I think the level range for summons is 20 below and above your current level. So not hard to find people to summon thanks to that, course it does seem to fail more often then not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I think the level range for summons is 20 below and above your current level. So not hard to find people to summon thanks to that, course it does seem to fail more often then not for me.
    If its a private summon aka using a password then there is no level range.

Good chance it works like Bloodborne for public. The level range is big and what NG you are in doesn't matter at all.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-22 at 05:16 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Co-op is done by the usual +-10+10% along with weapon level +-2. Deleting your weapon doesn't change that weapon level.
    Password like bloodborne is just(oddly) scaling down.

I see some people talking about multi buffing... What more buffs are there than resins, excluding stamina leaf and magic?

Oh and about difficulty/summoning help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c

For some reason only link is posted, might fix after work.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Invaders have the advantage of mobs, and you have the advantage of more estus. I prefer the mobs though.
    And the advantage of a gank squad. 3-4 vs 1 all the time. Sometimes I almost kill someone but then BAM greatsword/hammer slam and i am down. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    And the advantage of a gank squad. 3-4 vs 1 all the time. Sometimes I almost kill someone but then BAM greatsword/hammer slam and i am down. lol
    Iron Flesh works sometimes, just need a good weapon/spell to go along with it. Not vs lightning tho...
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Alright, so my funniest invasion just happened. I had just finished a boss and the enemies afterward and was JUST going to sit down at a bonfire aaand... invader. I have focus for 2 pyromancies and no ashen estus left and since I'm a pyro I've completely ignored weapons. Without focus I can't do shit. So I throw two CFO's at him and then I start throwing punches. He gets me to ~5% hp and I decide to just embrace death... only he doesn't give it to me. So we stand there in silence, looking at each other and then I use the stretch out gesture.

Out of nowhere comes a blue Sentinel. I had completely forgotten to change my covenant so I was still in way of the blue(this was in lothric castle). The blue Sentinel just completely kicks my invaders ass while I lay stretched out on the floor and so I won the invasion. Thank you blue sentinel, whoever you are <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnecyl View Post
    Alright, so my funniest invasion just happened. I had just finished a boss and the enemies afterward and was JUST going to sit down at a bonfire aaand... invader. I have focus for 2 pyromancies and no ashen estus left and since I'm a pyro I've completely ignored weapons. Without focus I can't do shit. So I throw two CFO's at him and then I start throwing punches. He gets me to ~5% hp and I decide to just embrace death... only he doesn't give it to me. So we stand there in silence, looking at each other and then I use the stretch out gesture.

Out of nowhere comes a blue Sentinel. I had completely forgotten to change my covenant so I was still in way of the blue(this was in lothric castle). The blue Sentinel just completely kicks my invaders ass while I lay stretched out on the floor and so I won the invasion. Thank you blue sentinel, whoever you are <3
    Da da daaaaaa, super blue sentinel to the rescuuuue! (That wasn't me, btw. Just the first thing that came to mind after reading your story)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I heart the Blue Bros. I was in an intense mexican roll off when a Blue spawned between us and simply used the cleric force to knock him off killing him instantly. I laughed, he laughed, then the toaster laughed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what weapon to pick, the Demon Greataxe, or the Demon Fist. I have the stats for both (minus 4 points in strength for the axe, but I can two hand it though) too hard of a choice to pick.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I see some people talking about multi buffing... What more buffs are there than resins, excluding stamina leaf and magic?

Oh and about difficulty/summoning help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c

For some reason only link is posted, might fix after work.
    Thank you. I'll link that video every time someone asks for an easy mode in Soulsbourne games.

Deleted
    I'm so fucking disheartened by the last 4 trophies... I don't mind playing the game several times over for the +1 and +2 rings but I do mind killing the same 2 enemies for over 10 hours just to get proof of concord kept.
    I've run around both as a blue sentinel and a Blade of the Darkmoon for several hours at different level intervals and I haven't been summoned ONCE.
    The only covenants I've managed to get item for from online play is Sunbros and Mound Makers. Watchdogs of Farron, Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon, Aldrich Faithful is absolutely impossible for me to get any summons in, especially the first 2.

I didn't play much online in DS1 and 2 but was it the same way there?

I'm a person who really enjoys getting all trophies for a game, but farming 3 different enemies for a total of 20-30 hours which is equivalent to a playthrough of the entire game isn't something I look forward to at all...

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I don't know what weapon to pick, the Demon Greataxe, or the Demon Fist. I have the stats for both (minus 4 points in strength for the axe, but I can two hand it though) too hard of a choice to pick.
    You know you don't have to pick any of them ? First playthrough all you need is Straight Sword/Estoc/UGS... Or maybe a spear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You know you don't have to pick any of them ? First playthrough all you need is Straight Sword/Estoc/UGS... Or maybe a spear...
    I'd rather have an expanded choice of weapons to use as opposed to use the same weapon the entire game.

One shot Dragonslayer with a Pyro build. Was expecting to have trouble with this boss like a few other people have. I guess Nameless king is the next challenge. Not sure how my pyro build is gonna handle the twins with the teleporting but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so fucking disheartened by the last 4 trophies... I don't mind playing the game several times over for the +1 and +2 rings but I do mind killing the same 2 enemies for over 10 hours just to get proof of concord kept.
    I've run around both as a blue sentinel and a Blade of the Darkmoon for several hours at different level intervals and I haven't been summoned ONCE.
    The only covenants I've managed to get item for from online play is Sunbros and Mound Makers. Watchdogs of Farron, Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon, Aldrich Faithful is absolutely impossible for me to get any summons in, especially the first 2.

I didn't play much online in DS1 and 2 but was it the same way there?

I'm a person who really enjoys getting all trophies for a game, but farming 3 different enemies for a total of 20-30 hours which is equivalent to a playthrough of the entire game isn't something I look forward to at all...
    The Scholar of the First Sin version of Dark Souls 2 required you to get to NG++ but other than that the only covenants you had to farm were the Warriors of Sunlight and the Pilgrims of Dark, both of which were easy and PVE covenants.

I don't mind them throwing in some PVP to get the Platinum, a platinum trophy should require you to explore all aspects of the game. But this shit is fucking ridiculous. You have to max out almost every single covenant. It's stupid as hell. I've been debating whether I'll Platinum it or not. I've platinumed DS2 and Bloodborne (don't own DS1 on PS3.) and I really wanted to Plat this too but it's a huge pain in the ass. I wouldn't be surprised if they buff the drop rates of the covenant items to be honest so I might hold off for a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The Scholar of the First Sin version of Dark Souls 2 required you to get to NG++ but other than that the only covenants you had to farm were the Warriors of Sunlight and the Pilgrims of Dark, both of which were easy and PVE covenants.

I don't mind them throwing in some PVP to get the Platinum, a platinum trophy should require you to explore all aspects of the game. But this shit is fucking ridiculous. You have to max out almost every single covenant. It's stupid as hell. I've been debating whether I'll Platinum it or not. I've platinumed DS2 and Bloodborne (don't own DS1 on PS3.) and I really wanted to Plat this too but it's a huge pain in the ass. I wouldn't be surprised if they buff the drop rates of the covenant items to be honest so I might hold off for a bit.
    I'd rather have to play through ng+++++ than farm the same enemies for hours on end. I really wish there was an item like "Blue Eye Orb" or that Blue Sentinels came to the rescue for everyone, not just Way of the Blue players. I mean, you get the Warriors of Sunlight thingie like 15 minutes after Way of the Blue and who would pick WotB over being a sunbro?

I don't dislike the pvp in itself, but I dislike the fact that you can play through the entire game as a Blue Sentinel and not get summoned once.

Deleted
    I 100%'ed the game a few days ago. Hardest boss for me was the twin prince. Nameless king I heard alot of ppl thought was hard, but as soon as you got to phase 2 it was just like any other boss, dodge and win. Phase 1 was hard for me the first times due to not understanding why he breathed fire, when I understood that I killed him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have to play through ng+++++ than farm the same enemies for hours on end. I really wish there was an item like "Blue Eye Orb" or that Blue Sentinels came to the rescue for everyone, not just Way of the Blue players. I mean, you get the Warriors of Sunlight thingie like 15 minutes after Way of the Blue and who would pick WotB over being a sunbro?

I don't dislike the pvp in itself, but I dislike the fact that you can play through the entire game as a Blue Sentinel and not get summoned once.
    Yup. Blue Eye Orb would've remedied it a lot.

Twins was also one shot with a pyro build, though his teleport almost killed me a couple of times, fun fight compared to other double boss fight in the series.