Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    If the character panels displays only the stats you currenty have, instead of displaying everyhting with many 0% or fixed percent values, I don't really see the issue.

But i'd like to be able to see the ratings instead of the pure %.
    If you mouseover it displays ratings. Might be nice to have a toggle for which is default though.

Deleted
    As someone with dyscalculia, this is great! The less numbers on my screen simultaneously, the better. The percentages are also way easier to understand than random huge numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It should be an option "Show advanced character interface" that defaults off. That way new players / normal people can have the new simple version and other people can use the old version.

Everybody wins.

Why do they consistently go for the approach where one group of players lose out when there is an alternative where everybody could be happy?
    No one is losing out. Stats that matter to your spec will be there. The ones that do not apply to your spec, have no reason to be seen.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its fine but its yet another thing people will cry about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Also what's up with the way they show ilvl? Maybe we should get a neon sign over our characters flashing people our ilvl next
    reminds me of the EPEEN April fools joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Too simplified for sure.
    Another addon it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    I cant believe the amount of people that seem to care about seeing their movement speed lol
    For those who farm old content it's a fairly important stat, I personally stack whatever I can that gives movement speed because that's the most time consuming part of older raids/dungeons. So yeah it's something I care about seeing.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does look to oversimplified, tbh, although I'm not gonna cry over it. I would've preferred it if stats that weren't needed were removed from the current UI, e.g. the spell section for my hunter.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is their first iteration. Give them some feedback and they might add new things. Yes it is oversimplified but everything that I see is things I found somewhat important, I dont give a fuck about my spellpower so why should I see it?

10+ Year Old Account
    That giant item level number made me chuckle.

Oh boy.

But I actually like it to be smarter. EG: I don't give a shit about all them melee stats on my priestess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigglez08 View Post
    I actually like it. Only thing I would like to see added, if anything; is movement speed. Other than that, I approve!
    ^ This. Having stats appear as you acquire them is ok... I would like to see what the tertiary frame looks like... and will that pane include Defensive (Tank) stats, Spirit (Healing) stats and fun things like Leech?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azutael View Post
    Too simplified for sure.
    Another addon it is then.
    what are you missing?

Just in case anyone is curious about stats that may be displayed.

Attributes:
    - Strength or Agility or Intellect;
    - Stamina;
    - Armor;
    - Mana Regen (healers only).

Enhancements:
    - Crit;
    - Haste;
    - Mastery;
    - Versatility;
    - Leech;
    - Avoidance.

Do we need anything else? O_o
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-04-22 at 01:04 PM.

Yes oversimplified. One more step towards console.

Addon will be very popular for this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Because we all know how integral seeing agility/defense/block/ect for casters, amirite? Insert any other proper analogy there.

People will literally complain about anything.
    Are you having trouble reading or? I stated I wasn't complaining, I even said the panel was awesome except for this small tiny thing. I personally think having options is good, so maybe for the people that want to see the "clusterfuck" (even though it was organized) of numbers than there should be that option.

As I stated before though, it's not that big of a deal, but I don't see the problem of having options either.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-04-22 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yes oversimplified. One more step towards console.

Addon will be very popular for this.
    Yes, of course. I, for one, absolutely require the knowledge that my warlock has exactly 550 Strength and 983 Agility and that my Dodge is exactly 3%, no more and no less. And the melee damage stats? Absolutely essential. They pretty much determine my viability in a raid! What are those crazy people at Blizzard thinking, dumbing down the game like that, I mean, my attack power might be 0, but it's a zero I absolutely must see to be able to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It looks cleaner but all the devs did was force people to get an addon to see everything else since all the data it doesn't show is still in the api.
    Well what they did was clean it up, since the majority of that information is unneeded. Which makes the ui more intuitive for newer players as well as long time players, which is extremely important.

Veteran players who want the rest of the information for some reason (I'm not sure what information is missing that people want) will just DL an addon which veteran players already know how to do.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

And that was better?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Currently this game is being designed for players, who don't want to know anything about any numbers.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    The new stat panel is pretty good in my opnion, but if you can increase anyother stat, which is not the primary ones, then blizzard must allow us to see it. Stuff like movement speed, lifesteal, and if still implemented, avoidance. I don't want to have something increased and then feel needed to hunt down the specific gear piece, which increases this hidden stat.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.