Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    On the other hand, there were... three I think?... Australians in the main cast of Jessica Jones and even I could pick out the hideous American accent attempts from two of them

I just don't understand how casting directors can think people won't notice if they half-arse it.
    It's a hilarious double standard that people think Brits/Australians do good American accents. Aside from a few great actors, they are generally just as bad. Anybody see Damian Lewis on Billions? I loved the voice, but I've never heard a human sound like that in my life.

Uhm.. every hero of non-American ethnicity in Overwatch is like that. Zarya, for example, has a very butchered russian accent. Her ultimate's voiceover gets any russian laughing immediately.
    But I don't get why it is considered bad, or unpleasant. It's either funny or nothing noteworthy. Getting pissed by it seems so... unnecessary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Uhm.. every hero of non-American ethnicity in Overwatch is like that. Zarya, for example, has a very butchered russian accent. Her ultimate's voiceover gets any russian laughing immediately.
    But I don't get why it is considered bad, or unpleasant. It's either funny or nothing noteworthy. Getting pissed by it seems so... unnecessary.
    Junkrat is actually quite good for (very very VERY rural country) Australian. It's refreshing, because 99% of attempts at our accent made by Americans are so hideously wide of the mark that it grates on my soul
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Welp she's up to 55% WR!

I'm liking how she counterplays extended Li Mings, which is often really hard to punish.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    you are both right and you are both pretty.
    I knew it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Junkrat is actually quite good for (very very VERY rural country) Australian. It's refreshing, because 99% of attempts at our accent made by Americans are so hideously wide of the mark that it grates on my soul
    Hmm, I'd say it's a good "cartoon Australian accent". On the scale of inaccurate Australian accents it's closer to the top, versus the hilariously bad ones you hear in pre-2000 American movies. Much better than say, Monterey Jack from the old Chip N' Dale show, which is like the Australian equivalent of Groundskeeper Willie. I think Australians must've became a lot more common in America in the last 20 years or so.

Nobody really talks like Junkrat, but if you took an insane Australian pyromaniac from Wogga Wogga and exaggerated it a lot... yeah :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Same here, it really sucks that whenever you see a "British person" in an American film/game they always sound like they are running from Jack the ripper. I mean seriously, <0.3% of our population talk like that, put some other British accents in your damn stuff Murica XD
    Hey at least it's not the British Butler accent again :P

Honestly I think Tracer's accent is fine. The one thing that bothers me is "Cheers Love, the cavalry's here!". Which could've so easily been changed to "Chin up Love, the cavalry's here!", which would make a lot more sense.

I mean unless someone was proposing a toast right before Tracer spoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Terrible to play against; if your damage isn't instant, she is gone. In the hands of a decent player much more annoying than early Li Ming. Initial win rates also higher, very close to what Xul was at immediately post release.

Overall powerful and really hard to balance skillset. If the offensive and defensive mobility as her main characteristic is to remain, she needs substantial damage and health nerfs. The good news is, once she is balanced enough to not dominate pro and Master league matches, she should be quite useless in the hands of average players

When is she releasing for people that haven't preordered OW?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    When is she releasing for people that haven't preordered OW?
    This coming Tuesday. 15k gold for 2 weeks, then down to 10k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Hey at least it's not the British Butler accent again :P

Honestly I think Tracer's accent is fine. The one thing that bothers me is "Cheers Love, the cavalry's here!". Which could've so easily been changed to "Chin up Love, the cavalry's here!", which would make a lot more sense.

I mean unless someone was proposing a toast right before Tracer spoke.
    I thought the line was 'Cheer up, love', which makes a bit more sense. I really hope you are not right. I'm not gonna research it in case I'm mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This coming Tuesday. 15k gold for 2 weeks, then down to 10k.
    Have no idea who will buy her for gold when her Spectre skin is awesome, the mount is just an extra.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Have no idea who will buy her for gold when her Spectre skin is awesome, the mount is just an extra.
    Oh, I will. Will never buy a skin in HotS, since there are master skins around.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    You can buy her for gold and get the bundle for less RL buckeroos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You can buy her for gold and get the bundle for less RL buckeroos.
    Yeah, but I rather save gold for some cool master skins or upcoming heroes with bundles I don't like.

A hero that really has to be played with cast on key press, she just feels better with it. It also makes her more approachable for a hard hero imo.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    A hero that really has to be played with cast on key press, she just feels better with it. It also makes her more approachable for a hard hero imo.
    Yes, quick-cast is absolutely essential for performing well with Tracer.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Oh, I will. Will never buy a skin in HotS, since there are master skins around.
    But...so many of the master skins look horrible. And most of the ones that don't are so similar to the regular skins it's not even worth it.

Don't like her. Her diabetes level of sweetness, Oxton level obnoxiously cheery accent is annoying as hell. Not no mention she doesn't have that nice of an ass. Seriously, it's average compared to the real sexy babes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    But...so many of the master skins look horrible. And most of the ones that don't are so similar to the regular skins it's not even worth it.
    Nah, haven't seen any horrible skins. Just some that are not that great.

Thematically for this thread, I think Tacer's master skin is worse than her default :P
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

As soon as you get used to her and how to blink in every direction you are hard to catch, I had today a match where zeratul gave up on me every time I jump on him he leaves control completely and let me kill him...it's like he gave up to catch me at all LOL.