Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I will not be friends with liberals, ever.

Deleted
    I wish people on FB would STFU about politics - on verge of purging my FB

Nope but i heard people unfriend them on facebook and the likes for not sharing the same views lol.

i un friended a guy on facebook about 8 years ago when he posted some huge pro obama shit. and id still slap the shit out of em today!
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost a lifelong friend because I thought the ice bucket challenge was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Wow that's a new low right there, on your friends behalf ofc.

Deleted
    It was stupid

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But it is stupid.

Ugh. It's horrible when a friendship breaks up over something that is ultimately very trivial. I know that feeling. >_>

not thatIve noticed

but the only polotics things Ive ever posted tend to be supporting borris to run for PM or ripping into trump.

I tend to do the defriending, I probably wouldn't deefriend someone for a political view because Im not that into it, so for all I know they mnight be speaking sense even ifI dont like it or mis interupt it.

I defriend people who

Post pictures of before and after food (there is a place reserved in hell for these people)
    Havent spoken to in ages
    People who randomly speak and you know they are about to ask for something or a favour.
    Connections through someone else, an ex's family or friends or your best mates mate who you met once from uni.
    The randomer who you meet out, friends you, never speaks to you unless they are drunk and see you out on town.

I could go on, but I generally trying to keep my list below 200, Im on 194 atm and have no one I can remove (its a big family)

With 18 different religious sects and a 15 year civil war, personally (maybe miraculously), no.

I got a guy that was a scrub a job as my wife was friends with his wife. I covered his ass for two years.

Was Facebook friends with him. I made a comment about Margaret Thatcher and he got into a massive argument with me. He hated her and wished her the deepest hell. I just said from what I've read (I teach politics) she did a lot to save Britain from going bankrupt and yeah some people who were sucking on the government tit had a hard time dealing with it.

He unfriended and blocked me. I can't even see when he posts on mutual friend's FB pages.

I have tons of super political friends that post all kinds of stuff that bugs me. I don't unfriend them, I unfollow them and don't have to see their xxx bashing nonsense.

I just wish I knew what an immature bitch the guy was before I stuck my neck out to get him a job.

Lesson learned: I don't argue politics on FB or with people I know. I also will NEVER get someone that isn't a close personal friend of mine a job.

Deleted
    I don't think I've been defriended since I don't really care about politics, but I've removed some obnoxious neo-nazi types glorifying the third reich and doing nothing but post Hitler videos and exclaiming how happy it made them. Apparently my name is also the title of some nazi marching song and they posted it on my wall atleast a few times a week, while all the other posts seemed to be blatant racism.

Believing all that stuff is fine and all, just do it somewhere where no one is bothered by it, jeez

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sammich View Post
    Friends aren't going to "defriend" you, you are just weeding out the folks that aren't friends.

Election cycles do tend to get a bit rough though, me and my best friend tend to avoid politics right now, he's a berniebot, and i'm all in on the Trump train. That's such a small bit of who we are though.
    I know the feel. Almost all of my lefty friends think Bernie is the savior of mankind, and all my right wing friends thing Ted Cruz is the man.

And here I am, being somewhat on board with Trump.

Deleted
    Tbh I sometimes feel the urge to defriend some people who voted for currently ruling party in Poland. Ever since they won it's been a total mess.

Haven't done it yet because I don't see my wall spammed with political crap so that's +.

- - - Updated - - -

he wasn't a friend then