Page 81 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Where is Geodew? We need his theorycraft now.
    you need theorycraft to tell you this is a massive buff to mistweaver?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So Essence Font is kind of mandatory before Revival now? lol.

Seriously though... ReM->Mana Tea->RJW->EF->TFT->Vivify or EnvM

there is a potential there to have a serious big win sequence of major burst healing.

Now I'm not entirely sure which spells trigger our mastery, but the interaction with Mana Tea and Thunder Focus Tea might be a little too good. You can cast 3 times EF on one Mana Tea and cover the raid in hots seriously.

Anyways, too late to check all the potential, but any mana reduction cooldowns will be godly for mistweavers,
    why would you even cast RJW over any spell that procs gust of mists?

You're basically casting EF for the hots and using vivify/enm/effuse to double proc mastery. Chain casting EF is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    Would be interesting if the EF buff allowed other MWs to benefit from the double mastery proc, then maybe our utility is to buff other MWs Kappa.
    Blizzard would nerf that so quick.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

7+ Year Old Account

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post

I'm so stupid that I only trust math.

psh when has math ever helped us

People lie, math doesn't. Simple.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can assure you even without something mathing it out for you. This is a buff to monk : )

- - - Updated - - -

why would you even cast RJW over any spell that procs gust of mists?

You're basically casting EF for the hots and using vivify/enm/effuse to double proc mastery. Chain casting EF is pointless
    I thought rjw was making ef stronger or is that gone? Admit I've not been following much lately

Chain casting was a thought to put the dot on more targets but I guess it's useless
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Maybe the idea is now to make MW so strong in certain scenarios that a RL has to consider taking one despite the reduced bag of tricks at our disposal. If we assume that the core of the spec is now set in stone (considering the expansion launches in ~17 weeks), is it easier for devs to improve spell interaction and buff throughput than try and work in some additional utility somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought rjw was making ef stronger or is that gone? Admit I've not been following much lately

Chain casting was a thought to put the dot on more targets but I guess it's useless
    RJW itself isn't stronger than statue's hps, and with the mastery levels we're getting in raids, the healing increase doesn't outpace the extra mastery proc.

This is also completely ignoring how expensive/situational RJW is.

Well that was the point of doing it after mana tea.

Anyways, I've learned better, 4 months is a long time ahead, many things will change still, sadly we do have one of the less played spec so there isn't many feedback.

I'm starting to think they are waiting for Geodew's wall of text/compilation of issues lol... I don't know how many times we can say we want some raid utility and a redesign to life cocoon and it's just never even answered.

Plus let's be honest, 4 more months of this crap is enough to discourage anyone from playing right now, even myself an addict is considering taking a break until Legion because I'm sick of my 1h a week of WOW for the next 4 months.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay but instead of using RJW, you can use .5% more mana and cast enveloping doing more healing, whilst also having statue. RJW is simply not a good ability.

Also thanks for saying Geodew is the only one with the real good feedback xd. I'm glad to know all the feedback I (and many others) give is irrelevant compared to our lord Geodew.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-04-22 at 04:44 PM.

i foresee them nerfing mastery when they get around to real numbers tbh

From Celeston theorycrafting response thread:

--Essence Font will attempt to heal 18 people over the course of its channel. On each attempt, it will choose a random target who was not healed in the previous 5 attempts. If there are none, it will not heal.

Good to know. Each bolt counts as an "attempt" so 1 target cannot be healed twice during a single batch of 6 bolts, but they can be healed again during the next batch of 6 bolts.

also
    --Renewing Mist will choose a random player who is both injured and without the caster's Renewing Mist. If there are none, it will not jump.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-04-22 at 05:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    From Celeston theorycrafting response thread:

--Essence Font will attempt to heal 18 people over the course of its channel. On each attempt, it will choose a random target who was not healed in the previous 5 attempts. If there are none, it will not heal.

Good to know. Each bolt counts as an "attempt" so 1 target cannot be healed twice during a single batch of 6 bolts, but they can be healed again during the next batch of 6 bolts.

also
    --Renewing Mist will choose a random player who is both injured and without the caster's Renewing Mist. If there are none, it will not jump.
    They finally fix the shitty rem-jump rule.

Haha, no longer jumps to the most injured ally. Love it.

So Essence Font is kind of mandatory before Revival now? lol.

Seriously though... ReM->Mana Tea->RJW->EF->TFT->Vivify or EnvM

there is a potential there to have a serious big win sequence of major burst healing.

Now I'm not entirely sure which spells trigger our mastery, but the interaction with Mana Tea and Thunder Focus Tea might be a little too good. You can cast 3 times EF on one Mana Tea and cover the raid in hots seriously.

Anyways, too late to check all the potential, but any mana reduction cooldowns will be godly for mistweavers,
    why? no interaction between MW mastery and revival.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    maybe, maybe not it's not something overly hard for them to have scale properly and it's likely to fall off late expansion unless I'm missing something here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rosini View Post
    Maybe the idea is now to make MW so strong in certain scenarios that a RL has to consider taking one despite the reduced bag of tricks at our disposal. If we assume that the core of the spec is now set in stone (considering the expansion launches in ~17 weeks), is it easier for devs to improve spell interaction and buff throughput than try and work in some additional utility somewhere?
    What utility do you need exactly? Also mistweavers have always been tuned higher than other healers they just have healing patterns that don't match raid patterns. Half the reason there is so many issues with healers is the diversity in healer design. When you have a window limited + resource limited limited window you have few ways of filling it effectively. However healer design was built off dps design. The rock being that damage has the luxury of being 100% useful while heals do not. Add in a priority list and thus the giant headache.

Generally speaking almost every encounter can be beaten with only slows and stuns that are brought by every class. Strategies often utilize abilities that are game breaking in a very limited way to bypass incredibly punishing abilities. However there is always a way to beat each encounter without these. I think this is a good idea as it means MW doesn't need an ability to justify a raid spot you can just earn one normally by being a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    Either that or remove Effuse from the game. Effuse and Gust have been a recipe for disaster since the very first alpha build. It was only a matter of time before people figured out that they could just stack mastery at raid gear item level and spam effuse all day because a mastery-stacked Effuse can do literally 3 times the healing of an Effuse with no mastery.

Where is Geodew? We need his theorycraft now.
    I haven't been posting because I found the discussion topics since my last post for the most part uninteresting and off-topic at best or useless and inane at worst. I've still been reading (skimming); I didn't quit or anything.

Yes, this should greatly boost Mastery's effectiveness in burst scenarios. Unfortunately you still lose out on Mastery healing when you spend a GCD on RJW (if you talent it at all, anyway, obviously), but at least it's only one compared to the two for EF, and if you cast RJW I guess you'd also cast EF right after to capitalize on the "free" healing anyway. That doesn't mean that RJW has any Mastery synergy, though, of course.

I'll update my spreadsheet when I get a chance, but the burst was calculated back when we thought the EF HoTs stacked, so that needs to be corrected too, or the calculation is still meaningless anyway.

I'd like to take this opportunity to also reiterate that I also need solid logs from solid players with gear stats to complete Mastery's value calculations anyway, so stat weights may not be very accurate until pre-patch anyway, and probably won't be nailed down until the first week of Legion raiding has completed.

- - - Updated - - -

i can assure you even without something mathing it out for you. This is a buff to monk : )
    I see it as more of a mechanical change for Mastery and EF. I wouldn't count on them doing this to buff our overall HPS; they may be watching to see if we jump up too much and nerf us next build. Or not because maybe they're not worried about numbers too much yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Also thanks for saying Geodew is the only one with the real good feedback xd. I'm glad to know all the feedback I (and many others) give is irrelevant compared to our lord Geodew.
    I hope and assume he didn't mean it like that lol
    Last edited by Geodew; 2016-04-23 at 02:31 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosini View Post
    If we assume that the core of the spec is now set in stone (considering the expansion launches in ~17 weeks)
    They just did a massive rework on WW over the last 2 weeks, changing how many abilities work and even replacing a core ability.
    It's not too late.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    looks like we are getting a little change soon

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...-21531-21-apr/
    I feel Gust of Mist is becoming GotS 2.0. They add more different coeff for more different spells for GoM just as what they did in Gots before.

This mastery is becoming more and more complex. If a mastery is complex, it's extremely easy underpowered.
    How could they really balance it?