Poll: Remove group finder?

Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

Remove the group finder tool

Make the game more social again I don't care if I have to be in a main city for 30 min to make a group.
    Merge more servers so every single one has at least a medium population and it should be no problem to build a group.

What will this do?

1. Make people interact with each other again. 5 man groups use to be so fun you would meet people chat even make new friend ect as now a days everyone just joins random groups and even end a dungeon without even speaking it is a MMO we need more interaction with each other.
    Now people just join random groups with poeple you will never see again so no one seems to care.

2. Make guild important again, now because you can PUG everything cross realm guild really lost their importance.

3. Because you play with people on your server people will behave less toxic because you will run into each other again.

What do you guys think bad / good idea ? why?

I know this will probably never happen but I feel like this game lost most of the social aspect many blame the garrison but it feels like even group content even is less social. Some might say you can still do this just write in general make your own group. Yes this is true but because everyone is in the groupfinder no one is looking in general.

I already posted this but no one seems to even read before they react

All I hear is people complaining that is takes to much time to make a group or that it use to take to much time to make a group.

As I said above before the removal they should merge more servers in order for this to work if the population is high you wouldnt spend hours finding the tank.

Also keep in mind that back that you only had 1 spec (duel spec was added in WOTLK) so everyone has 2 specs now (hell we could even get 3 specs if it was up to me)

So we are much more flexible now than back in the vanilla and it shouldnt take that much time to find a tank or healer on your server these days!

Again! Blizzard should merge more servers to get a healthy population on them again..

Note if the cross realm function is removed from the tool the tool can stay in my mind we can still use ti to find new people from your realm rather than spamming trade chat
    Last edited by Joozt; 2016-04-29 at 08:19 AM.

Deleted
    That would be great. A few downsides, but this + merging servers + #MakeDungeonsGreatAgain would be awesome.

Deleted
    most people have bigger problems with LFD/LFR/BGs/queuable content then with the group finder tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    most people have bigger problems with LFD/LFR/BGs/queuable content then with the group finder tool.

This will also be removed ofcouse

Jeez, you guys have worse ideas than the garrison system.

But how could casual bob beat the WoD heroics without the lfd buff ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, would like LFR to be removed but never gonna happen.
    LFG was present for what, 7 years? It's too integral for the game at this point. And never was a problem tbh.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Deleted
    It can't be done with current WoW.

It worked in old WoW because game was social from level 1. Leveling was much harder and slower, which encouraged players to group up to beat hard stuff. Players met other players as soon as they entered game all the way to max level. When reaching max level they were in social guild with people they've met while leveling. It was easy to find players to do dungeons with because you already had friends in friends list, guild full of social players and zones were not empty.

Dungeons were not short aoe fests, they took time. During that time you socialized, which led to adding more players to your friends list and/or guilds.

Today WoW is mostly a single player game played in god mode. Leveling is fast, dull, linear with phasing. Dungeons are 5 minutes long rush-rush-rush boring grind. Meeting new players is not possible. Removing group finder is not an option because game no longer encourages socialization and is mostly a single player game with chat interface.

Make a poll with the cross realm feature and I'll vote

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Today WoW is mostly a single player game played in god mode. Leveling is fast, dull, linear with phasing. Dungeons are 5 minutes long rush-rush-rush boring grind. Meeting new players is not possible. Removing group finder is not an option because game no longer encourages socialization and is mostly a single player game with chat interface.
    Be fair.

Some dungeons take 10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Why don't you remove yourself from the game and this forum?

@Crimewave How can you say this isn't a problem I played a lot in vanilla and I can tell you the game was alot more social.
    @Binki Well i know this will probably never happen but I think it is a good idea.
    We have to make WOW an MMO again remove the single player crap and anti social tools people should work to get a group and make one.
    This way we also get rid of the people who join and 1 wipe later leave.

Why is wow rush rush rush now because of all these tools where is the fun?

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Be fair.

Some dungeons take 10 minutes.
    To slow, get ready to be kicked!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

So you answer for those that are now on Low pop servers is of course to move. I'm in a raiding guild, but things have it so that we're not always in sync, so when I want to run dungeons I need to pug with local server players, if no pugs are available for me at 9am, then tough luck right?

As usual, all you guys want is to take things away because you have made up in your minds that it's a great idea. Times have changed, keep up or move on. If you are in such dire need of making friends and having a social hour when you play video games, maybe AOL chat rooms is where you really want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Make the game more social again I don't care if I have to be in a main city for 30 min to make a group.
    Merge more servers so every single one has at least a medium population and it should be no problem to build a group.

What will this do?

1. Make people interact with each other again. 5 man groups use to be so fun you would meet people chat even make new friend ect as now a days everyone just joins random groups and even end a dungeon without even speaking it is a MMO we need more interaction with each other.
    Now people just join random groups with poeple you will never see again so no one seems to care.

2. Make guild important again, now because you can PUG everything cross realm guild really lost their importance.

3. Because you play with people on your server people will behave less toxic because you will run into each other again.

I know this will probably never happen but I feel like this game lost most of the social aspect many blame the garrison but it feels like even group content even is less social. Some might say you can still do this just write in general make your own group. Yes this is true but because everyone is in the groupfinder no one is looking in general.
    No, why would I want this? People weren't less toxic without the LFG feature. If you spent 3 hours looking for a tank and he turned out to be bad the rage was just crazy.
    Today, getting a new player is not that big of a deal. Back then it ruined your chance of doing a dungeon that evening. You got one chance and thats it.

People weren't less toxic because you played on the same server. I remember how the Orgrimmar chat was filled with people calling others ninjas or shouting out that "never play with X because he's super bad". You pissed someone off for what ever reason and he and his guild could ruin you reputation for good. It was reroll a new character or move to another server.

No, you're idea is just bad. If you don't like the LFG then don't use it but don't ruin the game for others that want that choice.

The box has been opened. It'd be very, very difficult to close it now on Retail Versions of WoW. The outcry would be massive.

This is something that I have never fully understood. LFG and even LFR allow a player to do the things you say that it can't. The only difference is with group finder you're not waiting hours to find a tank or healer to go do a dungeon or raid. Like it was in the 'old days', you group up with four other unknowns. What is preventing you from talking or striking up a conversation with people in LFG now? Not everyone will want to talk, but people have to at least try to talk... the tools are there.. they're just more convenient for people who don't have all day to do one dungeon.

I won't deny that guilds aren't as useful as they once were. I just play in a guild of two with my wife and that's fine with me. The big difference for me I think is that people don't spend hours upon hours playing WoW anymore for a variety of reasons. There are still guilds out there you just need to find the right one for you.

I do think that the overall problem with the social aspect of the game is the fear of toxicity. Nobody enjoys being yelled at, or being told they're terrible even if they might be. It's just a game and people want to have fun. I think if there was a way to effectively discourage player toxicity that people might socialize more. It's hard to say. I don't think removing LFG or LFR is the answer though. They have the tools for you to interact with players however people are choosing not to use them. The thing that probably needs to be looked at is why this is the case and then try to remedy that problem.

Would be better if there was a incentive to make Players want to make their own groups.Like Riot does with LoL,you can choose to play the game alone but if you come with Pre-made or with friends you can get more rewards.With WoW could be,more gold,more Valor points or increase the drop chance of certain itens.It would be better to make players WANT to create the group rather then just remove a tool we have since WOTLK and piss off a lot of people.

What will this do?

1. Stop trying to force people to talk to each other. This isn't some kind of fucked up kindergarten for grownups. If people want to talk they will do that, if not they won't. They don't need you to come in and force them.

2. Guilds did not lose their importance. People who want to do stuff in guilds can do it more often now. The difference is people have access to content even if they don't have a full group.

3. You honestly think you can force people to act "non-toxic" cause you'll tell on them on the trade chat? Don't be a dumbass.

I will not go back to crying for healers/tanks/dps in the trade chat. If you don't like it, if anyone does not like it then don't use it. Find your own groups and do your shit without the group tool. If enough people don't use it they will remove it, but don't come "suggesting" this bullshit. It's the "remove flying" all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the Looking For dungeon tool was added, they were still anti-social people. And then after you find your group, you had a huge chance of it breaking apart once you agree on who to go summon. And no, they didn't always talk either. The LFG tool is a gift for all dungeoneers online.

Even if you were in a guild before LFG, it still didn't always mean it was important. The game already rewards teamwork in the guild, and yet still people don't do it much.

Hahahaha... no, that is the biggest myth ever. I'm going to sound like an old man, but back in the days, there used to be forum sections just for blacklisting people due to bahavior. Just because they are from your server doesn't mean they'll be automatically nice to you. They weren't then, nor now.

As I have stated before, I don't mind the removal of Looking For Raid, but Looking For Group is just more valuable, especially since some servers are dropping in citizens.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..