Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    I'm dropping this for now. This doesn't prove that this change actually buffed Revival (vs. nerfed, or statistically no change) as you're claiming. I'm going over logs and comparing them to the top parses from all of SoO. It will take time (which I don't have to do today) to parse our logs and logs from other guilds.
    I'm really sorry that you don't understand how AoE healing caps work and what effect that would have on a spell if it was suddenly removed. It was clear to everyone else at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    oh my

Well in your trip back to memory lane, keep in mind, it was patch 5.3.0 that raised Revivals Cap from 6 targets to 15 when in a 25 player raid.

15*1193.25% = 17899% SP
    cap removed 25*1193.25% = 29831%
    with the 25% nerf and raid size change to 20
    20*895% = 17900% (back to the pre cap change value, shocker)

For a time in WoD beta Revival was turned back to 6, about the time they reworked Uplift to also have a 6 target AoE healing cap (and when Tranq/Hymn/HTT had their caps removed and were reworked to work the same way Revival does now, having no cap and affecting all targets the same). This resulted in a ridiculously weak Revival when the patch went live, hence the hotfix before WoD actually came out. But yes, the intent for it was to be about the same strength as it was in SoO, which it has been.

7+ Year Old Account
    Myta, you really got the false information.
    @Gragagrogog has explained the reason why the range of Revival nerfed in 6.1. There is no reason only "revival" is 100 yards while other Raid CDs are all 40 yards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    But yes, the intent for it was to be about the same strength as it was in SoO, which it has been.
    But why did they nerf revival for 33% in SoO?
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2016-04-21 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    But why did they nerf revival for 33% in SoO?
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it other healers were complaining that it healed too much due to the fact it was instant. Blizzard and other healers biggest complaint about it always seem to revolve around it being instant.
    Last edited by ITER; 2016-04-21 at 07:46 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep discussion relevant to Legion. Discussing patches from years ago isn't relevant.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Essence Font reworked, possibly to scale to some degree with Mastery, we'll see.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    Essence Font reworked, possibly to scale to some degree with Mastery, we'll see.
    the new change doubles Gust healing on players with the essence font HoT active

i guessits pretty good, at least it gives us a reason to click on the spell from times to times

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    the new change doubles Gust healing on players with the essence font HoT active
    Eh, so basically the playstyle is cast EF for the hot and continue to Lifecycle away. That's one way to get usage up I suppose.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    Eh, so basically the playstyle is cast EF for the hot and continue to Lifecycle away. That's one way to get usage up I suppose.
    You absolutely won't have the mana to pull that off consistently

Deleted
    Uh ok. An effect to top people after AoE and the EF channel, again, pretty useful if you are in a dungeon group or you are the only healer other than that you expect people to be healed in 3 seconds (more or less the channel of EF). Its nice to see another interaction in our existing toolkit I just wish there would be less situational effects added.

You'd only do this during heavy healing intensive phases. I can't help but feel this is Blizzard statement that this will be our healer paradigm. Perhaps they could move Spirit of the Crane and give us a 3rd play style option alongside Mistwrap/Lifecycles.

Unrelated, Chi-Ji definitely needs an overhaul, the visual aspect of it is very silly and unimpressive and really doesn't live up to the hype of a Celestial. Xuen is quite cool, a good DPS cooldown. Niuzao also has the chance to be quite strong if he's able to taunt bosses (which would be weird if he wasn't as a tank talented cooldown). I think Chi-Ji should bring a beneficial effect to the raid which would make us desirable compared to other healers.

So each piece of the Order halls set has haste+mastery what a time to be alive, although will we use effuse enough to make most out of the crit buff? Guess for dungeons it will be good.
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

assuming we use only use vivify with TFT after casting one EF during an intense but short phase isn't it a possible thing ?

Deleted
    Does that mean EF targets benefit twice from mastery, or EF itself now benefits twice from mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyaald View Post
    Does that mean EF targets benefit twice from mastery, or EF itself now benefits twice from mastery?
    EF HoT makes people take 2 mastery heals instead of 1

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    EF HoT makes people take 2 mastery heals instead of 1
    lol

i just, idk

10+ Year Old Account
    good change, has the potential to make the class really stupid in burst scenarios

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    good change, has the potential to make the class really stupid in burst scenarios
    Where is Geodew? We need his theorycraft now.

Would be interesting if the EF buff allowed other MWs to benefit from the double mastery proc, then maybe our utility is to buff other MWs Kappa.
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

So Essence Font is kind of mandatory before Revival now? lol.

Seriously though... ReM->Mana Tea->RJW->EF->TFT->Vivify or EnvM

there is a potential there to have a serious big win sequence of major burst healing.

Now I'm not entirely sure which spells trigger our mastery, but the interaction with Mana Tea and Thunder Focus Tea might be a little too good. You can cast 3 times EF on one Mana Tea and cover the raid in hots seriously.

Anyways, too late to check all the potential, but any mana reduction cooldowns will be godly for mistweavers,
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch