Thread: Velhari who?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dont get why people are so salty, @OP gratz on the speed kills mate , blizz created a ring and a trinket with "dmg absorb + unleash" after certain time and they did exactly that.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    It's shit like this that makes me question why Blizzard deemed EDH worthwhile to nerf but not Soul Cap/Doom Nova
    Yup. This tier gets more and more retarded as it goes on.

This is pretty hilarious. Its fun for the guild. It gives them something to do for the next 4 months.

But holy shit its bad PR and its absolutely damning in regards to the tuning and the balance of this tier when it comes to trinkets, the ring and even tier pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    Absolutely invalidated. We left a pack outside one time and some barrage or starfall in P3 grabbed the pack to inside the boss' room and that log got invalidated without even being ranked since we did so much more damage with the P3 buff on stuff not supposed to be in the encounter

Those add pads pre pull arent supposed to be in the encounter either
    Yours would have been invalid because the adds were pulled while the boss was active.

This is a little more of a grey area because the adds were not active during the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Have you ever played a mage in a fight that lasts for more than a minute? It's not as easy as you think especially if the movement is a lot. The spec would be useless if the burn isn't good.

The top logs of fights that last for 10 sec are irrelevant in progression.
    so our mage is top dps every week at M archimonde because we're all terrible players and he's just that good huh?

Have you ever played a mage in a fight that lasts for more than a minute? It's not as easy as you think especially if the movement is a lot. The spec would be useless if the burn isn't good.

The top logs of fights that last for 10 sec are irrelevant in progression.
    The spec was just fine pre-Doom Nova. And then Doom Nova came and mages started obliterating everyone on single target (and not only), even in progression. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    No flaw in the game is being abused, though. I still think it should be invalidated, but not because it is an exploit.

What would the "flaw" be anyway? Everything done in this kill is utilizing the mechanics of the game that are intended, they were just employed in an unintended fashion. There's no "bug" in charging up rings and soulcaps and exploding them on a boss. That's how those items work.
    You probably thought pulling trash on dark shamans to inflate dps was legitimate too.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    Meanwhile there's a 2second HFA kill as the rank 1 speedkill on WCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    You probably thought pulling trash on dark shamans to inflate dps was legitimate too.
    The interesting thing about this log is that trash doesn't show up on it and doesn't directly contribute to DPS (even though we all know how it works). I'd say clever use of the WCL rules, and thanks Blizzard for breaking the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Granted it's cheesing something else, but I think there's even less care because a) there's no thread advertising it and b) the only reason it can be considered a boss is because you get loot at the end
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Yup. This tier gets more and more retarded as it goes on.

This is pretty hilarious. Its fun for the guild. It gives them something to do for the next 4 months.

But holy shit its bad PR and its absolutely damning in regards to the tuning and the balance of this tier when it comes to trinkets, the ring and even tier pieces.
    WTB One tier where Str. Classes get a pants on head retarded trinket and Agi/Int ones don't, oh and hope it doesn't get nerfed into the ground.

DBW doesn't count, AGI classes made great use of it too.

I still don't get why they fuckin nerfed EDH, it wasnt op at all, especially not compared to PoF or soul cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    so our mage is top dps every week at M archimonde because we're all terrible players and he's just that good huh?
    When you farm Archi M reliably, do you think it's a regular fight? It's not, it's the hardest boss in the game and you farm it reliably. See your logs when you killed it for the 1st time and see if you struggled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    The spec was just fine pre-Doom Nova. And then Doom Nova came and mages started obliterating everyone on single target (and not only), even in progression. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here.
    Have you even checked the logs? Start by searching for fights that last longer than 2 minutes. In almost all cases of very long fights that resulted to a kill, mages are not first, and fire is higher than arcane in one or two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    Legitimate by what definition? Blizzard's? WCL's? It was "legitimate" by both. So yeah, I'm inclined to think something along those lines.

Deleted
    Legitimate by what definition? Blizzard's? WCL's? It was "legitimate" by both. So yeah, I'm inclined to think something along those lines.
    People are far too butthurt about something they seem to brush off with "oh they just pulled some trash into the encounter". Instead of go and do it themselves.

Wow players in a nutshell since 2k8

Have you even checked the logs? Start by searching for fights that last longer than 2 minutes. In almost all cases of very long fights that resulted to a kill, mages are not first, and fire is higher than arcane in one or two of them.
    I raided BRF mythic just fine to know that people were playing Arcane in single target because it was strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Velikanthehunter View Post
    People are far too butthurt about something they seem to brush off with "oh they just pulled some trash into the encounter". Instead of go and do it themselves.

Wow players in a nutshell since 2k8
    It's pretty common in all aspects of life to look down on people you consider 'trying too hard' relative to what they are doing. Pulling extra trash to aoe on dark shamans fulfils that because they're trying way too hard to get a rank compared to your average.

Sure you can go "oh yeah look they thought outside the box" but then you think they're going out of their way to epeen, basically. It's a hard to not feel some level of pity.
    @Azortharion WCL was only just gaining traction back in SoO and didn't have the audience to legitimately start cleaning out cheesy logs at the time. This became much more of a 'thing' in WoD when WCL was the go-to.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-04-22 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Pfft.. I don't understand why people are getting so holier than thou when it comes to "exploits". If you look at the speed ranks for most of the bosses, they are the same handful of guilds holding the top spots, and they're all pretty close. If this is what guilds want to do at this point in the expansion, fair enough! it gives them something to focus on and probably compete amongst themselves for.

If they were getting first kills on a boss or something by doing this kinda thing - fine - i get why people would be upset - but it isn't. Just let people focus on doing something if its fun for god sake...

No flaw in the game is being abused, though. I still think it should be invalidated, but not because it is an exploit.

What would the "flaw" be anyway? Everything done in this kill is utilizing the mechanics of the game that are intended, they were just employed in an unintended fashion. There's no "bug" in charging up rings and soulcaps and exploding them on a boss. That's how those items work.

It's not a flaw, but lets be fair - you were abusing the mechanics of a trash-buff to carry damage into the boss fight. Everytime this has been done previously, it has been patched to not work (although kills have stood, because "clever use of game mechanics"). Noteable examples are spellstealing buffs from trash mobs on Garajal, and spellstealing buffs from Freya trash on Hodir. There is no difference to what happens in this video and back then, except this tier we have items that can delay damage, which means it spirals out of control like this; Had you carried the raid to however many stacks of the debuff you took, then pulled the boss while using the buff to burst the initial ring explosion, it'd have been the *exact* same scenario as the aforementioned events. We're just able to take it one further now because of delayed damage ;P.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    WTB One tier where Str. Classes get a pants on head retarded trinket and Agi/Int ones don't, oh and hope it doesn't get nerfed into the ground.

DBW doesn't count, AGI classes made great use of it too.
    While not a trinket, Gurth from Dragon Soul was probably stronger than Shadowmourne was back in it's day. Those tentacles absolutely annihilated stuff, and it was by far the most powerfull single item in that entire tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    How is that even possible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmaxyz View Post
    How is that even possible?
    Something where you actually do real exploiting with the logs. Not kill it with clever game mechanics like we did. I know that most guilds have considered this as a possibility to kill the boss fast, but it seems we were the first to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaj View Post
    Not kill it with clever game mechanics like we did.
    not really the word I would use, but depends on your definition of clever I suppose
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-04-23 at 12:20 PM.