Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Demon Hunter needs BLUE FIRE*2

I do strongly believe that to fully embrace demon hunter's lore we should get blue fire glyph. The same as Illidan is using. It reveals a new potential and potentially expands demonic knowledge we gain. Considering our demon hunter's special position and skill they wield, it should be a thing. Would you like to wield it as your master did before you?

1. not a useless thread but quite useful, opening eyes to options for demon hunters
    2. so very much constructive right now

Deleted
    I'm not sure how exactly, could you expand on this a little?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Actimel View Post
    I'm not sure how exactly, could you expand on this a little?
    Erkhm let me think umm yes! We do not know the origins of Illidan's blue fire. What if it is a very special kind of flame, a mixture of arcane and fel or a stage in between those. What if it is even stronger kind of power?! To increase immersion of our characters I think that it would be amazing to allow us to use what good old champ Illidan did while fighting with us. And for sure it is a far better alternative than red fire glyph. BLUE FIRE is the future!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Erkhm let me think umm yes!
    Up to this point in my life, this is my favourite sentence that i have seen written down on internet. It's just so unnecessary to type this in online conversation. I love it.

On topic: Am i the only one who thinks blue fire in general would look super awkward and.. unnatural? I've heard people ask for mages to get it as well but i just can't picture it looking good. Blue fire = no-no, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    Up to this point in my life, this is my favourite sentence that i have seen written down on internet. It's just so unnecessary to type this in online conversation. I love it.

On topic: Am i the only one who thinks blue fire in general would look super awkward and.. unnatural? I've heard people ask for mages to get it as well but i just can't picture it looking good. Blue fire = no-no, in my opinion.
    Yes, I'm quite love desrving.

More or less unnatural than green fire? To pits of hellfire with mages! They need their verdant spheres, no need to give them pretty blue fire! Blue fire would like a fire that is blue, beautiful and hypnotising, something you wish to look into mm mm. And it would be unique, and we all like to be millions of uniquessessess

I feel this effect would look deeply unpleasant. Illidan using blue flames is not even slightly an iconic effect and blue fire particles just don't... look good.
    I can't see this being a good idea.

I also hope that when the mods lock your duplicate topic that they realise that you've been making these useless bizarrely formatted threads about trivial graphical changes for your entire posting career and do a bit more to stop you from spamming for a while >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I feel this effect would look deeply unpleasant. Illidan using blue flames is not even slightly an iconic effect and blue fire particles just don't... look good.
    I can't see this being a good idea.

I also hope that when the mods lock your duplicate topic that they realise that you've been making these useless bizarrely formatted threads about trivial graphical changes for your entire posting career and do a bit more to stop you from spamming for a while >_>
    Well, upgraded blue particles to match the new effects in Legion or even WoD, hell, they would look nice! Might not be iconic but quite fresh.

It is not spamming considering I make threads every few weeks or days. Also, it is a result of my deep care! Lovre and gloval understanding toward importance of visual representation of graphical engineering and artistry.

Even turning the new updated fire particles blue wouldn't create a pleasant effect, it's just not the right thing you expect.

Blue fire worked in Icecrown Citadel (and other select undead areas) because it was set in a blue zone and you expected it to be "cold", it's like the undead version of flames. Demon Hunter fire is not supposed to be cold. It would not look right.

Deleted
    Even turning the new updated fire particles blue wouldn't create a pleasant effect, it's just not the right thing you expect.

Blue fire worked in Icecrown Citadel (and other select undead areas) because it was set in a blue zone and you expected it to be "cold", it's like the undead version of flames. Demon Hunter fire is not supposed to be cold. It would not look right.
    It would look amazing. You are so negative about everything. And you have a bad taste too! Blue is beautiful colour when applied to flames

Blue flame is looks far more intensive than orange one. It would look better than right! Illidan himself proved it!

Illidan's blue flame looked like crap dude. It is the least convincing argument you could make.

And on that green background too? eugh.

Except blue fire is a thing IRL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame

In fact, blue flames tend to burn hotter and "cleaner" than your typical orange flame... they are orange because of burning soot particles. Blue fire is more "pure" in that sense.

While we're on the topic though, we don't have blue fire, but there IS a datamined minor glyph to make the souls we devour blue instead of green! (And one that turns them blood red as well)

Deleted
    Illidan's blue flame looked like crap dude. It is the least convincing argument you could make.

And on that green background too? eugh.
    Maybe because it is a very much old effect? The newwest flames look much better overal so would blue
    Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    Except blue fire is a thing IRL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame

In fact, blue flames tend to burn hotter and "cleaner" than your typical orange flame... they are orange because of burning soot particles. Blue fire is more "pure" in that sense.

While we're on the topic though, we don't have blue fire, but there IS a datamined minor glyph to make the souls we devour blue instead of green! (And one that turns them blood red as well)
    Exactly! While souls turn blue, why not blue spells too? Immolation has red fire glyph also, add blue one and total perfection
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Why are you spamming the DH forum?
    You already posted 1 of these and now you post another? You could easily edit the last one.
    You mean the SOULFIRE? Because it has a clear SOULFIRE thing in a name. It would not fit even tho blue soulfire would be amazing too. Also these forums are quite abandoned so where is a problem exactly? That I make new threads and it happen that other people don't so my threads are near each other? such is life

Demon Hunters should stick to green. They are using fel magic after all.

If I chose anyone to have some type of blue fire-looking ability it would be death knights...

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Demon Hunters should stick to green. They are using fel magic after all.

If I chose anyone to have some type of blue fire-looking ability it would be death knights...
    yeah i agree, not really sure why they'd cast blue fire to begin with. blue fire should go to mages or death knights. Demon Hunters stick to fel and chaotic magics which are usually green so they should stay with that color scheme

Deleted
    i hate blue with a passions so no

WoW is a very color coded game. Demon fire is green, so Demon Hunter fire is green.

Side note: Is there a lore reason why so many things in the Black Temple were blue? I can't see any reason other than style.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    WoW is a very color coded game. Demon fire is green, so Demon Hunter fire is green.

Side note: Is there a lore reason why so many things in the Black Temple were blue? I can't see any reason other than style.
    Draenei like blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Illidan had a large source of Arcane Power in the form of the Shrine of Lost Souls (Where the Reliquary of Souls boss was) that was either there from when the Draenei held the temple, created by the Legion, or created by Illidan (probably some combination of the three: A mini Auchindoon to the Draenei, corrupted and perverted by the Legion, and Illidan added a Vial of Well of Eternity Water to it). He offered a drink from the power of the Shrine to any Demon that would serve him instead of the Legion (as a way to break their reliance on Fel Magic). So, most of the Demons in the Black Temple used Blue (probably Arcane) Fire from this source. Illidan probably partook as well (cause why not, he's always grabbing more power).
    Last edited by Orloth; 2016-04-23 at 07:07 AM.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

blue fire particles just don't... look good.
    opinion. also, your signature kinda looks like a lot of scrolling blue fire to me so idk what to think any more.

i hate blue as a colour in general, but blue flames i like. a mix of blue and green could be interesting on a few effects.

Deleted
    Illidan, besides being DH, is also a mighty Sorcerer. One of the greatest kaldorei ever had. So he can have his mixes or w/e. Our DHs aren;t necesarily sorcerers too and certainly not as great as he.

Also fel fire is green and DH use fel fire.