Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I think I got to the second egypt zone, I didn't care for Egypt very much, but was also getting really bored with the combat at that point, and slogging through all these random spawns was just too tedious.
    Yeah. The second zone was a big pain for me to get through. Loved the first one, but despite there being some stellar little mini-stories and characters in the second zone it just kinda felt bleh.

But getting through it is totally worth it, Transylvania is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I keep meaning to go back, but torn between trying a new character or slogging through with the other, so I just give up and return to GW2 or TOR.
    Slog through it at some point, IMO. You can always replay the older missions on the same character if you want, as well, so at least you won't lose all the progress you've made so far.

Any suggestions on a leveling build? I just returned to the game and am starting a new character(I know you don't have to reroll, but I wasn't that far in and my build was a complete disaster) after being away for three years.

I just started off with Rifles and Pistols but I'm not really feeling it and since its very difficult to stay at range from mobs anyway I was thinking of doing a melee build, but all the guides and stuff I can find are from 2-3 years ago and presumably not valid anymore.

Just like any other tag target MMO staying at range for solo isn't a thing. Mob AI is going to be next to you regardless and you'll trade blows much like WoW. You will get some snares or slows later on with rifle pistol but you'll never keep anything 100% at range.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah. The second zone was a big pain for me to get through. Loved the first one, but despite there being some stellar little mini-stories and characters in the second zone it just kinda felt bleh.

But getting through it is totally worth it, Transylvania is fantastic.

Slog through it at some point, IMO. You can always replay the older missions on the same character if you want, as well, so at least you won't lose all the progress you've made so far.
    I loved all of Egypt, given the 2nd zone could use a better skybox to make it feel more like it's underground. Most of TSW seems to be love/hate, weirdest thing I've seen. Personally I disliked New England, but the story+Egypt saved the game for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Any suggestions on a leveling build? I just returned to the game and am starting a new character(I know you don't have to reroll, but I wasn't that far in and my build was a complete disaster) after being away for three years.

I just started off with Rifles and Pistols but I'm not really feeling it and since its very difficult to stay at range from mobs anyway I was thinking of doing a melee build, but all the guides and stuff I can find are from 2-3 years ago and presumably not valid anymore.
    I've been using a Assault Rifle/Blood leech build, it's carried me through most of Egypt and Transylvania with relative ease it seems like---but I have nothing to compare it to. The downside is that I've heard that leech is horrible with AEGIS, blood is weak until mid Egypt, and you have to learn how Blood works. Took me quite a while to figure out how to control blood offering xD

I think blade/blood is decent? Haven't tried it myself

Edit: Also, was thinking about making a new character to try the early dungeons with, I haven't done any on my main. How difficult are the dungeons? Basically, how shitty of a build can I get away with in Polaris etc.
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-04-25 at 01:02 AM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post

This is what I used leveling all the way to Transylvannia.
    https://www.tswdb.com/builds/beginne...modern-samurai

This is also a good site to look for other builds.
    http://www.tswdb.com/

I'm in Egypt now. I actually liked it at first, because some sunlight was a nice change. But then by the time i got to the second Egypt zone I decided to just skip on ahead to Transylvania and come back to it later. Transylvania provides more immersive experience than Egypt so far

7+ Year Old Account
    Heads up, looks like they have a pretty big 4th anniversary event planned.

2x AP being the least of the awesome.

From the email:

The 10 Guardians of Gaia have re-emerged in all major adventure zones! Plus, get ready to see red: The Lunar Guardian reclaims its territory within Fusang Projects!

All Guardians now provide three tiers of rewards based on your contribution to its defeat: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Hop into the #event channel (by typing /chat join #event into your chat window) and get those hands bloody!

Agartha features a newly re-opened portal that transports you to Deep Agartha. Here, a new drop from the Guardians may be used to summon manifestations of their anger.

Once you have all 10 Guardians’ manifestations gathered, the ritual begins…and the Gatekeeper is summoned. Thus begins a never-before-seen 40-person raid encounter with new rewards to reap!

This event begins June 29th and runs through July 13th!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

It's pretty fantastic timing with the summer sales going on right now. I enjoy that they sent out the info for how to join the event channel as well, hopefully it will help folks get in on some of the guardian kills. If they're anything like the golem kills from the golden even they're going to net a ridiculous amount of experience.

Hopefully I can get my computer fixed ASAP, because I need to get in on this.

Well I know what I'm playing all day tomorrow...

7+ Year Old Account
    There looked like there were some other things as well but I just wanted to post that sweet sweet content.

And yeah, telling people about #event (and #sanctuary would have been a good shout out) is a solid choice.
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh shiny... RIP Overwatch playtime/life
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Oooh shiny... RIP Overwatch playtime/life
    I think I'm gonna follow your example. The Secret World is such a wonderful game and the rotten Overwatch community is starting to get to me, I wish they never implemented a text chat.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hrrrrmmmmm......I think I need to get this installed/updated.
    BAD WOLF

So you're able to engage the special event world bosses again for another stab at better rewards, right?

My wife and I took on the one in Blue Mountain and she got a pet while all I got was a black eye-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So you're able to engage the special event world bosses again for another stab at better rewards, right?

My wife and I took on the one in Blue Mountain and she got a pet while all I got was a black eye-patch.
    Yep, just be in the events channel and port to folks who call out golems. Good for farming SP too.

Just reinstalled the game yesterday but i cant bring myself to playing it yet. Kingsmouth, SC and BM are actually my favorite zones...KM is #1 because of that small town/zombie invasion feel. I had a Templar fist/chaos build that was in Transylvania but i want to start a new one. Even though i could just take that one and re-run KM, SC and BM all over again and gain AP/SP it feels a bit too easy. Maybe i'll try a different build too though like AR and SG or a soldier deck.

Did they change the server tech though? i was about to ask which is the most populated server (or is it called dimensions in TSW?), at least for new players. Looking for zones that have a lot of people in early zones instead of a lot of level capped QL people who sit around the hubs all day waiting for queues. Anyways did they change the server tech so that it doesnt matter what server you make your home since its all connected? i thought i read thats how they are now but i dont remember.
    Last edited by notanmmmonewbie; 2016-07-04 at 06:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    Just reinstalled the game yesterday but i cant bring myself to playing it yet. Kingsmouth, SC and BM are actually my favorite zones...KM is #1 because of that small town/zombie invasion feel. I had a Templar fist/chaos build that was in Transylvania but i want to start a new one. Even though i could just take that one and re-run KM, SC and BM all over again and gain AP/SP it feels a bit too easy. Maybe i'll try a different build too though like AR and SG or a soldier deck.

Did they change the server tech though? i was about to ask which is the most populated server (or is it called dimensions in TSW?), at least for new players. Looking for zones that have a lot of people in early zones instead of a lot of level capped QL people who sit around the hubs all day waiting for queues. Anyways did they change the server tech so that it doesnt matter what server you make your home since its all connected? i thought i read thats how they are now but i dont remember.
    Yeah, from what I remember it's only Cabal's that are tied to server now.

And you are seeing a lot of new people more than likely because they have it on sale for 66% off.

My glowing green eyes don't seem to glow. What's the deal?

picked it up again, since friend of mine pointed out that "all chapters to 15 for $24 sale. huh.. they seem to have done a LOT of combat re-balancing. because I'm doing way WAY better now than I did when I first tried it maybe... 2 years ago? like... I'm actually able to progress through quests instead of dying because I picked the wrong build to start playing with. so yeah, I grabbed that deal after realizing that I can enjoy this game now!

its... nice

on event though... how friendly is it to someone newish? like.. someone who is still playing through kingsmouth newish.

I heard that they made Savage Coast and Blue Mountain, the two zones after Kingsmouth, a lot easier. They never bothered me really but i guess a lot of people had trouble with some of the stronger mobs there. I haven't tried the new events yet so i cant say what those are like.