They need to busrt a bit the dmg of Chaos Tear of our Artifact Rift, should be like 40% more dmg and always crit just like regular Chaos Bolt.

Also, both Shadowy Tear and Chaos Barrage can get crit on their hits and they pretty much do the same dmg right now depending on you lucky-crit.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck??????????????

Chaos bolt is instant? Gg ez

There are some good shard regen buffs to immolate traits: (well it's better to have it baseline than through soul conduit (which has been nerfed to 20%))
    Burning Hunger Increases the critical strike chance of Immolate by 3%10%.
    Rank 2: Increases the critical strike chance of Immolate by 6%20%.
    Rank 3: Increases the critical strike chance of Immolate by 10%30%.
    Rank 4: Increases the critical strike chance of Immolate by 13%40%.
    Rank 5: Increases the critical strike chance of Immolate by 16%50%.
    Rank 6: Increases the critical strike chance of Immolate by 20%60%.
    Immolate damage has been substantionaly increased as well
    Residual Flames Increases damage dealt by Immolate by 5%10%.
    Rank 2: Increases damage dealt by Immolate by 10%20%.
    Rank 3: Increases damage dealt by Immolate by 15%30%.
    Rank 4: Increases damage dealt by Immolate by 20%40%.
    Rank 5: Increases damage dealt by Immolate by 25%50%.
    Rank 6: Increases damage dealt by Immolate by 30%60%.
    a buff to Roaring Blaze? It won't help. Blizz should revamp this talent.

Portal proc rate has been nerfed and revamped to give a full charge instead. (which is much better) (Kudos to Brusalk and other dudes for feedback)
    Dimension Ripper Incinerate has a 15% chance to reduce the remaining cooldown on Dimensional Rift by 45 sec.6% chance to grant a charge of Dimensional Rift.
    Looks like they are not going to remove Imp as a destro pet. Which is sad.
    Impish Incineration Increases damage dealt by your Imp's Firebolt by 15%18%.
    Two new PvP talents are actually very good. One of them (casting circle) is fantastic for destro. On demand aura mastery every 15s for 20s? Yes pls. CB is not dead in pvp thanks to this talent.(even if it's only works on 1 interrupt it's a very good talent - wording is not clear) The other one(Essense drain) - good for duels, maybe 2s, someone poped up cds and looking at you - take minus 50% dmg brah.

btw according to wowhead and wowdb physical school has been removed from chaos bolt damage. (so yeah we can't into cos, ams etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Looks like they are not going to remove Imp as a destro pet. Which is sad.
    They will eventually, probalby in 7.1 or 7.2 when they finally realize how stupid it is (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Felpacino View Post
    What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck??????????????

Chaos bolt is instant? Gg ez
    More likely a datamining error. If such a change was intended I feel they would mentioned it in the notes.

why are they going to remove the imp man -.- can warlocks get some cool changes plz Kappa, also chaos bolt still hits like a wet noodle at 110 lol other classes are hitting for 400k more i love no tunning ;D

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will the option to Perma Havoc sometimes reduce the single target potential all the time? Perma Havoc cleave will go in to the stratosphere if our single target damage is competitive so I'd assume there needs to be some kind of give and take.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Will the option to Perma Havoc sometimes reduce the single target potential all the time? Perma Havoc cleave will go in to the stratosphere if our single target damage is competitive so I'd assume there needs to be some kind of give and take.
    Probably maybe.

The thing is they could potentially use other talents to make up for that. Channel demonfire for instance has no purpose outside of single target, so they can tune that spell to keep our ST competitive while keeping wreak havoc strong for cleave.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They will eventually, probalby in 7.1 or 7.2 when they finally realize how stupid it is (again).
    They won't, they've gone backwards as far as pets with warlocks. And I don't see this changing any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by n00block View Post
    I'm seriously going to miss brimstone. I'm so upset about it, why does it have to go? It's probably the best implementation of caster aoe. Doing AoE as destro was such a delight.
    It's really not much different to how it was in mop, you keep down RoF, you talent into FnB and potentially cataclysm and you go to down just the same as you did.

So really the only difference is you don't toggle FnB on and you have to be talented for it. Which seems to be this common theme of needing to specifically talent into our aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    They won't, they've gone backwards as far as pets with warlocks. And I don't see this changing any time soon.
    Just odd to me, unless they put something in succubus will never see the light of day outside of maybe pvp? Demo has that one pvp talent for succubus so I guess if demo pvp ends up being a thing it might see use there. For pve I can't see succubus ever being used.

Uh, did they just remove critical strike scaling from chaos bolt completely or is that a tooltip simplification?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It's really not much different to how it was in mop, you keep down RoF, you talent into FnB and potentially cataclysm and you go to down just the same as you did.

So really the only difference is you don't toggle FnB on and you have to be talented for it. Which seems to be this common theme of needing to specifically talent into our aoe.

- - - Updated - - -

Just odd to me, unless they put something in succubus will never see the light of day outside of maybe pvp? Demo has that one pvp talent for succubus so I guess if demo pvp ends up being a thing it might see use there. For pve I can't see succubus ever being used.
    Or doomguard, unless the tuning is there. Assuming GoServ imp gets same damage modifier as permanent imp from artifact, idk if GoSup would ever be worth it for Destro.

And do you know if FnB incinerates have a single chance to refund a charge of rift, or is it each of the hits have a chance?

- snip -
    If pet damage was normalized, which it more or less is on live for destro (albeit we just run sac 100% of the time). And in MoP the choice was always there, iirc we could use the Succy/ Shivarra due to lash of pain being semi-ranged and we used the imp when constantly target switching (although once again sac).

As far as pvp is concerned our pets don't really see any use because of how fragile they are, causing everyone to default to sac.

So when i say backwards, they've basically went back to the Cata design of Aff: Felhunter, Demo: Felguard/ Felhunter (pet twisting), Destro: Imp. Effectively making destruction take a damage hit to even be able to interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    Or doomguard, unless the tuning is there. Assuming GoServ imp gets same damage modifier as permanent imp from artifact, idk if GoSup would ever be worth it for Destro.

And do you know if FnB incinerates have a single chance to refund a charge of rift, or is it each of the hits have a chance?
    I don't see why they wouldn't put some modifier in so that gosac / gosup gets a buff from said trait. They already said they had plans for such things on other classes.

IIRC they said it was a single chance somewhere, though that's all currently.

Wouldn't hurt for people to read the previous page or two to catch up on stuff before posting. Others have said it about 10 times but I'll say it again...

Our spells Chaos Bolt and Shadow Bolt are unchanged.

The Dimensional Rift portals that use the spell names Shadow Bolt and Chaos Bolt as their damage names are the ones that have been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    If pet damage was normalized, which it more or less is on live for destro (albeit we just run sac 100% of the time). And in MoP the choice was always there, iirc we could use the Succy/ Shivarra due to lash of pain being semi-ranged and we used the imp when constantly target switching (although once again sac).

As far as pvp is concerned our pets don't really see any use because of how fragile they are, causing everyone to default to sac.

So when i say backwards, they've basically went back to the Cata design of Aff: Felhunter, Demo: Felguard/ Felhunter (pet twisting), Destro: Imp. Effectively making destruction take a damage hit to even be able to interrupt.
    I'm not talking about live... I'm talking about alpha...

All 3 specs have both sup and serv as options for interrupts, though outside of pvp I can't think of any situations where I needed to interrupt as a lock.

Mythic+ dungeons come to mind.

outside of pvp I can't think of any situations where I needed to interrupt as a lock.
    I would hope that it would be important in the new challenge mode 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I would hope that it would be important in the new challenge mode 5 mans.
    Not that I've experienced, and in the event that it is... gosup / goserv.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Uh, did they just remove critical strike scaling from chaos bolt completely or is that a tooltip simplification?
    Dimensional Rift Chaos Bolt.

So really the only difference is you don't toggle FnB on and you have to be talented for it. Which seems to be this common theme of needing to specifically talent into our aoe

the biggest difference are the lack of sustainable aoe..and the "fact" you need spec into talents to even have it. once immolate runs out on a big group..you are stuck with recasting immo on every mob, or just let it go and spam fnb incinerates instead. for me the spec either need a serious reduction in cataclysm CD or... let immolate be included in the fnb talent to be viable in a aoe raid encounter

as of now..demo and afflic both have much better(and fun)sustainable aoe imo
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-04-22 at 06:13 PM.