Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Battlelord - New Class Title

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Character Titles
    • Battlelord %s - Name changed from "Warbringer %s" to "Battlelord %s".

The latest build seems to have brought us a new title. We are now the Battlelord.

It wasn't unexpected seeing how Warbringer was already a PvP-title just like most war-related titles are. But this is really bland and uninspired, even if Skylord didn't make much sense at least it was a little creative.

Also Battlelord looks weirdly similar to Battletoad when you just look at the word and that will never leave my brain.

It's a hell of a lot better than Skylord, but yeah still kind of sucks. Too bad most of the Warrior stylized ones are already taken by PvP.

I'd rock battletoad though.

Deleted
    Feels meh.

maybe they should go back to something tied to halls of valor. Odyn's chosen, son of Odyn, the living valarjar, Odyn's might/shield/hammer, valarjar's might/shield/hammer, valajar lord, etc.

God that's lame. "Warleader" or "Warmonger" would've been great. Though now I'm fucking pissed off that it's NOT Battletoad. I'd rock the holy shit outta that title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Warleader would be good but anything was better than Skylord at least. Why do we have to be lords though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    "Warleader"
    "Lead me, Warleader!"

Man, I would love this one.

Better than Skylord at least, but still a meh title in my opinion.

Then again, I prefer "%s, Title" over "Title %s", so I'd wish it had been something like "%s, Champion of Valor"

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    God that's lame. "Warleader" or "Warmonger" would've been great. Though now I'm fucking pissed off that it's NOT Battletoad. I'd rock the holy shit outta that title.
    Both Warleader and Warmonger are much better, but If they had to combine Warlord and Battlemaster they could've at least made it Warmaster.

Warmaster Blackhorn who apart from the dragon bond leeching magic was a warrior boss, the only Battlelords in the game are dungeon trash.

But I will always be dubbed Battletoad of the Valarjar in my heart.

Deleted
    Frankly, no matter what that title will eventually end up as, I think I will stick to Justicar until the end of time.

Hahaha! Battletoad!
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Calith- View Post
    Both Warleader and Warmonger are much better, but If they had to combine Warlord and Battlemaster they could've at least made it Warmaster.

Warmaster Blackhorn who apart from the dragon bond leeching magic was a warrior boss, the only Battlelords in the game are dungeon trash.

I suppose "Warmonger" would be considered to barbaric. Our theme seems to be along the lines of noble ass kicker. Thus all the titan stuff that is being shoved down all the races throats.

That and blizz loves Lords. Isnt DK "Deathlord", Warlord "Netherlord" and Paladin "Highlord"?

And yeah, is funny that all the "Battlelords" in game are mutated draenei. Suppose its better than Skylord, who were all Druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Frankly, no matter what that title will eventually end up as, I think I will stick to Justicar until the end of time.
    I shall always be a Mistwalker. But if this is meant to be a reflection of theme, then "Battlelord" reflects that we're generic and last in line to be looked at.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at titles of famous warriors. Why didnt we just get Overlord? At least that title is used by both important figures of our class and more importantly, not exclusively by NPC races and other classes.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I suppose "Warmonger" would be considered to barbaric. Our theme seems to be along the lines of noble ass kicker. Thus all the titan stuff that is being shoved down all the races throats.

That and blizz loves Lords. Isnt DK "Deathlord", Warlord "Netherlord" and Paladin "Highlord"?

And yeah, is funny that all the "Battlelords" in game are mutated draenei. Suppose its better than Skylord, who were all Druids.
    The titles are either Classlord, Archclass or Classmaster with some exceptions, but Warmonger is problably not relevant anyway because Warmongering Gladiator is a thing.

There's also some random Centaurs and Ogres called "Battle Lords" aswell, it's not a title for fancy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Looking at titles of famous warriors. Why didnt we just get Overlord? At least that title is used by both important figures of our class and more importantly, not exclusively by NPC races and other classes.
    Yeah, Overlord used to be the Warlock title, but with them getting Netherlord it would be a great fit for Warriors.

The titles are either Classlord, Archclass or Classmaster with some exceptions, but Warmonger is problably not relevant anyway because Warmongering Gladiator is a thing.

There's also some random Centaurs and Ogres called "Battle Lords" aswell, it's not a title for fancy people.

Yeah, Overlord used to be the Warlock title, but with them getting Netherlord it would be a great fit for Warriors.
    Yeah Overlord didnt make sense for warlocks since its mostly a warrior title.

Why isnt blizz doing like, a search for who already has these titles before they apply them? Wasnt our last title, already a title in game?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Overlord. Berserker. the Unbreakable. Blademaster. Reaver. Breaker of Things. Anything, please.
    Last edited by Darklurker; 2016-04-22 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, Battlelord is kinda meh, but way better than Skylord.

I would've liked Warmaster/Warmistress
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Warleader doesn't sound right in my opinion, and Warmonger is kind of antagonistic (not sure if necessarily a problem, just an observation).

I'd be ok with Warmaster though, but not Warmistress, just sounds weird and there's nothing wrong with master as a female descriptor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    Breaker of Things.
    I like this even more. I want to see a boss with this title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Feels meh.

maybe they should go back to something tied to halls of valor. Odyn's chosen, son of Odyn, the living valarjar, Odyn's might/shield/hammer, valarjar's might/shield/hammer, valajar lord, etc.
    son of odyn would make me nerdgasm
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Warbringer sounds badass, what's wrong with that? :S

Kind of a meh title.

It feels too flowery, I think I'd prefer General, Vandal, Scion of Odyn sounds nifty or even simply Valarjar. Get down to something a bit meatier and less D&D Trapper Keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Warbringer sounds badass, what's wrong with that? :S
    It's already a title.