Poll: and the performer is...?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Rock is popular in the gaming world. I don't understand why people can limit themself to liking one genre of music. I listen to everything from death metal to opera.

Peste Noire or Taake

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Rock is popular in the gaming world. I don't understand why people can limit themself to liking one genre of music. I listen to everything from death metal to opera.
    Not surprising, it's been concluded multiple times that metal is for smart peeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, its a gaming convention, you need music with energy

How about the Blizzard orchestra then? I mean they've been doing a fantastic job for the past ... two decades.

Prince.

Oh wait.

It's so cringe how they always have shitty metal music at blizzcon, but I don't really care enough about it that it matters much to me.

Deleted
    The Muppets? - seems appropriate.

Maybe also Sesame street to match their target audience for Wow these days?

If they switched from Metal or Rock it would probably end up being Electronic as that is one of the more popular music types for gamers. Either way I'm not super concerned about the performers.

I actually like the thought of an orchestra playing their tunes. Seems cool. Shelling out cash for Metallica and Ozzy (whom I aw 15 years ago or more now) is a waste to me. Hopefully, this year will be something a little better. They should remove all the chairs and seating and just put a DJ out there or get MC Frontalot, MC Chris or something fun like that. I think the concert is more for Blizzard employees than the fans attending.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2016-04-22 at 08:16 PM.

I'm glad I don't even recognize several names from that list. I personally like Katy Perry and Taylor Swift, but those won't appeal to most Blizzcon goers I would guess. What's more likely though is probably something like Daft Punk, Deadmau5, Skrillex, or another metal or rock band.

No matter what band they pick for Blizzcon, there's no way they're going to appease maybe more than a third of the conference attendees. People have vastly different musical preferences, but someone who covers video game music, or plays originals, like Black Mages, Video Games Live, or Lindsey Stirling would definitely be interesting.

Only universal win I can imagine for Blizzcon band is Queen. Don't think I know anyone who doesn't like them, and don't think I'd want to.
    Last edited by thraton; 2016-04-22 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    I'd love to see Chris Cornell perform at Blizzcon.

Alternatively, I'd like them to hang up LizardSquad members in stockades and we can throw rotten vegetables at them.

Deleted
    Cannibal Corpse, hands down. First to see the reaction from the individuals who voted anything else than "Others" and second to see him verbally abuse the Alliance!

J Allen Brack with "You think you do but you don't" remix
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

7+ Year Old Account
    KISS (the band, not the radio station)

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Babymetal
    Yes please. I'm voting "Other" for this. Well...and because I don't care the least bit for any of the other stuff listed. I think Taylor Swift is hot as hell but am not a fan otherwise.

If I was going and they were announced I'd try and get a refund. You might not like Rock, but I'd guess that a majority of the Male demographic, which in turn is the vast majority in this case, who go to things like Blizzcon generally do and they're the ones paying hundreds of dollars to go and thousands for the full experience over the weekend.

If I had to go with something that wasn't Rock/Metal, I'd have to go with an orchestra doing Blizzard soundtracks.

That said, I'd consider watching the youtube replay of Bieber being mobbed if he was asked to do it. It's be fucking hilarious to see them riot.

Those are horrible options.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame they can't get any decent acts. I would love to see Lotus at blizzcon. Will never ever happen because I'm willing to bet most Blizzard fans don't even know who Lotus is - its a shame really. Real music isn't played on the radio anymore (unless you have a classical music station).

Or Phish - that would be so epic but again - would be grossly underappreciated.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2016-04-23 at 12:45 AM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

L110etc. Im starting to miss those guys.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

ACDC.
    Black Sabbath.
    Kansas.
    Elite Tauren Chieftain.

None of those performers above interest me so these are a few.