Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Experience doesn´t matter.

Example: The 11y daughter of my ex gf had no problem to level her character and do "decent" in dungeons. Even her younger sister could "play". It´s piss easy. Besides, this argument doesn´t hold up when you consider that a player with years of experience, should be able to tell the difference. I can, and you?

New players have no chance to learn their class, no chance to learn how to play their class. Even when they stay on the rail road, the will end up hitting a HUGE WALL of you want to really raid? Learn to play. By that point most will quit. This is why raid guilds of ten+ years are dying out, there is no new blood anymore.

You can twist it around as much as you want. WoW now is a fucking joke. Leveling is a joke, dungeons are a joke, group content is a joke. There is only a selfish attiude left by game design, a few in the middle who still clinge to their guilds and are lucky, and even fewer progress raid guilds, who once were the pinacle and an inspiration for new players. "Oh look at that..i want that".

The boost exists because Blizzards makes money of it. Nothing more and nothing less. Their leveling system is so buttfuck boring now that they made a boost for it. There is only one currency in an MMO, it´s time, so this is a pay to win method. THe current state of the game and people defending that shit, despite lacking any logic or intelligence reflects that.
    Leveling is completely different from end game. So you should expect to not fully understand your class at the start. You don't have to play efficiently or even correctly to level your character. I could spam frostbolt on my mage until I dinged 100 and do fine. But I wouldn't make the cut in raids.

Of course there's rarely any new blood. The game is 12 years old. I can't think of any game I would ever check out that was 12 years old unless I had played it previously or had a friend who did.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

15+ Year Old Account
    What does it matter, considering the X # of characters you'd have to have level to be able to raid/get the gold to earn all those heirloom bonuses + XP pots to use constantly. Was 5 hrs for 1 more character out of bunches? WTF cares? If you're at that state of economy/status in the game to be able to do it, so what? It was earned.

Or spent $$$$$$ for the gold to get there, which Sodapoppin can do easily too with his twitch money from the ignorance consumer masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompzy View Post
    lol at all the wod/legion fanboys trying to defend how bad wow has become, levelling should be a major aspect of any MMO, it should be rewarding, challenging, fun and social.

Currently it is none of them.
    the tbc/wotlk fanboys would be defending it too given it only this was possible in wrath
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

lol at all the wod/legion fanboys trying to defend how bad wow has become, levelling should be a major aspect of any MMO, it should be rewarding, challenging, fun and social.

Currently it is none of them.
    Even on your 8th alt? gtfo...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah it just baffles me how pathetic people can get to actually follow, listen and like these "personalities" not to mention the hordes of imbeciles giving money to such a person... what the f**k >_<

His video proved nothing, it wasn't news and certainly nothing worth talking about ;/

People like him don't play the same WoW the rest of us do anyway, his word or "experience" doesn't count for jack shit.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

15+ Year Old Account
    Man, Sodapoppins gotten paler and more acne scarred than what I remembered. And perma stained soda teeth yellow/brown.

Yes.. With every xp boost available, its not like a completely new player who isn't showered with gifts immediately upon logging in is going to do it in 5 hours.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So guy goes out of his way, pays for RAF+potions+looms that have an in game value of probably 150k+real money cost for the raf, and it's the games fault that the old content didn't last long. Hm. Ok
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You had to have played the game to a) have heirlooms b) have krol pots.

Also sub 1 day levelling (in played) has been the standard since cataclysm. It was possible in wrath without RAF iirc, in fact.
    Maybe you should re read the entire latter half my post that you conveniently failed to quote...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    You know. Minus the two+ hours of questing in WoD that he did at the end of the video.

Fuck pre 90 leveling. I've done it enough.
    The reason you've done it so much is because it's so easy to do, yes?

If would still be compelling content if all these ludicrous assists designed to speed up the game didn't exist. It's comparable to taking a beer, pouring it all into a bucket filled with water, then drinking it. There's way more to drink but it doesn't taste of anything, and you probably get sick of it really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Maybe you should re read the entire latter half my post that you conveniently failed to quote...

- - - Updated - - -

The reason you've done it so much is because it's so easy to do, yes?

If would still be compelling content if all these ludicrous assists designed to speed up the game didn't exist. It's comparable to taking a beer, pouring it all into a bucket filled with water, then drinking it. There's way more to drink but it doesn't taste of anything, and you probably get sick of it really quickly.
    Just taking the exp bonuses off would put you at 50 hours, and that's with us being very generous due to them doing premades + getting massive bonus from quests.

Also, you don't see any irony in all these people going "OMG VANILLA QUESTS SO AMAZING" with fucking carbonite installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Does this really matter when you can just buy nearly max level toons now? It's not as bad as OP is saying, it's worse.

He's just trying to point out how leveling in older expansions actually felt fulfilling.

The game is supposed to be "World" of Warcraft. Not "Hit level 15 and spam dungeons to max level."

Questing back in the day was both challenging and it felt rewarding, wheras nowadays the whole leveling part of the game has basically been trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    His fanbase is enormous, which is frightening...

fanbase with 10-14 years old... how frightening... i'm sure.. seriously??

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    So spend 200k gold on potions. In EU that's 2.5 token sales. Thats £37.50

Let's forget the RAF bonus and say 1-100 in 7 hours. Time investment

I can buy a boost from blizzard for £40? Not sure on price haven't looked in while. I get a level 3 garrison, 500g and 640 ilvl. This takes all of 5 minutes.
    no-one said sodapoppin was smart xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    fanbase with 10-14 years old... how frightening... i'm sure.. seriously??
    his fanbase is stupid but im afraid not all 10-14 year olds as he makes 1000's in donations where are all the 10-14 year olds getting the money from, it's one thing to get your parents to let you use their credit card to play wow, it's another to let you donate 5$ so you can send an idiot message that says CHAT SPAM KAPPA 123.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no-one said sodapoppin was smart xD

- - - Updated - - -

his fanbase is stupid but im afraid not all 10-14 year olds as he makes 1000's in donations where are all the 10-14 year olds getting the money from, it's one thing to get your parents to let you use their credit card to play wow, it's another to let you donate 5$ so you can send an idiot message that says CHAT SPAM KAPPA 123.

Whales and rich folks that throw monies for lewd? Maybe? I'm Sorry... Who's sodapoppin? It's not ringing any bells :0\

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I still fail to see how this is relevant. blizzard invalidated the leveling experience when they introduced character boosts. i can work for 5 hours and use the money i earned to buy 2 level 100s and a meal for 2 to celebrate. sodas "record" means jack.

If it had been done by someone who had never played wow (or an MMO) before in their life then maybe i would be interested, but this doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. stop kidding yourself.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Why? I find leveling to be tedious and painful in almost every MMO I have played. I wish an MMO would do away with leveling. Now you can still have people out in the world looking for gear and exploring without having 49 pointless levels, or whatever max level is.

Also after killing the toughest, baddest bosses in wow lore, how does a simple boar go about killing me? its stupid.
    Ask Robert Baratheon :3
    Last edited by Talsar; 2016-04-22 at 03:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Why? I find leveling to be tedious and painful in almost every MMO I have played. I wish an MMO would do away with leveling. Now you can still have people out in the world looking for gear and exploring without having 49 pointless levels, or whatever max level is.

Also after killing the toughest, baddest bosses in wow lore, how does a simple boar go about killing me? its stupid.
    You are part of the problem why current wow is in such decline. People complain that there is no content, when it took weeks, months to level back in vanilla/tbc and that experience itself was an incredible one. You are part of the spoonfed population that want everything easy without having to work for it. Making the game very "tedious" and boring.

You are part of the problem why current wow is in such decline. People complain that there is no content, when it took weeks, months to level back in vanilla/tbc and that experience itself was an incredible one. You are part of the spoonfed population that want everything easy without having to work for it. Making the game very "tedious" and boring.
    Describing that poster as wanting to game to be "tedious" just after you've lavished how incredible vanilla wow was...nothing more needs to be said, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I'm not the owner of that video nor I'm trying to promote it. I posted it because leveling to 100 in 5 hrs is a big thing.
    lvling up fast is a big thing?

Formerly known as Arafal

I was under the impression the game offers new players a toon that is pretty much at max level (or close to it)..... so yeah the leveling process is already out of whack lol. And while I'm sure you can find minor instances where the leveling process still makes sense, it's severely needed updates for a long time and it doesn't appear changes will be coming any time soon.

Things are so boned at this point I'm not even going to pretend to have the answer, but I think you will agree that if you compile up all of the changes blizzard has done, leveling has become a lot less interesting.