Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The fuck is wrong with all you people? Tubman was a HERO. Andrew Jackass was a Jackson.
    Goku is my only hero

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Id say he died too recently to be put on money. People should be dead at least 100 years before even being considered to be put on money
    That's an arbitrary distinction. However since you insist how about Alice Ball. She created a highly effective treatment for leprosy. She died young and her work was promptly stolen by her advisor.

I'd say nothing symbolizes America better than a white male stealing the work of a black female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Goku is my only hero
    *tears of joy*

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/20/treas...-politico.html

(not the actual design, but a concept)

Would you spend your 20s on dumb shit with that face lookin at you? No! You will spend that 20 on important things.
    In other news, the Tubman note immediately lost three-fifths of its value to the Jackson note, and there's a special sense of irony in the usage of the image of a black female that was a) a known criminal, b) a traitor to the Government of the United States of America for her involvement in the raid on Harper's Ferry, c) grossly over-exaggerated, and d) of little importance to the abolitionist movement. Regardless, I find it to be comical that anyone could support an "unknown and unimportant entity" in the history of the United States over a man that was:

a) A President of the United States of America
    b) A Governor of the United States of America
    c) A Senator of the United States of America
    d) A Representative of the United States of America
    e) A Major General of the Army of the United States of America
    f) Responsible for the greatest, US victory of the War of 1812 (and, without doubt, one of the most pivotal battles in US history) that virtually assured the continuation of the nation-state as a whole
    g) Responsible for the acquisition of Florida from the Spanish
    h) Responsible for the quelling of the Indians during the conflicts on the frontier
    i) Founder of the City of Memphis, TN
    j) One of the principal founders of the Democratic Party of the United States of America
    h) And the list could go on forever... .

P.S. On a side note, this note will, without a doubt (assuming that it goes through without objection), go down as one of the most defaced currencies on the planet by the general public.

P.P.S. Since he objected to the usage of a central banking system and fiat money (as does anyone with sense), I doubt that he would object to his removal (especially in light of the reality that his image was merely used by the Federal Reserve as a "poke" at his abolishment of the Second Bank of the United States).
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-04-22 at 04:28 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft...

The dollars were Dead Presidents.
    Not random people chosen by groups with an agenda.

Want a woman on the 20? Get a woman elected.

Political Correctness, Social Justice Warriors and Everyone's a Winner are garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Well, the guy who says he won't accept $20 and won't use them is lying. If you buy something from me, I'm under no obligation to give you the change in the denomination you prefer. If someone comes in and pays $15 with a $100 bill, they're going to get change in $20s and if they don't like it, they can leave the $20s on the counter. Because I don't have enough money in smaller bills to do that kind of exchange.

On the other hand, if they want to do all their business in $10s and $5s, I will so take that crap because we're always short in those denominations.
    Umm...

You do realize that you're legally obligated to give them authorized currency in the form that they chose, and that this is the same reason as to why they did away with the Susan B. Anthony dollar.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-04-22 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I don't think many people are upset, since a Woman AND an African American on money is absolutely sensible and it's archiac that they aren't. And all things being equal, Harriet Tubman isn't the worst choice.

It's really that this is so typically Obama. Stunt casting from day one to the last day in office. Why put a woman on the dollar when you can put a woman AND an African American.

I likened it to comics in a prior post because that's how Marvel works now. Why have a just a Hispanic Ant Man when you can have a Gay Hispanic Ant Man? Why have just a woman thor when you can make them a Cancer victim too?

It's like come on... be less contrived... put Eleanor Roosevelt or somebody on the $20, and then when Obama dies, being a historic figure (first Black President), put him on the $50 or something.

Everyone learns about Harriet Tubman in Grade School. And she's a meaningful historic figure. But the people on our currency should be the MOST significant, particularly to America as we know it (Jackson should be removed, as should PRESIDENT Grant... General Grant is another matter). But it's almost like they went through the list of least controversial black women and found like, the one they all could agree on.

Can we honestly say someone like Harriet Tubman belongs on our currency over say, Thurgood Marshall? Eleanor Roosevelt? Or hell even someone like Neil Armstrong? I don't think so. Not even FDR or Lyndon Johnson or Teddy Roosevelt is on paper money, and all three were instrumental in building modern America.

Harriet Tubman is such a contrived, column checking, choice.
    I think Sacagawea should be on the $20 bill

15+ Year Old Account
    Such a travesty. Yeah, let's replace a President with a trafficker of stolen property.

GG modern-day bleeding heart dipshits.

I'm ashamed by what this country has become.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a waste of taxpayer money.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Goku is my only hero
    Maybe I should get to actually watching a single episode of DBZ lol. All I know about it is the 9000 meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    Pfft...

Did you just completely skip US history in school? Hamilton ($10 bill) was not a president. Franklin ($100 bill) was not a president.

I don't have a problem with them changing the bills, but Tubman is a poor choice. She was a hero for sure, but on an individual level like a medal of honor winner. She wasn't that essential in shaping our country. I'd rather see MLK or Susan B Anthony on the $20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Maybe I should get to actually watching a single episode of DBZ lol. All I know about it is the 9000 meme.
    Its a very good show.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't there a vote or something and Tubman won?

replace all bills with national parks, that would be cool honestly

on the other hand, the tubman 20 dollars is pretty scary to look at

Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    Pfft...

Want a woman on the 20? Get a woman elected.

Political Correctness, Social Justice Warriors and Everyone's a Winner are garbage.
    The most desired bill is the Bejamin Franklin (its all about the bejamins), how was his presidency? Oh yeah, he was never president.

Pocahontas was on the $20 before Jackson. A little knowledge might hurt you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Such a travesty. Yeah, let's replace a President with a trafficker of stolen property.

Calm your tits, President Jackson is going to be on the opposite side of the $20. Property? Is that lightning bolt design based on the SS?

Deleted
    Lmao putting someone who was brought and sold on currency. What a affront to her memory. Used in racial capitalism and now used on a piece of paper which she was once considered equal too. Whoever thought this up is a potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post

not sure if serious... if so holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Lmao putting someone who was brought and sold on currency. What a affront to her memory. Used in racial capitalism and now used on a piece of paper which she was once considered equal too. Whoever thought this up is a potato.
    Is it an affront or a victory? You bought me with money? Now I am the money, beyotch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Well, his name is Toxigen, which suggests he generates toxicity, so yeah...
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    He is allowed to be ashamed of his country, mostly because his country is ashamed of him.

This is what the Obama administration deems important, using our money to push politics.