Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm just waiting for Cybran to come in and tell us how this is discrimination against Eastern Europeans by the Fascist EUSSR. Aaaaaaaaany moment now....
    I beat you to it! He's from bulgaria though, not romania IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I beat you to it! He's from bulgaria though, not romania IIRC.
    Yeah I know. Which automatically makes Romania a better place in my book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Why does everyone treat Romania like a nation of criminals?!?
    Beaucse its a nation of Gipsys

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    So Romania shouldn't have to pay what it owes? and holding them to account for their debt is somehow treating them like 'a national of criminals'?
    I'm seeing an increase in this type of mentality. All i hear is people not wanting to pay for the shit they owe and when the authorities enforce the payment, they scream abuse ahah
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Nearly 200 million people watch it.
    Wow, there are more homosexuals in the world than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    ahah
    I don't know why, but when people write ha ha like ah ah I always think of this.

Then people wonder why Canada requires a visa for Romanians. Third world country.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I don't know why, but when people write ha ha like ah ah I always think of this.
    More like this :P
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    As a Romanian this is very funny, as almost nobody here watches that channel and they have been neck-deep in debt for a long time due to poor management. Basically TVR is a relic of 20-30 years ago that is mostly popular among the elderly rural community because it featured stuff nobody under 50 is interested in and it is also free(sort of, since you pay for it from your taxes) or at least was popular before we got rid of analog transmissions so you need a fancy antenna to watch it now instead of a basic cheap one and that demographic can't be bothered to/doesn't have money "upgrade". Whoever elects the manager of this channel kept putting in charge only people that had no idea how to manage a company and thus we got here. Besides football, this farce of a contest was the only thing anyone tuned in to watch on TVR and I couldn't care less what double digit place the nobody we send this year got.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Beaucse its a nation of Gipsys
    No, it is not. They're not even 5% of the population. There are more hungarians here than gypsies.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Then people wonder why Canada requires a visa for Romanians. Third world country.
    I am not fond of my country, but it's not a third world country. By every definition that I know of it is not.
    Last edited by mmoc1a4edce727; 2016-04-22 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of other international competitions for them to lose in.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

This is rather interesting, it's very popular to bash Romania for some reason, and yet unlike people bashing let's say the US, people bashing Romania don't get any infractions. Maybe because there aren't any moderators from Romania ?
    I also don't get where the hate comes from, the country is doing rather well after the recession and it's not on the verge of destroying the EU economy, unlike some other countries.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2016-04-22 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    That's not very Sweden-like.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    This is rather interesting, it's very popular to bash Romania for some reason, and yet unlike people bashing let's say the US, people bashing Romania don't get any infractions. Maybe because there aren't any mods from Romania ?
    I also don't get where the hate comes from, the country is doing rather well after the recession and it's not on the verge of destroying the Eurozone, like Greece for example.
    How is making fun of a country that didnt pay the outstanding owes from 2007 bashing? It's a fun story imho, something went wrong with that payment! Maybe you had to buy some new silver bullets in case Dracula returns, who knows I'm sure there is a legit reason for that unpaid bill.

As for the reputation romania has in europe its just that we are swarmed with professional criminal gangs from your country stealing our stuff. The amount of welfare abusers from romania is also a problem, we don't need additional welfare recievers that spawn kid after kid like a Zerg Queen in starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    As for the reputation romania has in europe its just that we are swarmed with professional criminal gangs from your country stealing our stuff. The amount of welfare abusers from romania is also a problem, we don't need additional welfare recievers that spawn kid after kid like a Zerg Queen in starcraft.
    I'm not from Romania by the way.
    Also, there is literally no way to control this, if you can imagine. The majority of the "criminal gangs" are from a certain social group, and because of democracy you can't say "these people can't leave the country". Billions of euros have been poured into attempts to improve the situation with these social groups and everything has failed miserably.
    Thing is, 90% of the criminals are from 5% of the population, you can't judge an entire country by this.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I'm not from Romania by the way.
    Also, there is literally no way to control this, if you can imagine. The majority of the "criminal gangs" are from a certain social group, and because of democracy you can't say "these people can't leave the country". Billions of euros have been poured into attempts to improve the situation with these social groups and everything has failed miserably.
    Thing is, 90% of the criminals are from 5% of the population, you can't judge an entire country by this.
    I know. But many people do judge the entire country by the actions of those people because they don't know any better.

Happens with other countries too, sadly..

Deleted
    How is making fun of a country that didnt pay the outstanding owes from 2007 bashing? It's a fun story imho, something went wrong with that payment! Maybe you had to buy some new silver bullets in case Dracula returns, who knows I'm sure there is a legit reason for that unpaid bill.
    I already explained what was up with that unpaid bill. Also, I find it funny everytime someone brings up Dracula, since this is like the only thing foreigners know about us, but here nobody cares about vampires or Dracula. Hell, we don't even care enough to market him properly.

Well... If it makes anyone fill better, that's happening inside of the country as well. They're also stealing our stuff and it isn't our fault your system allows welfare abuse and that nobody has fixed it yet(I get that it is more complicated that that, but you'd think someone did something by now). We also have a big "Zerg infestation", mostly in the rural side. There are a lot of parents that give birth to 5-7 and even 10 children and then complain that they are poor. Also they raised the child allowance a couple of months back and that's going to fuel this even more. Not that is is that high, but still.
    Last edited by mmoc1a4edce727; 2016-04-22 at 02:53 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That' rude and not very inclusive of Sweden. You're punishing an entire people for what 1 TV station owes.
    It's their national TV corporation, basically their BBC, the government are responsible for it hence why it's used for Eurovison (or was).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Why does anybody care about the Eurovision Song Festival?
    Because hundreds of millions of people like it, you have to understand it may look to some like a bunch of comedy acts, but if somebody sees it that way then that's their inner racist watching, in reality (almost) all of the countries involved put forward decent/good acts from their nation, if it appears strange that's a cultural oddity not intentional. Sadly this is something the British public never really understood, hence us never being interested in putting forward decent acts and treating the whole thing like a comedy show.

That would be the gypsies. I won't claim that every ethnic Romanian is an angel that's never done anything wrong, but when police in say Norway arrest "Romanian citizens", it's the gypsies, and thus the general population draws the conclusion that Romanian citizens = criminals. Gypsies are contributing to a bad image of Eastern Europe in the west, with their theft, homelessness, begging, teenage pregnancies and what have you. In my opinion, media has to start using the different terms to avoid further confusion between "Romanian" and "gypsies", for instance. Also gypsies wanting to be called "Rom" or "Roma" people these days doesn't help either.

On topic: A bit of a shame. Eurovision is fun to watch, though I'm not fanatic about it. No one can ever beat Lordi though <3 Best Eurovision song

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Who cares about euro vision? The songs are crap anyway.
    Yup....

I always avoid watching it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That' rude and not very inclusive of Sweden. You're punishing an entire people for what 1 TV station owes.
    Its the state tv company that dont pay the bills of hundreds of millions (skr).
    Rude not to pay huge debts no?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.