well.

double post sorry
    Last edited by Magnosh; 2016-04-21 at 11:40 PM. Reason: double posting