Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Blizzard on Cancelled MMO: "We Failed Horrifically"

So, they are human. They do make mistakes.
    Don't post this. People will be angry that Blizzard can do mistake and misjudge.

On topic though, I would've hated to be part of that team. Having your work from the past few years anihilated because you can't attain a certain quality level is soul-breaking.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2016-04-22 at 10:46 AM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirra View Post
    I think that statement of realization would look slightly different. Especially if we take into consideration that he's one of proponents of Legacy servers... In the end, even if he had been blind before and suddenly realized the truth, then you should be happy for it, no? Calling him "blizzdrone" could just drive him into defensive stance, where he doesn't accept any arguments... Really, approaching someone with hate just results in hate thrown back... Just as Shaohao said after Garrosh's fall
    It's obviously possible that his statement was meant in a sarcastic way, but then he didn't convey that properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall of Chyna View Post
    It's not about time. It's not just about a new MMO. They can't even make WoW a proper MMO anymore. They failed, not because of time, but because of inability. Warlords of Draenor and the current state of the game in general should be proof enough of that.
    You seem to confuse "a prope MMO" with "arguably best MMORPG", WoW is a proper MMO, even if you hate it.

More like, until you stop falling on your ass, I'm gonna consider you a bad biker.
    That's what I thought, you consider "making a mistake" and "consistently making similar mistakes" the same thing. Okay then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Titan = Overwatch MMO.
    Thank god that was not made!
    That universe is just too silly for making a immersive MMO. Suitable for quick, accessible action, though!
    It would have been about on par with Wildstar in terms of silliness... They made a pretty decent MMO, it flopped but it's miles ahead of most of the MMO games released over the years.

So instead they make it into a repetitive e-sport? Really?

Maybe they just realized that small games like HS, HotS and OW will get them much more money than something big like Diablo, SC or WoW.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if the new Diablo game they are hiring for is a better version of Nosgoth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    You seem to confuse "a prope MMO" with "arguably best MMORPG", WoW is a proper MMO, even if you hate it.
    Standing around in your garrison, operating menus and then queuing for dungeons is not an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    That's what I thought, you consider "making a mistake" and "consistently making similar mistakes" the same thing. Okay then.
    Are you pretending that they only ever made one mistake? Jesus. Of course they consistently make the same mistakes over and over again. They are not just making mistakes. They are deliberately sabotaging their own game. Because no one can be so stupid to make these mistakes over and over again.

Deleted
    Watched the episode, it's sad when something you work so hard on, just doesn't work out.

Though the most important thing is always how do you recover from it.

-

Though I'm still so curious about titan mmo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Maybe they just realized that small games like HS, HotS and OW will get them much more money than something big like Diablo, SC or WoW.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if the new Diablo game they are hiring for is a better version of Nosgoth.
    Not really a sub based game would still give them tripple to quadruple profits over time.

I think they went with shooter because it's probably a lot easier to build in a short notice than say an MMO.

I do think someday they'll make an MMO but they'll probably be more cautious about the project itself.

It's a cool documentary. It's great that they have the balls, and not least the cash and the liberty to go and say, screw it, it doesn't work. Let's scrap it and get in the headspace we need to be. Normally, a studio would be forced to yank something out, and sometimes that's how those clearly unfinished, conflicted, lackluster, disjointed games that you see every once in a while come into being. This is one of those things that people forget when they go on about Blizzard belonging to greedy Activision now and being ruined by them.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Thank you captain obvious. Now let's find out what idiotic way you try and spin this into why Legacy server's are a God-given Right.

Contribute constructively
    Boo-hoo, contribute constructively. It a was funny, witty and harmless comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty interesting video.

Looking forward to part 2.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

This should give us an insight on why would it be wrong to delve into some of the "recent fads". Failing horrifically on something already dried up years ago that has all the red flags to fail horrifically must be even worse than trying something new and failing.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

No. They applied most of what they got out of it to WoW. They may have taken concepts from the Titan world and made it into Overwatch but I know for a fact the backbone of the game was added onto WoW when they decided to just stick with WoW as the company's MMO. Things like real time patching(making changes without having to bring down realms) were part of the tech being developed for Titan. I beleive cross realms were part of the tech as well. The more advanced phasing features. All of that.

They also decided when they debuted Overwatch that they were out of the MMO market. WoW is it until it dies and then no more.

Standing around in your garrison, operating menus and then queuing for dungeons is not an MMO.
    The definition of the game is not limited to how you play it, sorry. If you are only staying in your garrison and never playing with anyone else, it's your own fault.
    WoW is still a MMO, whether you like or not.

Are you pretending that they only ever made one mistake? Jesus. Of course they consistently make the same mistakes over and over again. They are not just making mistakes. They are deliberately sabotaging their own game. Because no one can be so stupid to make these mistakes over and over again.
    I'm counting Titan as a mistake. So I'm counting one, but this just my opinion, as you can have yours.

I understand that you think that everything in current WoW is bad and that's fine, it still doesn't change that the game is an MMO.

its awesome to hear him talk about them failing like that and how it made them feel bad, good to hear, i know its not something you want to admit to but it helps people understand the internal struggles blizzard faced from 2011 to now

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish we would've been able to at least see what it was all about. 10 seconds of gameplay at least. I guess it was just that bad that they didn't want to show any of it and wanted people to just forget about it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

They should make the same statement about Wod
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Blizzard on Cancelled MMO: "We Failed Horrifically"

So, they are human. They do make mistakes.

Update:
    As of 2:31 PM, Friday, April 22, 2016 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

The 20 minute Blizzard interview video that was on the linked GameSpot page has been replaced with a 2 minute "News Update".
    Sorry folks.

New link:
    http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-s.../2300-6431806/
    They've also scrapped Ghost, the original World of Warcraft (watch their history) which was coming before Warcraft 3 and any game that never made it far enough to be announced.

It's clear you have no understanding of the software development industry or how business works in general.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry mister delusional I know it all I dunno where you live but in my enviroment people tend to enjoy playing on smartphones and tablets more then on a pc.
    So claiming nothing has change the last 20 years is completly wrong. 20 years ago to play you used either a pc or a console. times change, deal with it!
    So not a time issue it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Don't post this. People will be angry that Blizzard can do mistake and misjudge.

On topic though, I would've hated to be part of that team. Having your work from the past few years anihilated because you can't attain a certain quality level is soul-breaking.
    Or it could be viewed as an opportunity to do something better. Half full vs. half empty sort of thing.

Regarding Titan itself, I would actually like to see what it was, even if it is an abortion at this point. Sure, I'm inclined to believe Kaplan if he's stating it was an embarassment, failure, etc., but that still doesn't deter me from wanting to see what might've been. Personally, I've speculated it was a MMOFPS or something similar, but that's an easy conclusion to draw given the fact many folks working on Titan became the OW team (see, glass half full).

So video basically confirms the A-team got moved off WoW a long time ago and this is probably why they do less now despite having more people.

>Sets out to make a MMO

>Ends up with a FPS game that was already been done in form of TF2.

They didnt make anything from titan, they scrapped it 100% and then big brother Activision wanted results, so they made a easy FPS game.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO