Deleted
    That feeling when you scroll down the patch notes, just to see a single.fucking.word. change for Prot Paladin.

Been gone a while.

So what I read here...and please correct me.

Prot Paladins are the strongest tanks in Alpha ATM
    But are boring as sin and no one wants to play one, because its soul crushingly numb. Is that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is leveling Prot going to be viable in Legion? I have tried to stay away from spoilers and am just curious if I will feel forced to go Ret for leveling efficiently.

Rewyn, strongest plate tank, Guardian Druids appear to be the most powerful overall at this point. And yes, protadin is about as engaging as slamming your head into an icepick over and over.

As for the class I'm rerolling to, it's rogue at this point. Outlaw and Assassination are both highly enjoyable to me, and I'm sure one of those specs will be viable.
    Last edited by YourPalFleisch; 2016-04-22 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    Is leveling Prot going to be viable in Legion? I have tried to stay away from spoilers and am just curious if I will feel forced to go Ret for leveling efficiently.
    Nope, both healer roles and tank roles have been made efficient for leveling due to artifacts playing a big role.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTiny View Post
    You could lvl as prot completely fine for the last 2+ expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    You could lvl as prot completely fine for the last 2+ expansions.
    Yep. Just group up enemies and aoe them down. Its pretty fast.

Regarding PROT PvP :

- [Arena] Anyone knows which kind of team a prot paladin will join in arenas in Legion and be effective?
    Answer A =Nothing, -nope really-, prot still fails.
    Answer B = <insert class composition> in 2v2 3v3, possibly 5v5, according to your playtesting, and knowledge of Legion to date.

- [RBG] Were they made any good flag carriers in RBG? For instance, still this hand of protection dropping flags from you, or your partners, and still beaten by other tanks?

Share your feeling (please explain it)

(I'm not on the PTR, active burst is definetly absent as far as I know (ardent defender burst is when hit only), blessing of spellwarding sounds nice though for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Regarding PROT PvP :

- [Arena] Anyone knows which kind of team a prot paladin will join in arenas in Legion and be effective?
    Answer A =Nothing, -nope really-, prot still fails.
    Answer B = <insert class composition> in 2v2 3v3, possibly 5v5, according to your playtesting, and knowledge of Legion to date.

- [RBG] Were they made any good flag carriers in RBG? For instance, still this hand of protection dropping flags from you, or your partners, and still beaten by other tanks?

Share your feeling (please explain it)

(I'm not on the PTR, active burst is definetly absent as far as I know (ardent defender burst is when hit only), blessing of spellwarding sounds nice though for example)
    No one knows about pvp, because tuning isn't done.
    During earlier phases of alpha i was able to 1v2 ppl in arena.
    I think it's hard to say where tanks will be in pvp, as if you do healer+tank any comp with other healer won't die, but neither will you.
    We are less countered by casters than in previous expansions due to sotr negating magic dmg, having "cheaper" holy shield, and having your heal not sharing resources with sotr.

Additionally we are penalized way less for not being on target (J on cd is a lot more likely)

We also have kind of active burst with wings.

No one knows about pvp, because tuning isn't done.
    During earlier phases of alpha i was able to 1v2 ppl in arena.
    I think it's hard to say where tanks will be in pvp, as if you do healer+tank any comp with other healer won't die, but neither will you.
    We are less countered by casters than in previous expansions due to sotr negating magic dmg, having "cheaper" holy shield, and having your heal not sharing resources with sotr.

Additionally we are penalized way less for not being on target (J on cd is a lot more likely)

We also have kind of active burst with wings.
    Ok prot is subject to change, of course. Is there a kind of consensus on flag carriers though, yet, as long as not everything is changed? Druids still considered way too fast for Prot to compete in Legion, Warriors/Monks still too mobile, DK too self-healing sufficient?....

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Ok prot is subject to change, of course. Is there a kind of consensus on flag carriers though, yet, as long as not everything is changed? Druids still considered way too fast for Prot to compete in Legion, Warriors/Monks still too mobile, DK too self-healing sufficient?....
    Honestly, that I'm not sure about, as the constant work on pvp talents greatly changes. FWIW prot is fairly mobile right now, with the holy pony pvp talent + lvl 100 one.

Deleted
    Honestly, that I'm not sure about, as the constant work on pvp talents greatly changes. FWIW prot is fairly mobile right now, with the holy pony pvp talent + lvl 100 one.
    Assuming the holy pony ever actually works at all in the first place.

the icon for Divine Steed has changed, looks like a blue crusader aura icon now. Also looks like they listened to the class mount thing. my tauren has a Kodo when using the ability

::edited:: light of the protector looks like it got a new icon as well
    Last edited by Komanchi; 2016-04-22 at 03:52 PM.

Some other people thoughts on Prot PvP?

Avenging Wrath is not good burst as far as I see it (ardent defender is, but it is being hit only), divine charger is a bit mobility though, but on a long enough cd.

Any taker?

Anyone have a weakaura I can paste right in the middle of my screen that tracks damage that Savior's Boon does? Preferably that I can add SKILL METER to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wimzer View Post
    Anyone have a weakaura I can paste right in the middle of my screen that tracks damage that Savior's Boon does? Preferably that I can add SKILL METER to.
    You want total over the course of the fight, per each proc, or per individual hit ?

You want total over the course of the fight, per each proc, or per individual hit ?

Course of the entire fight. We've been "farming" up to Manny every week but running out of time to attempt him, so I just want something to base my UI around since all of the fights bar Tyrant are a snoozefest.

Deleted
    Loving how Blood dk gets tons of changes/spells/talents every build while prot havent got a single one since its first implementation on alpha ResidentSleeper

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh before Blood they did the same work on Guardian. I'm really hoping they're doing each tank one at a time and will eventually get to Paladin.

However... It doesn't fill me with hope when you see the blue post collection on the main page and there's a long post on feedback for ret, a long post about holy... And nothing on prot.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Question about the holy pony, does it force you to move or can you just use the pony and stand still? Just curious with the 100 pony talent turning it into a 20% damage reduction with a very short CD.